HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues (17-18-7) at Ducks (17-9-7) Jan 7 9:00 PM

Old
01-08-2010, 12:28 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

vCash: 500
Our forecheck has been very unorganized.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sbkbghockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriBlues2008 View Post
Terrible.
WOW! what an ending to the Game! they were calling everything earlier but missed a a huge interference/knee on Jackman!

Edit: wow EJ gotta hit the net!

sbkbghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
blue bleeder 24-7

Really? There's not a penalty on the knee on knee by Getzlaf? Really?

Loving how the officiating handed this one to the Ducks. We didn't earn a win, but the Ducks were handed it tonight.

Absolutely terrible officiating.

blue bleeder 24-7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:29 AM
EOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfox9611 View Post
Are you kidding me?! Backes does the exact same thing in the 1st gets called... Getzlaf sticks out his knee for a knee on knee hit... Ducks win... Unbelievable officiating
Plus, Jackman wasn't even near the puck. It's interference as well. Total bull.

EOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:35 AM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

Talk about a frustrating ending. Fraiser needs to retire.

HANDZ 57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:41 AM
mmitchell19

Dead legs tonight after the 1st period. Overlooking the Getzlaf interference (should've been called, wasn't called, it's history now), Jax had already handed over the puck to Perry in a really bad spot.

EJ just looks tired out there. He played two good periods last night, but was slow, indecisive, and played about half his size tonight. I don't think he's going to have much left in the tank after the Olympics.

I know it's an unfair statement to make, but I'll make it anyway...looked a lot like "same song, different verse."

mmitchell19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 01:13 AM
concept*

At least we have a reason why now: this guy's a conditioning coach. I don't expect sudden success, and nor should anyone else. Especially when our coach is trying to instill a new physical aspect and not a mental aspect. Physical takes time. The guys will be tired, but will eventually catch up. I'm excited.

concept* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 06:30 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmitchell19 View Post
Dead legs tonight after the 1st period. Overlooking the Getzlaf interference (should've been called, wasn't called, it's history now), Jax had already handed over the puck to Perry in a really bad spot.

EJ just looks tired out there. He played two good periods last night, but was slow, indecisive, and played about half his size tonight. I don't think he's going to have much left in the tank after the Olympics.

I know it's an unfair statement to make, but I'll make it anyway...looked a lot like "same song, different verse."
That was a terrible missed call.

As for EJ, lets face it, the kid was off for a whole season last year. I was hoping for more, but man his conditioning (game in game out) is not great. You just can't make up for the injury time.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 11:55 AM
concept*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
As for EJ, lets face it, the kid was off for a whole season last year. I was hoping for more, but man his conditioning (game in game out) is not great. You just can't make up for the injury time.
Let's hope that he and his agent realize that when contract discussion time comes up. Unfortunately he'd be a prime candidate for an offer sheet despite having a down season.

concept* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:59 PM
number 77

EJ's shot looked like it might have glanced off Steen's stick near the end there. Would have been an open net. I think it was Pang who noted it.

Regarding EJ, the guy we saw to begin the season that had so much speed through the neutral zone and was creating offensive chances is not out there at the moment. He may need some rest at some point, especially if he's going to Vancouver.

number 77 is offline   Reply With Quote