HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Prospect Poll: #3

View Poll Results: Who's the third most valuable Rangers prospect?
Bobby Sanguinetti 10 9.26%
Matt Gilroy 1 0.93%
Evgeny Grachev 60 55.56%
Ryan McDonagh 0 0%
Derek Stepan 36 33.33%
Chris Kreider 1 0.93%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-08-2010, 04:50 AM
jniklast

vCash: 500
grachev add heikkinen

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 04:58 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Went with Grachev, who I give a slight edge to over Sanguinetti, based on the idea that I believe Grachev has a slightly higher upside. Add Johnson...he originally wasn't on my radar, but based upon my criteria - ability, likelihood of fulfilling that ability and develpoment stage, Johnson is ahead of both Sauer and Werek, who both were considerations.

At this point I see it as follows:

Grachev
Sanguinetti
McDonagh
Stepan
Kreider
Johnson
Sauer
Werek

which would finish out my top ten.

Last edited by jas: 01-08-2010 at 05:15 AM.
jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 06:59 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Grachev, add Ethan Werek.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Add Johnson

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:33 AM
free0717

Stepan add Werek

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:39 AM
Barnaby

add werek

Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:59 AM
pld459666

IMHO, Stepan's stock just rose quite a few notches after the U20 Tournament.

Being named Captain of Team USA and then going out and leading his team to the gold medal?

I had some concerns about him, but I think that for the most part they have been answered.

I would choose Grachev as #4 and Kreider as #5, but for me, after watching him in this tournament, I have become a big fan of his. (Stepan's that is)

Last edited by pld459666: 01-08-2010 at 08:05 AM.
pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 08:17 AM
Rags225

Stepan add Hagelin.

on a side note: Brooklyn do you think you can show who and how many times a player was voted for in the "ADD IN" vote. Thanks.

Rags225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 08:39 AM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Grachev

Following/progressing on a similar path to Anisimov. Playing professionally in the A at 19 and learning how to play a NA game, like AA another guy that needs to fill out and learn to really use his body and compete consistently.
The potential is obvious.

Add Johnson

Went Werek last time, forgot about Johnson. What Johnson has done in the A this year makes him a no brainer here. IMO

Werek next time.

I've been saying since the draft, this kid keeps reminding me of Adam Graves.

N9Y4R is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 10:31 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Grachev. The slow start at HFD aside, he has the highest upside of any of our prospects except for Kreider (whom I am also very high on, but he needs to show that he can sustain the upward trend from the WJC).

Add Werek. Johnson should be added soon (he's in my top 10), but not before him.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:21 PM
eco's bones

The way I see it Grachev going into camp was on the fast track to the NHL with an outside shot of making the team out of camp and if not at least getting a few games in the NHL. That does not seem likely now. What seems likely is that he'll need another season in Hartford. Power forwards need time to develop. Stepan if he turns pro might beat Grachev to the NHL. From the WJC he's a heads up player--seems to sneak up on you and find a way. Anyway that's part of why I voted this time for Derek. Looking at Grachev vs. Kreider. Grachev has a game experience advantage for sure. His weakness seems to be his skating--not so much speed but agility. Both Kreider and Grachev are big, fast players but Kreider is the better overall skater, seems to have more of a physical game and is quicker off the start and more agile. In my eyes Grachev is ahead of him as far as arriving in the NHL sooner (at least at this point) and game experience. Kreider though has better long term upside. One could legitimately vote for either but I prefer Kreider right now over Grachev as well.

I also prefer McDonagh over Sanguinetti. I think we need a McDonagh type of big, fast and physical defenseman more than we need another pwp pointman offensive minded player. There's some question to me whether or not Sanguinetti is kind of redundant as far as our prospect pool with MDZ, Gilroy, Heikkinen also being young puck movers.

eco's bones is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

Grachev, add Werek.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 01:04 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
The way I see it Grachev going into camp was on the fast track to the NHL with an outside shot of making the team out of camp and if not at least getting a few games in the NHL. That does not seem likely now. What seems likely is that he'll need another season in Hartford. Power forwards need time to develop. Stepan if he turns pro might beat Grachev to the NHL. From the WJC he's a heads up player--seems to sneak up on you and find a way. Anyway that's part of why I voted this time for Derek. Looking at Grachev vs. Kreider. Grachev has a game experience advantage for sure. His weakness seems to be his skating--not so much speed but agility. Both Kreider and Grachev are big, fast players but Kreider is the better overall skater, seems to have more of a physical game and is quicker off the start and more agile. In my eyes Grachev is ahead of him as far as arriving in the NHL sooner (at least at this point) and game experience. Kreider though has better long term upside. One could legitimately vote for either but I prefer Kreider right now over Grachev as well.

I also prefer McDonagh over Sanguinetti. I think we need a McDonagh type of big, fast and physical defenseman more than we need another pwp pointman offensive minded player. There's some question to me whether or not Sanguinetti is kind of redundant as far as our prospect pool with MDZ, Gilroy, Heikkinen also being young puck movers.
I'll give you that Kreider is a better skater given the fact that he was pretty much the consensus best skater in the draft last year, but how can you say that he seems to be more physical than Grachev given the different level of competition that they're facing.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

With Grachev, Kreider, Bourque, Weise and Byers, our left wing certainly looks strong going forward. We should have an all-system left side in 5 years. And a very strong one too.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 01:42 PM
bumrusherer

Stepan...we could really do with a quality Center and from what the ''experts'' are saying, he could be that guy.

bumrusherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 02:47 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
With Grachev, Kreider, Bourque, Weise and Byers, our left wing certainly looks strong going forward. We should have an all-system left side in 5 years. And a very strong one too.
I'm pretty sure Wiese plays RW. And, I wouldn't be surprised to see Werek move to LW in the pros.

Old
01-08-2010, 03:12 PM
Ranger Angst

Stepan demonstrated leadership & talent = something the Rangers can use.
Add Werek.

Ranger Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 03:14 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Werek move to LW in the pros.
Why? Why LW and not RW or stay at center (other than our logjam)? Has he played LW anywhere?

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 03:21 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
Why? Why LW and not RW or stay at center (other than our logjam)? Has he played LW anywhere?
Because he's a left-handed shot with size who's drawn comparisons to Adam Graves. As someone else pointed out in one of threads, many wings in the pros are players who were centers in juniors.

Old
01-08-2010, 03:49 PM
N9Y4R
Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I'm pretty sure Wiese plays RW. And, I wouldn't be surprised to see Werek move to LW in the pros.
I see Werek as a LW at the pro level also.

N9Y4R is online now   Reply With Quote