HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Adam Henrique

Old
12-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Rangerfan1135

vCash: 500
Adam Henrique

Anyone know anything about him and how hell turn out?

Rangerfan1135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Hes 3rd in the OHL in Points with 54. He centers a line Taylor Hall. Hes a good sized Left shot Center. Hes 19 has great potential

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2009, 09:51 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
He's done very well in Windsor, and has proved that he can put up points when played with top talent. He's a centre right now, but I have a feeling the Devils might convert him into a winger. My guess is he'll be a third liner with second line potential.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 02:52 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
He's done very well in Windsor, and has proved that he can put up points when played with top talent. He's a centre right now, but I have a feeling the Devils might convert him into a winger. My guess is he'll be a third liner with second line potential.
His faceoff abilities may be his biggest strength. NJ will try to develop him into a 2nd line scoring center. He has a nice shot and plays a solid two way game. His skating will need a little work for his size.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:00 AM
RangerRed

Matt Stajan, Part II. And this is not intended as an insult.

RangerRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 03:19 AM
KL*

Dirty player. Constantly chirping. When the ref isn't looking, he's laying his stick into someone. Hits after the whistle. Always giving someone a punch or a facewash.

Couple that with his offensive skill (that may or may not translate to the NHL) and his faceoff ability and he's going to be a really good 3rd line center with the ability to play a 2nd line role in a pinch. Defense is average to above average, but expect that to improve as he matures.

KL* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-04-2010, 08:07 PM
jughead42

Saying Henrique is a dirty player is not exactly right. He'll throw a facewash like anybody else during a scrum, and that happens a lot because he goes to the front of the net hard. That's not really dirty in my books, he's got 27 penalty minutes in 32 games and most of those are from playing hard not dirty. Never suspended, he's not careless with his stick, he doesn't run people from behind, I don't see how any of this makes him a dirty player.

Like others have said he'll probably be a 3rd line center. He wins lots of draws and is smart defensively, but has enough skill to put up some points with decent linemates.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:36 AM
KL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
Saying Henrique is a dirty player is not exactly right. He'll throw a facewash like anybody else during a scrum, and that happens a lot because he goes to the front of the net hard. That's not really dirty in my books, he's got 27 penalty minutes in 32 games and most of those are from playing hard not dirty. Never suspended, he's not careless with his stick, he doesn't run people from behind, I don't see how any of this makes him a dirty player.
I saw him play one night in particular where he either slashed or punched someone after the whistle every single time he was on the ice when the whistle was blown. Every. Single. Time.

I've seen him run people from behind on more than one occasion as well. He's definitely a dirty player. And I love that about him.

Old
01-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrip View Post
I saw him play one night in particular where he either slashed or punched someone after the whistle every single time he was on the ice when the whistle was blown. Every. Single. Time.

I've seen him run people from behind on more than one occasion as well. He's definitely a dirty player. And I love that about him.
Seriously? From watching him in the WJC's i thought his play was somewhat passive even so he played well, good to know that's not a worry.

01-05-2010, 11:53 PM
KL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
Seriously? From watching him in the WJC's i thought his play was somewhat passive even so he played well, good to know that's not a worry.
In fairness, I've only seen him play a couple times this season when he wasn't playing against London or Plymouth. That said, the kind of guy who shows up angry and plays dirty against a rival is showing exactly the kind of heart you're looking for in a player.

Old
01-06-2010, 12:09 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
His faceoff abilities may be his biggest strength. NJ will try to develop him into a 2nd line scoring center. He has a nice shot and plays a solid two way game. His skating will need a little work for his size.
You think that's what they have in mind? Hey if he's got the tools then why not?

Also interesting to hear in this thread that he has an edge to his game. Didn't know that about him but that's good to hear. I like that in a player as well.

He and Cormier will make the Devils a real pain to play against in the future.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 02:33 AM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Dangleaitis View Post
You think that's what they have in mind? Hey if he's got the tools then why not?

Also interesting to hear in this thread that he has an edge to his game. Didn't know that about him but that's good to hear. I like that in a player as well.

He and Cormier will make the Devils a real pain to play against in the future.
From what I seen, he has a quick release on his shot. There is no hesitation in him. If he adds a little more quickness in his step I don't see any reason why he can't be a 25 goal center on the second line.

I'm not judging him much by the WJC, he injured his shoulder before the tourney started and played through it. It wouldn't surprise me if he misses two weeks to rest it.

Last edited by Jason MacIsaac: 01-06-2010 at 02:45 AM.
Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTrip View Post
In fairness, I've only seen him play a couple times this season when he wasn't playing against London or Plymouth. That said, the kind of guy who shows up angry and plays dirty against a rival is showing exactly the kind of heart you're looking for in a player.
Ain't that the truth.

Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 12:16 AM
jughead42

I've seen Henrique play quite a bit, and I still say he isn't dirty. Gritty? Certainly. Chippy? Perhaps. Dirty? No way. To me a dirty player is a guy who'll try to hurt an opposing player and that isn't Henriques game at all. A little love tap on the back of the legs after the whistle or a face wash isn't really enough to be considered dirty.

jughead42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 02:08 AM
Darius Dangleaitis
Padowan Kovalchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
From what I seen, he has a quick release on his shot. There is no hesitation in him. If he adds a little more quickness in his step I don't see any reason why he can't be a 25 goal center on the second line.

I'm not judging him much by the WJC, he injured his shoulder before the tourney started and played through it. It wouldn't surprise me if he misses two weeks to rest it.
That sounds good to me. I mean, with 28 goals in 32 games, it would seem that he has more of a scoring instinct than say, Halischuk, who also put up some good numbers at the CHL level as a Devils prospect.

Definitely something to watch.

Darius Dangleaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 01:55 PM
pens4life

I played hockey with him throughout the minor hockey ranks and a close friend of his. He is an incredible at both offense and defence. I consider him being the next John Madden if not better. He is one of those types of players that you would want out for the last shift to preserve a one goal lead. He is great on faceoffs and is great on the PK. He will fit into the Devils line up quite nicely in the upcoming years.

pens4life is offline   Reply With Quote