HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NJD and ANA

Old
01-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Rolston has an NTC. And I guarantee you he won't waive it to go to Anaheim. They probably wouldn't want him either.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 11:49 AM
sveiglar

I think the Ducks and Devils are ideal trade partners this year... Marty is playing some of the best hockey of his life and Lou won't want to pass on opportunity to complement one of the best Devils teams in the past few seasons. I was hoping they were going to get Koivu in the summer so he'd be someone I think would fit very well, and Niedermayer's history with the team is obvious.

If he can get this done and keep Josefson, Tedenby, and Cormier, I'd be very happy. And even if one of them goes, I'll swallow hard and still enjoy the Cup chase... which is something that if realistic, you go for. And this year it is.

sveiglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 11:57 AM
TaiMaiShu
back to square one

vCash: 50
A proposal with maybe 3 posts from non-devils fans. How about you wait for some input before you all jump in the thread?

TaiMaiShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

I personally feel it would be a mistake to trade Halischcuk, not that he's a blue-chip prospect or anything, but I think he will turn out to be a smart soild all-around player with big game potential.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:11 PM
NJDEVIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
I personally feel it would be a mistake to trade Halischcuk, not that he's a blue-chip prospect or anything, but I think he will turn out to be a smart soild all-around player with big game potential.
I honestly think hes another pando nothing more

NJDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:18 PM
LostMyGlasses*

I don't think the Ducks will accept this deal. They could likely get more for Niedermayer alone, especially if he has a good Olympics.

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 12:27 PM
devs4L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
I'm a fan of Halischuk as well but as part of a deal for 2 players like Koivu and Niedermeyer I'd be willing to part ways, especially if we were keeping Zharkov who has come up and played better. At the end of the day the Stanley Cup has far greater value than Halischuk. Sure, Niedermeyer and Koivu don't absolutely gaurantee a stanley cup, but nothing is certain about the career Halischuk will have either. But as I said, adding Koivu and Niedermeyer to this team gives us as a good a chance as we will ever have to win the Stanley Cup.

I think the trade I posted on the last page is fair for both sides. Maybe some very minor tweaking. But, I think that's about right.

devs4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 01:13 PM
RogueStatus
Devils-Redhawks

I would take any of these proposals in a heartbeat. I would be willing to throw in one of Josefson or Tedenby to get both Saku and Scotty Nieds at the deadline. It would give us an even more realistic chance at the cup than we already have. Who knows what prospects will turn into, and you just cant shy away from very real chances to win the Cup. The cup is far more important than any one propect.

RogueStatus is offline   Reply With Quote