HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kings lose one vz the flamin' hubcaps >.<!

Old
01-08-2010, 01:15 PM
DIEHARD the King fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... just FYI, I'm well aware of what constitutes a shot on goal.

I'm saying that whoever was totaling the shots on goal was over-zealous.
We had about 14 or 15 on that one PP in the second, half of them right into Howard's stacked pads.

If I were TM they'd be practicing top shelf shots on rebounds from the shooter-tutor today.

DIEHARD the King fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 01:19 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
Howard stole that game. Plain and simple.

I counted 4 or 5 goals that should have gone in.. Oh well, You win some, you lose some. The Wings have our number..on to the next game.
Exactly!

No need to point fingers here. These things happens to all the teams and yes, wings have always had our number regardless.

I don't know if we play again in detroit this year but if we do, I'll put the house on the kings to come away with a lopsided win there.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 01:20 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIEHARD the King fan View Post
We had about 14 or 15 on that one PP in the second, half of them right into Howard's stacked pads.

If I were TM they'd be practicing top shelf shots on rebounds from the shooter-tutor today.
part of what happens when you overload with "grease" types.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 02:39 PM
no name

Let's hope our boys learn from this lesson.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
Exactly!

No need to point fingers here. These things happens to all the teams and yes, wings have always had our number regardless.

I don't know if we play again in detroit this year but if we do, I'll put the house on the kings to come away with a lopsided win there.
Even though you agreed with me....I am going to point the finger at you.

Bad Will Hunting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 04:03 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... If you thought that game was boring for 50 minutes, I don't think hockey is your thing. Might want to try another sport?
I saw a lot of shots but not a lot of effort to finish. Were they a little less lethargic that game would have been something like 4-1. And the theme of the game seemed to be dump and chase. At least they were stronger on the puck than usual when they got it into the zone.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 04:22 PM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

Frozen Royalty Audio And NHL Video: Jimmy Howard, Red Wings Steal Win From LA Kings

Frozen Royalty Audio And NHL Video: Jimmy Howard, Red Wings Steal Win From LA Kings

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 04:25 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
I saw a lot of shots but not a lot of effort to finish. Were they a little less lethargic that game would have been something like 4-1. And the theme of the game seemed to be dump and chase. At least they were stronger on the puck than usual when they got it into the zone.
I didn't see any lethargy at all. Now if you want to say there was a lack of finish, fine, but the Kings were not lethargic last night. They dominated almost the entire game territorially and took it to the Red Wings.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Pucknut50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
why did O'donnell let Helm get back on his feet and beat him to the net? i know it was somewhat of a "weak" goal but c'mon! and why the hell did they tone down their intensity? 52 shots and didn't get a single CHANCE to get another shot on goal after the PP goal.....
Reason is they fought so hard and long to get the tying goal you don't want to get to aggrerssive and give up a go ahead goal that late in the game. But because of a fluke go everyone here is frustrated. You have to look at the bigger picture and that is the Kings can play with anyone and you could not say that for many years. So yes its a tough loss but were building a solid team now and in the future.

Pucknut50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 05:00 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
That's weak smack! I much more enjoyed razzing all the guys I was sitting with about the decrepit state their hometown is in and what kind of loyalty do they show by getting up and leaving for greener (warmer) pastures. That and the fact that they can move back, buy a house in detroit for about $7,000.00, not have to deal with LA traffic anymore and root for "THEIR" team 41 times a year instead of just four!
They didn't appreciate it much when after our first abysmal power play I yelled "Come on Kings, that PP was weaker than Detroit's economy!".

My favorite moment however was when the Wings fan in front of me yelled "Let's go Bert, end someone's career!" And I responded "He already did, HIS OWN!" That was the only thing I could say that the Wings fan just had to turn around and shake my hand because he had nothing to say.

The Wings fans actually weren't so bad. The guys in front of us were intense but jolly, and there was a lot of heated but playful heckling going back and forth.

The ***** who laughed right in my face though while going down the escalator was a different story, and I gave her an earful that would have gotten me thrown out had I not already been on the way out.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 05:29 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
They didn't appreciate it much when after our first abysmal power play I yelled "Come on Kings, that PP was weaker than Detroit's economy!".

My favorite moment however was when the Wings fan in front of me yelled "Let's go Bert, end someone's career!" And I responded "He already did, HIS OWN!" That was the only thing I could say that the Wings fan just had to turn around and shake my hand because he had nothing to say.

The Wings fans actually weren't so bad. The guys in front of us were intense but jolly, and there was a lot of heated but playful heckling going back and forth.

The ***** who laughed right in my face though while going down the escalator was a different story, and I gave her an earful that would have gotten me thrown out had I not already been on the way out.
You're a better man than I. I almost ended a five year relationship with my Detroit-born girlfriend after last night's game.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 05:33 PM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post

If Quick just stands there on the post with his pads stacked and stick on the ice, the shot does nothing. But by going down to his knees, he opened up a gap in his pads, and we know what happened.
If he did that, you be be complaining the 9 times out of ten that someone just moves the puck around him and into the gaping far side of the net. Quick did exactly what he was supposed to do, these things just happen, flukey goals are scored, hell the kings goal was a flukey 1 with browns fan going straight to smyth

Muzzinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 05:40 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegwillnotwinthecup View Post
You're a better man than I. I almost ended a five year relationship with my Detroit-born girlfriend after last night's game.
Don't be so sure. We realized this morning that had the Kings won I wouldn't have come home in such a foul mood and my girlfriend and I wouldn't have gotten in a huge fight.

Its funny now...

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 05:44 PM
Bad Will Hunting
It's my fault

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post

Bad Will Hunting is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
If he did that, you be be complaining the 9 times out of ten that someone just moves the puck around him and into the gaping far side of the net. Quick did exactly what he was supposed to do, these things just happen, flukey goals are scored, hell the kings goal was a flukey 1 with browns fan going straight to smyth
I don't think so. Helm was going down and a Kings player was coming down from the slot, so I don't think there was any way he had a chance of bringing the puck to the front of the net.

I'll have to YT it later to see... maybe not, I don't know if I can watch it again.

either way, it was no where near being a highlite goal and it was a tough way to lose a very hard fought game.

The Smyth goal a fluke? You mean by the puck floating in the air past a D and Howard, and then Smyth swatting it of mid air? I don't think I'd call that a fluke. But Howard got saved several times by flukes (Kings not finishing, pucks hitting skates and bodies or just wide shots) - if there was any team that was due to score several times due to effort, it was the Kings.

Oh well, after all that effort, they'll probably lay an egg vs the Blues and lose 5-1.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 06:26 PM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

Quote:
IT WAS NOT A SHOT!!!

I was sitting in 108 row 10 (right on the Kings goal line --perfect view) and Helm lost the puck off his stick in beginning his toe drag to go wide acros the goal mouth. The puck rolled at half-speed and snuck tweeners on Quick as he went to push off to cover Helm's move toward the middle of the net.

Flukey goal. But one that gets hung on Mr. O'Donnell's shoulders as he got beat, BADLY, and it was his responsibility not to let his man deke and step around him, bringing the puck all the way from the corner to the front of the net.

You can't win them all, but this is one we should have had as there is no excuse for allowing goals with 0.2 and 17 seconds left in any period. LATE GOALS KILL A HOCKEY TEAM EVERYTIME!

Actually that is exactly what Helm tried to do. Again, the puck rolled off Helm's stick as he made his move to the front of the net.
It's nice to lay it all on O'Donnell, but Quick should have had that.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:01 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I didn't see any lethargy at all. Now if you want to say there was a lack of finish, fine, but the Kings were not lethargic last night. They dominated almost the entire game territorially and took it to the Red Wings.
I'd say that was mostly because the Wings were that much worse. So comparatively, yeah you're right.

DapperDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:56 PM
hauspaint
what? Kings WON?!

I didn't want to bump a old thread so I'm just gonna post them here.. I made two more avatars if anybody want them...

Attachment 37338
Attachment 37337

guess you have to click on the first one to view it...hmmm

Last edited by hauspaint: 06-28-2010 at 05:09 PM.
hauspaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 01:13 AM
Zad
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauspaint View Post
I didn't want to bump a old thread so I'm just gonna post them here.. I made two more avatars if anybody want them...

Attachment 37338
Attachment 37337

guess you have to click on the first one to view it...hmmm
The second one would be PERFECT with a **** YEAH and in the size of 150 x 150.

Can you add that to the second?

Please, please please!!??

EDIT: I cannot get it to work as an avatar.

Last edited by Zad: 01-09-2010 at 01:33 AM.
Zad is offline   Reply With Quote