HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Andrei Kostitsyn had ligament surgery(Out 6 weeks)Miss Olympics

Old
01-08-2010, 05:58 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
get sergei playing with PLEKS FINALY , and youll see him do waaaay better, he gets pleks as a center AND a sniper in cammy and we all know how amazing sergei can pass, this would be the best thing that could happen for him, and for the habs (ill get to it), he just COULDNT play with a player like gomez and whoever else they were putting on that line every game

While Andrei was starting to play amazing, because of this it seemed cammy's goal scoring started to subside as he started to try to get the puck to andrei more

why i think sergei will make this line RLy good is sergei is way more of a passer then andrei (and dagostini for crissake), and i see sergei feeding cammy alot better then andrei could and feeding pleks too for that matter, while andrei is more of a sniper type of player even tho he still can deliver one hell of a pass

but, it sucks for us bigtime, andrei can be our most dynamic player some games, the whole sergei experiment is just hypothetical for now, but i think itll pan out for us bigtime, it just "fits"

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 06:05 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlterIgnis View Post
According to Russian journalist Genadi Boguslavski, Andrei Kostitsyn is out for 6 weeks

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 06:07 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
get sergei playing with PLEKS FINALY , and youll see him do waaaay better, he gets pleks as a center AND a sniper in cammy and we all know how amazing sergei can pass, this would be the best thing that could happen for him, and for the habs (ill get to it), he just COULDNT play with a player like gomez and whoever else they were putting on that line every game

While Andrei was starting to play amazing, because of this it seemed cammy's goal scoring started to subside as he started to try to get the puck to andrei more

why i think sergei will make this line RLy good is sergei is way more of a passer then andrei (and dagostini for crissake), and i see sergei feeding cammy alot better then andrei could and feeding pleks too for that matter, while andrei is more of a sniper type of player even tho he still can deliver one hell of a pass

but, it sucks for us bigtime, andrei can be our most dynamic player some games, the whole sergei experiment is just hypothetical for now, but i think itll pan out for us bigtime, it just "fits"
I'm willing to give this 4-5 games, but I think ultimately the only answer is an outside trade, or suffer the consequences until Andrei is back.

JGRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 06:08 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Also confirmed by RDS and TSN. 6 weeks

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Plekanetzz

This is bad

Plekanetzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 06:11 PM
ToysInTheAttic

Quote:

I'm so hoping you are right. This could very well be the defining moment in this kids career. Rooting for him 100%.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 06:33 PM
habspinner

Quote:

The problem is that Sergei is injured as well. He has an ankle injury which I believe he's been playing with since he was checked oddly in the anniversary game and twisted his ankle. If it's a high ankle sprain then it's going to dog him for a while if he doesn't take care of it fine. It would be nice as a fan to know what his injury is, but I do understand the NHL's policy regarding releasing this kind of information.

I worry about this injury, but if we were able to survive Markov and Gionta, then I think/hope we can tough this out. But as another poster said, Akost brought a dimension to that top 6 that no other player does, and that is to play physical, and basically be a force to the net. He opened up a ton of space for Cammy and Pleks, a ton. As much as I love Sergei, and have high hopes for the kid, that is not something that Sergei will be able to do.

The biggest thing that we need to be concerned about though is if Sergei is anywhere close to being healthy.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 06:50 PM
sampollock

time for bob to find that 6th forward

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 06:51 PM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysInTheAttic View Post
Also confirmed by RDS and TSN. 6 weeks
remember markov came back early,

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 06:54 PM
smiler2729

Oh well, that's hockey... that's life.

Just plug some other guy in there (Sergei?) and hope for the best.

This "woe is me" fatalistic attitude of some is pretty annoying.

smiler2729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
Damn. Horrible news. If Sergei comes back he could be a solution although he's not a goalscorer and when he was put with Cammy & Pleks earlier he wasn't great. He had good chemistry with Gomez though and he might click with Gionta too. Also, I think Cammy and Pleks need some size on their wing, so I'd try Pouliot with them.

Cammy-Pleks-Pouliot
SK-Gomez-Gionta

I just don't see either Patches or D'ags as long term solutions.
You don't break up a good thing in Gomez Gionta and Pouliot. Although D'Agostini wasn't great last night I thought he played okay and given time he could prove to be a a very good find.

D'Agostini has decent speed good size and a great shot. Given time on the first line and confidence he'll be a very nice surprise.

He's one of those guys that has to play top two line minutes to be effective. He's a goal scorer mark my words. If he's given a fair shake like Pouliot is getting at the moment I'm positive he'll be effective.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:07 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Seriously can't believe some of you are ready to give away assets to find a temporary fix for the top 6. I'm not on the tank-wagon, but I think it's pretty much written in the stars that the hockey gods don't want the habs to win anything this season. Giving away assets to squeeze into an 8th or 7th seed would be stupid.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Rds say 4 to 6 week now
maybe he can be back sooner like Markov did?

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Ross MacLochness

Oh for **** sakes.

I also hate that they kept saying "not serious" and "day to day".

Ross MacLochness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:26 PM
linp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post

D'Agostini has decent speed good size and a great shot. Given time on the first line and confidence he'll be a very nice surprise.
I don't agree that he has good size. He doesn't seem to see the hit coming. He got rocked yesterday again. Hard for him to gain confidence if he is still concussed.

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:26 PM
ReVeuF

so many injuries...

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by linp View Post
I don't agree that he has good size. He doesn't seem to see the hit coming. He got rocked yesterday again. Hard for him to gain confidence if he is still concussed.
Matt D'Agostini Height 6.00 Weight 201
Andrei Kostitsyn Height 6.00 -- Weight 205

D'Agostini is the same size as Kostitsyn. As for the hit last night he sacraficed himself in the defensive zone to make the play. He happened to have been hit from behind along the boards while the defenceman crepted up to lay a hit at the same time.

Give him time........He may not be as agood as Andrei Kostitsyn but given a chance he may be a pleasent suprise. I remeber watching him play in the AHL and when he first was called up. He played with confidence and made his way to the net.

This kid is a shooter and has the skills!

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:34 PM
SooperSingh

I know it's cool to hate on D'ago these days but I think D'ago deserves a shot with pleks and cammy, he seemed to get better as the game went on last night. He looked confident carrying the puck a few times, made a mistake where i think he could've shot earlier but ended up fanning on it. I think he just needs to feel secure that if he doesn't help out offensively, he's going back to the fourth line.

Giving him a chance with those two could help his confidence, but i'm not opposed to sergei with pleks and cammy either, i think that could work out as well.

SooperSingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:

D'Agostini is the same size as Kostitsyn. As for the hit last night he sacraficed himself in the defensive zone to make the play. He happened to have been hit from behind along the boards while the defenceman crepted up to lay a hit at the same time.
I guarantee you Akost is closer to 220lbs these days.

Old
01-08-2010, 07:39 PM
habspinner

Quote:

Give him time........He may not be as agood as Andrei Kostitsyn but given a chance he may be a pleasent suprise. I remeber watching him play in the AHL and when he first was called up. He played with confidence and made his way to the net.

This kid is a shooter and has the skills!
The problem with continuing in the NHL is to adapt. With the advent of video coaching, teams can review a players tendencies over, and over and figure out what works for which team, and which player. Teams adapt to a players moves et al. It is then that the offensive player needs to learn how to adapt himself. Matt D'Agostini has not done this as of yet, he may yet, but we have not seen it, nor have the coaches.

Also D'Ags plays with nowhere near the size that Akost does when he is on his game.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:43 PM
linp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross MacLochness View Post
I guarantee you Akost is closer to 220lbs these days.
The official number from the Canadien site:
AK: 214 lbs
D'ag: 198 lbs

linp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:47 PM
Habs 1909

Time to put the Cammy-Gomez-Gionta line together!!

Habs 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:48 PM
CPrice

Quote:
Not to mention some guys are just more solid on their feet. AK is one of them.

CPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Ross MacLochness

Quote:
I'm just guessing but I think he's more than that these days. Those are training camp numbers, and I think Sergei is listed at 210. Andrei looks way thicker on the ice compared to Sergei.

Old
01-08-2010, 08:13 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealistic View Post
I will pray that he comes back for next Thursday against Dallas, because I should be in the desjardins sections, hopefully watching him just like this.

Who is that handsome young African-American man??

loudi94 is offline   Reply With Quote