HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

O'Reily ^ Santorelli v

Old
01-09-2010, 01:48 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

vCash: 500
O'Reily ^ Santorelli v

Cal O'Reily has been called up and Mike Santorelli has been sent back down to the Admiral's. I think I like this move, what about you guys?
Posted via Mobile Device

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 09:55 AM
braindead

Fresh futility is always better than stale futility.

Ok, I like it. CalO' is a more complete player. Given that neither can seem to score at this level, take CalO'. Maybe at some point his brother's performance can give him confidence that he can play at this level? He can, I think, but he doesn't know it yet. He needs to find a way to get the Hornqvist swagger going. Even Jones seems to believe now.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:04 AM
darth5
No!

Unfortunately, I do not have much confidence that either of these guys is the answer long term. I think at this point they are just minor league material, barring some coaching up.

Neither has shown the ability to play at the big league level yet.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:26 AM
MemphisMTLfan

I've always like Cal, hopefully he'll get something done while up.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:28 AM
Webersmashpuck

Looks like O'Reilly will be up for the rest of the year. One more game played an he will have to go through waivers.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Looks like O'Reilly will be up for the rest of the year. One more game played an he will have to go through waivers.
No, he was recalled on an emergency basis. Therefore he will have to be sent back as we get healthy, but will not have to clear waivers.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:08 PM
Webersmashpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
No, he was recalled on an emergency basis. Therefore he will have to be sent back as we get healthy, but will not have to clear waivers.
Off the top of your head do you know if the emergency recall has any impact on Cal's waiver status like he may have to go through reentry waivers?

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:16 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Off the top of your head do you know if the emergency recall has any impact on Cal's waiver status like he may have to go through reentry waivers?
No, I don't know if these games played will count towards his 10 to make him waiver eligible again. I would hazard a guess that they do not, therefore the Preds retain that roster flexibility.

Switching Cal for Santorelli makes sense in that Cal has shown chemistry working with Sully in top line minutes before, whereas Mike simply hasn't shown the ability to play consistently at the NHL level as of yet. With Arnott possibly out tonight, having that depth is crucial...

Old
01-09-2010, 01:29 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
Cal O = Timo Shishkanov

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 03:08 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

This is a precautionary move against Arnott possibly missing tonight. I don't really care for O'Reilly as a player, but the move makes sense with his history with Sullivan (and Hörnqvist, to a lesser extent). Besides, he is the one center in Milwaukee I would trust as a fill in for any of our centers except Guite right now (Scatchard sucks and Wilson's disappearing act is ongoing).

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
This is a precautionary move against Arnott possibly missing tonight. I don't really care for O'Reilly as a player, but the move makes sense with his history with Sullivan (and Hörnqvist, to a lesser extent). Besides, he is the one center in Milwaukee I would trust as a fill in for any of our centers except Guite right now (Scatchard sucks and Wilson's disappearing act is ongoing).
I am guessing you missed the last few Ads games. Wilson is just getting stronger and stronger lately. He is "owning" the corners, making incredible vision passes and his groin issue must finally be better because he has man speed out there like we saw at the start of the year.
Scatchard has played consistently all season, in Milwaukee or Nash, just takes some stupid penalties.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 04:07 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
the last game Scatchard played here was brutal, but outside of that Ive really liked having him around

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 04:39 PM
Fortheloveofthegame

Did not see Scatchard last game, did not know it was brutal. For the most part, I think he has played quite consistent this year. I am not saying he is better than the other centers, but to say he sucks.....I disagree

Old
01-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
the last game Scatchard played here was brutal, but outside of that Ive really liked having him around
I agree, I liked Scatchard, most of the time.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:27 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
I thought he was okay the first few games, but he didn't really have any offensive skills and was only useful in a very limited role because he was a penalty magnet. He's a better player than Belak, but that doesn't really say much.

Wilson is going to have to start putting together a more consistent offensive profile before I'm convinced he's ready to start playing full-time at this level.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 11:07 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Well, looks like Scatchard is out for at least 4 weeks. He injured his knee in the first period of last nights game.
Guite has been sent back to Milwaukee which leaves 12 forwards on each team. Lots of injuries this year!

Old
01-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Seth Lake

With Arnott scheduled to return Monday and Cal taking part in the AHL All-Star festivities Monday and Tuesday, Cal was reassigned to the Admirals after last night's game.

Cal is in the lineup for the Ads tonight centering a line with Jessiman and Mark Santorelli. Thankfully, the Ads are in Manitoba playing the Moose again tonight, so...Cal had an easy trip to join the team, whereas the Preds arrived back in Nashville at 5 AM this morning...

The AHL All-Star Classic is scheduled for Portland, ME, so Cal will be flying cross-country tomorrow to arrive...