HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#43: Flyers @ Penguins - January 7, 2010

Old
01-08-2010, 04:18 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackWithaVengeance View Post
Coburn really needs to get his head out of his ...!

However, this makes negotiations with his manager for a new contract much easier.

Question: Is it worth it?
You do know what gonna happen, right? Coburn will want more money than the Flyers are willing to pay. He signs elsewhere and tears it up. Its just common Flyers history.

Either that or we sign him and he sucks more than he does now.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 04:35 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by PycckuuRocket10 View Post
You do know what gonna happen, right? Coburn will want more money than the Flyers are willing to pay. He signs elsewhere and tears it up. Its just common Flyers history.

The Philadelphia Flyers - Always a Lose-Lose Situation

Trade Coburn for a 1st round draft pick and draft someone = win-win

IrishSniper87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 04:41 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post

With this year's draft class that is not a great idea. There aren't too many players that will be playing in the NHL from this year's class next season. However, that would be a good cap dump to give us a little wiggle room at the deadline.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 04:42 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

No one will trade a 1st for Coburn until at least the draft and someone is desperate like Columbus was.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 04:47 PM
ShawnTHW
@ShawnTHW

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSniper87 View Post

Alright, well if any team is STUPID enough to trade a 1st for Coburn I am hopping on that bandwagon. And I hope to God that Homer decides to pick Campbell with that first so we can FINALLY have a POSSIBLE but CAPABLE number 1 goalie for years.

ShawnTHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Alright, well if any team is STUPID enough to trade a 1st for Coburn I am hopping on that bandwagon. And I hope to God that Homer decides to pick Campbell with that first so we can FINALLY have a POSSIBLE but CAPABLE number 1 goalie for years.
He's starting Saturday. He's not Luongo, but I think "capable #1 goalie" are the words I would use to describe Emery.

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 05:17 PM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
With this year's draft class that is not a great idea. There aren't too many players that will be playing in the NHL from this year's class next season. However, that would be a good cap dump to give us a little wiggle room at the deadline.
Yeah, but at the very least, the Flyers add a very good prospect back to the pool. Besides, if Coburn's gone, it means that Marshall moves up to take his place.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 05:24 PM
BerubeBox*

Just for clarity's sake, that isn't the site that archives all the games. I'm not sure but going by what other people have said, I think that's streamtorrents or nhlstreams or something like that. I think it's the one you have to pay for.

nhltorrents will have most of the games but since it's like any torrent site, users upload whichever games they want. A lot of them will go up but not all, and eventually the torrents will die as people stop seeding. We're lucky there's a guy there who seems to upload every Flyers game AND it's always the comcast feed.

Just saying so you don't expect to go look up any NHL game from the season and find it...it's not an archive.

BerubeBox* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 05:40 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

Quote:
You really think the Flyers are going to spend a 1st round pick on a goaltender?

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 05:42 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerubeBox View Post
Just for clarity's sake, that isn't the site that archives all the games. I'm not sure but going by what other people have said, I think that's streamtorrents or nhlstreams or something like that. I think it's the one you have to pay for.

nhltorrents will have most of the games but since it's like any torrent site, users upload whichever games they want. A lot of them will go up but not all, and eventually the torrents will die as people stop seeding. We're lucky there's a guy there who seems to upload every Flyers game AND it's always the comcast feed.

Just saying so you don't expect to go look up any NHL game from the season and find it...it's not an archive.
Hockeystreams.com archives all the games; it's US$50 for 6 months. The archives are great, but trying to watch a game live is torture due to constant buffering/freezing issues (I joined up for the first time this season).

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 06:07 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
You really think the Flyers are going to spend a 1st round pick on a goaltender?
That is against organization policy. They go for the sure thing, which is a forward of defender with skill and potential, even if they are not well known.

Old
01-08-2010, 06:47 PM
thedjpd

Quote:

I was just looking over the stats and I noticed something. I remember a few weeks ago an article emerged on the largely negative +/- of Kimmo and Coburn, and how they were struggling. I remember Kimmo as a -9 and Cobrun as a -10 or something, and Bartulis was around 0.

Well, looking just at the stats, over the last few weeks when the Kimmo/Coby pair was broken up, Kimmo has jumped and is a +2 right now. Coburn is at a -9, and Bartulis has plummeted to a -12.

I'm not sure if that's a coincidence, but it's a little terrifying. I don't think Coburn should be playing - he should be our #7. When healthy:

Carle, Pronger
Kimmo, Parent
Bartulis, Syvret, OKT (any of them)
Coburn

Honestly, I know Bartulis is a rookie, but I'd like to see him with Kimmo. He's solid defensively and smart, maybe he can let Kimmo play his game more. Coburn has a ton of physical talent, but I just don't think he's that smart. I was confident that Carle would pull out of his slump because he has a quick-thinking, high level of hockey IQ. Coburn has more physical ability, but just not the brains it seems. I'm not confident he can pull out of this. I think he'll always have flashes of brilliances followed by long droughts of below average play.

For the record, as a semi-Thrashers fan, this is the same Coburn the Thrashers traded 4 years ago. He hasn't developed a bit, save for half a season. It's the exact same player, which is another scary thought.

Last edited by thedjpd: 01-08-2010 at 06:52 PM.
thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd View Post
I was just looking over the stats and I noticed something. I remember a few weeks ago an article emerged on the largely negative +/- of Kimmo and Coburn, and how they were struggling. I remember Kimmo as a -9 and Cobrun as a -10 or something, and Bartulis was around 0.

Well, looking just at the stats, over the last few weeks when the Kimmo/Coby pair was broken up, Kimmo has jumped and is a +2 right now. Coburn is at a -9, and Bartulis has plummeted to a -12.

I'm not sure if that's a coincidence, but it's a little terrifying. I don't think Coburn should be playing - he should be our #7. When healthy:

Carle, Pronger
Kimmo, Parent
Bartulis, Syvret, OKT (any of them)
Coburn

Honestly, I know Bartulis is a rookie, but I'd like to see him with Kimmo. He's solid defensively and smart, maybe he can let Kimmo play his game more. Coburn has a ton of physical talent, but I just don't think he's that smart. I was confident that Carle would pull out of his slump because he has a quick-thinking, high level of hockey IQ. Coburn has more physical ability, but just not the brains it seems. I'm not confident he can pull out of this. I think he'll always have flashes of brilliances followed by long droughts of below average play.

For the record, as a semi-Thrashers fan, this is the same Coburn the Thrashers traded 4 years ago. He hasn't developed a bit, save for half a season. It's the exact same player, which is another scary thought.
Very, very well said and I completely agree.

Syvret, Bartulis, and Parent are all interchangeable in those lines that you posted though.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:37 PM
mercury

Here we go again!

mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:39 PM
ChumpyG
Jibbity jibbity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury View Post
Here we go again!

Am I the only one who gets a little creeped out at the point in that gif where it looks like NPH is thrusting his junk into Elmo?

ChumpyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 07:45 PM
RIPRichardsCarter

I can't start the download for the http://nhltorrents.co.uk/ torrent for some reason. I use bittorrent pretty often with no issues, but when I try to download the Flyers game it says NO FLYERS FOR YOU.

RIPRichardsCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 08:23 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
Am I the only one who gets a little creeped out at the point in that gif where it looks like NPH is thrusting his junk into Elmo?
It's not so creepy until you remember that Elmo is supposed to be 3 1/2 years old.

Old
01-08-2010, 08:57 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
It's not so creepy until you remember that Elmo is supposed to be 3 1/2 years old.
I didn't know that.

If we give up Coburn, who do we bring in? Syvret? Does anyone have any opinions on Kevin Marshall? I would be happy for Syvret if he made it, I hope he becomes an NHL regular.

Last edited by ilovetheflyers8: 01-08-2010 at 09:08 PM.
ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 09:02 PM
mercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
I didn't know that. If we give up Coburn, who do we bring in? Syvret? Does anyone have any opinions on Kevin Marshall? I would be happy for Syvret if he made it, I hope he becomes an NHL regular eventually.
I have a 5-year-old niece. I know a lot about these characters.

As for Coburn, are we talking about letting him walk in RFA, or dealing him for some help?

Old
01-08-2010, 09:09 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
We definitely need to use JVR in the shootout

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 09:09 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChumpyG View Post
Dude, dont ruin the NPH/Elmo gif for me.

He is just having a good time with Elmo, it's legit.

Quote:
Ok, that's kinda weird. I could do with less thrusting.

Old
01-08-2010, 09:11 PM
ilovetheflyers8

Quote:
I have a 5-year-old niece. I know a lot about these characters.

As for Coburn, are we talking about letting him walk in RFA, or dealing him for some help?
Oh I didn't realize he's RFA, I was just thinking letting him walk, but since he's an RFA we should definitely try to get something for him. At the least maybe we could get a 2nd round pick for this year's draft? Is that reasonable? Maybe not...

ilovetheflyers8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 09:15 PM
HoverCarle*

Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*

HoverCarle* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 09:18 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheflyers8 View Post
Oh I didn't realize he's RFA, I was just thinking letting him walk, but since he's an RFA we should definitely try to get something for him. At the least maybe we could get a 2nd round pick for this year's draft? Is that reasonable? Maybe not...
I'd say a mid second to early third is what you could get for him, even if he keeps playing like he has.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-08-2010, 11:37 PM
IrishSniper87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
hahahaha achoo

EDIT: if you watch the whole thing, Elmo and Jack Black 2 pops up as a suggested video, and it's hilarious.

DISGUISE!