HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prince Chad

Closed Thread

Old
01-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Emptyvoid

vCash: 500
It's thread like these that make me at many Ranger's fans.

Shield your eyes non delusional Ranger's fan......

Old
01-08-2010, 02:10 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Reading half of the responses in this thread makes me glad that Sather is the GM of the Rangers, and I'm just as anti-Sather as they come.

Johnson had one good start, at least I can rest easier when Lundqvist isn't in net. What about the period and a half against Philly though? He is human folks, and just because he had a good college career doesn't mean he'll be a bonafide NHL starter.

With all this being said, however, the Rangers should look to trade him for a high return to a team desperate for a starting goalie if Johnson plays like last night for most of his future starts.

I do like the Prince Chad nickname though

Old
01-08-2010, 02:23 PM
Levitate

Some of ya'll are dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by FATCHAMALA11 View Post
I'm not falling for Chad. This dude will pan out to be Mike Dunham. There are plenty of players who are good in the AHL and suck with the big club.
Mike Dunham was actually a really solid NHL goalie until the Rangers managed to ruin him by overplaying him into a groin injury that he somehow never seemed to recover from. Not fantastic, but he was a good player.

Old
01-08-2010, 02:23 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post

Reading half of the responses in this thread makes me glad that Sather is the GM of the Rangers, and I'm just as anti-Sather as they come.

Johnson had one good start, at least I can rest easier when Lundqvist isn't in net. What about the period and a half against Philly though? He is human folks, and just because he had a good college career doesn't mean he'll be a bonafide NHL starter.

With all this being said, however, the Rangers should look to trade him for a high return to a team desperate for a starting goalie if Johnson plays like last night for most of his future starts.

I do like the Prince Chad nickname though
Problem is he probably won't get more than 4-5 more starts the rest of the way. It's going to be almost impossible to build his value up unless Lundqvist gets hurt and Johnson plays well during that time.

Old
01-08-2010, 03:13 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yeah but saying that Del Z will take over for Redden someday is nowhere close to saying CJ will unseat our all-world goalie someday. See the difference?
No. I see similarities.

The guy played Varlamov like game. Very , very similar. Will I trade Lundqvist for Sam? Probably not, but I would give it a serious thought.

He was exciting to watch. If CJ continues to play just like last night he is in my book. What you're saying is he may not. MAY is the key here. I have no doubt that he CAN. That's the difference.

I MAY be wrong. Just wanted to be first.

Old
01-08-2010, 03:20 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
No. I see similarities.

The guy played Varlamov like game. Very , very similar. Will I trade Lundqvist for Sam? Probably not, but I would give it a serious thought.

He was exciting to watch. If CJ continues to play just like last night he is in my book. What you're saying is he may not. MAY is the key here. I have no doubt that he CAN. That's the difference.

I MAY be wrong. Just wanted to be first.
Yeah thats what I thought, everyone wants to be first.....

But you of all people, 2nd biggest Henrik hater, can't come on here and say this without everyone taking your opinion with huge grains of salt.

Old
01-08-2010, 03:23 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Eat Crow View Post

In one sentence you completely denied any importance of the game preparation. That's wrong.

The team was terrible in front of him last night, yet he made it interesting. When did Lundqvist do such a thing? I know when - 2005. At least he had something done in college, compare to obscure 6 rounder with some Extra Liga games Lundqvist came across.

Old
01-08-2010, 03:30 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Yeah thats what I thought, everyone wants to be first.....

But you of all people, 2nd biggest Henrik hater, can't come on here and say this without everyone taking your opinion with huge grains of salt.
I love Henrik. I don't do it all the time, though. Love the King now, when he is above .920.

Prince was .964 last night, BTW.

Old
01-08-2010, 03:40 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
I love Henrik. I don't do it all the time, though. Love the King now, when he is above .920.

Damn, Halak & Howard were even better, want to trade for them and dump Henrik?

Old
01-08-2010, 03:45 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
I wouldn't trade Hank for anyone, and it's got a lot to do with the fact that you don't just take every blockbuster deal at your door, even if at first glance it looks like it may be good for your team.

He's a major part of the franchise. You send a negative message to the team if you're trading away the face of your franchise.

Old
01-08-2010, 04:27 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:

I love your strategic use of stats to support the players you like and to trash the players you don't

I just don't get you, seriously. You constantly bash Hank and yet you have an avatar of freaking Higgins, a players that means absolutely zilch to this organization and has yet to do anything even remotely noteworthy for this team.

And who can forget about Zherdev, who according to you is the best player on the face of the earth.

I don't know if you're just really young and can't think clearly yet, whether or not you just like to piss people off because you have nothing better to do, or you are grown up and actually believe some of the crap you write.

Old
01-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Jim Morrison

lundqvist is a top3 goalie in the nhl

but chad johnson is northamerican

Old
01-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Nick00

Really?
We already have a very good, reliable #1 goaltender and he's not retiring any time soon.
I was getting more excited about the possibility of being able to trade Johnson in the future for some major pieces that we actually lack.

Old
01-08-2010, 04:55 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:

1 game sample size...

Old
01-08-2010, 05:00 PM
chosen

At least now that we have a "real" goalie, Redden and Drury will look better and the flowers will bloom early and the economic crisis will be over and 94Now will learn the game. Okay, maybe not the last one.

Old
01-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick00 View Post
Really?
We already have a very good, reliable #1 goaltender and he's not retiring any time soon.
I was getting more excited about the possibility of being able to trade Johnson in the future for some major pieces that we actually lack.
It's really hard to get value for a goalie who's not already starting. Anaheim couldn't trade Bryzgalov for anything, and that kid is great. Turco was traded for, I think, a third round pick, and went on to be a top NHL starter immediately.

Neil Smith tried again and again to trade VBK for decent value and failed.

For some reason, goalie value is really low.

Old
01-08-2010, 05:08 PM
darko

This thread is pure gold. Haven't had a look on main board but wouldnt be surprised at all if there was a thread making fun of Rangers fans and this thread. If not, give it time, before this night is done it will happen.

(x3)

Old
01-08-2010, 05:16 PM
D713B

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yup, I'm pretty confident--based off his decent-to-good college career and 22 AHL games--that Chad Johnson will become an elite NHL goalie. Absolutely.
You broke my sarcasm detector...

Old
01-08-2010, 05:20 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Some of ya'll are dumb

Mike Dunham was actually a really solid NHL goalie until the Rangers managed to ruin him by overplaying him into a groin injury that he somehow never seemed to recover from. Not fantastic, but he was a good player.
Absolutely right. I'd be very happy if the Chad ends up being as good as Dunham, considering the Rangers only gave up a 5th-round pick for him. I wouldn't even predict he'll be that good at this point, though.

Old
01-08-2010, 05:20 PM
NYRangers84
President's Trophy

Why the hell do so many people on here get so touchy when the subject of Hank being "replaced" is mentioned? I can understand you saying it's too early to think those things and let's see more games for Johnson before we make assumptions but to say it's impossible and get really defensive about it is kind of wrong.. are you more of a Lundqvist fan or a Ranger fan? I like Lundqvist too don't get me wrong but I am a Ranger fan first..

Old
01-08-2010, 05:21 PM
Jim Morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers84 View Post
Why the hell do so many people on here get so touchy when the subject of Hank being "replaced" is mentioned? I can understand you saying it's too early to think those things and let's see more games for Johnson before we make assumptions but to say it's impossible and get really defensive is kind of ridiculous.. are you more of a Lundqvist fan or a Ranger fan? I like Lundqvist too don't get me wrong but I am a Ranger fan first..
why are you so eager to replace lundqvist? he should have 10 years left in him

Old
01-08-2010, 05:24 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Why the hell do so many people on here get so touchy when the subject of Hank being "replaced" is mentioned? I can understand you saying it's too early to think those things and let's see more games for Johnson before we make assumptions but to say it's impossible and get really defensive about it is kind of wrong.. are you more of a Lundqvist fan or a Ranger fan? I like Lundqvist too don't get me wrong but I am a Ranger fan first..
I think most people are annoyed because it's even more egregious than saying that we can now get rid of Gaborik because Enver Lisin scored last night.

Last edited by 007: 01-08-2010 at 05:34 PM.
Old
01-08-2010, 05:25 PM
darko

Quote:

Because people are replacing a 27 year old guy with 161 career wins and .917 SV% with a guy who just made his 1st NHL start.

Old
01-08-2010, 05:26 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
I think most people are annoyed because its even more aggregious than saying that we can now get rid of Gaborik because Enver Lisin scored last night.
Well said.

01-08-2010, 05:37 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
why are you so eager to replace lundqvist? he should have 10 years left in him
Exactly... this isn't like the Minnesota Wild a few years ago where Backstrom is pushing a 32-year-old Fernandez out the door.

Will Chad Johnson be a 3-time Vezina nominee and accomplish what Lundqvist has so far in this league? Maybe, but he probably won't get a chance to do that with the Rangers.

Lundqvist is our STARTER. He's not going to be a tandem goalie like Thomas and Rask in Boston.

It's fine that some are enthusiastic about Johnson, but the lack of loyalty for Lundqvist, an integral part and perhaps the most important player on our team, is astounding. It's not even the usual Lundqvist haters that are the problem, it's the fans who are licking their chops at the prospect of trading Lundqvist to see what type of return he could bring.

Closed Thread