HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ryan White called up/ Laraque Injured

Old
01-09-2010, 11:12 AM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'm fine with White callup. But we need a backup plan if the D'Ago/MaxPac experiment doesn't work up front. So at one point, I would not have been against a guy called to start on the 4th line but to get some shifts on the Pleks line if needed. Would White be able to hold his own on that line for a short period of time? Would Trotter be more able to do it? Or like I suggested before, how about turning Maxwell into a winger and use him there until AKost comes back. Yes, we are not talking about a big punishing winger who'll win his battles along the board, but you need to work with what you have.

And frankly, out of the players we have, the only one who could hold his own offensive on a Pleks line, could be Maxwell. Unless, you want to give Darche a try....I know he's slow, still he's a sniper who could at least be tried 1 or 2 games.
I was thinking that White would probably be on the Cammarelli and Plekanec line, Patches back with Moen and Metro and D'Ago with Lappy and Bergeron.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:13 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Because he doesn't have a contract or because another team has his rights?

Next year, I'd burry BGL to the AHL and sign him instead to the league's minimum...
Because he doesn't have a contract, so no one owns his NHL rights.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:14 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
I was thinking that White would probably be on the Cammarelli and Plekanec line, Patches back with Moen and Metro and D'Ago with Lappy and Bergeron.
Fine with that. Pretty sure that's not how it's going to start, but we will not be surprised if we see White on the 1st after the 1st period.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Habs13

This is the best thing BGL has done for the Habs since he was signed. I'm glad White is back, I like how he plays... maybe now we'll have somebody that will stick up for team mates, unlike Moen, Laraque, Lapierre and everybody else with the exeption of maybe Mara.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:28 AM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Woulda actually prefered a more offensive player, but even then I'd give White a shot on the first line. He's right handed too and got a pretty good slapshot/one timer. That's actually one more then then Pac and D'ago showed on the first line and I absolutely love Pacioretty on a more checking line. Would just give White a shot over D'ago and see what happens.

Woulda still liked Trotter or Maxwell to have a shot too, but Maxwell may not be super confortable on the right side.

White deserves it tho.
I think Maxwell has the skillset to be a poor man's Andrei Kostitsyn. Play Maxwell on LW and just move Cammalleri to the RW.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:37 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Maybe he calls it quits?

Good call up,I really liked White's intensity out there when he was here earlier this season

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Dark4ng3l

He probably wrecked his back when he made his big hit. Thats why he has been playing so poorly. He's scared of hurting his back more.

Dark4ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
On White : Good call up. I really liked him when he was called up with Pyatt and actually slightly liked him more then Pyatt. He's got good grit to his game, can hit well and is decently fast as well. Honestly, you can't ask for more from a fourth liner then that.

On Laraque : Not hard to believe that it would be his back again, at least that's what I'm thinking. His game is simple, hit people, fight people and intimidate the opposition while protecting your players. If every hit you throw, every fight you get into and every game you play jeopardizes your career and your health for the future, it's time to hang them up.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

I think this is a bit of good timing. Lapierre seems ready to make a statement on that 4th line (not necessarily of the scoring kind, mind you), and now he has one more tool on his line to use.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:03 PM
habaholic

If Anaheim has a fire sale as it's been rumored, wonder what the price would be for George Parros or if he would even be available.

habaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:03 PM
BaseballCoach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
I think this is a bit of good timing. Lapierre seems ready to make a statement on that 4th line (not necessarily of the scoring kind, mind you), and now he has one more tool on his line to use.
I was thinking with Laraque out of the lineup, Lapierre has one LESS tool to carry.

BaseballCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I was thinking with Laraque out of the lineup, Lapierre has one LESS tool to carry.
Haha, well played.

Old
01-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Please retire Laraque and I'll stop hating on you.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

What the **** do they see in that White kid? Don't they ask Boucher before calling players up? Can't tell me that only White and Pyatt are deserving for christ' sake!

We have tried Moen, Pacioretty and D'Agostini with Plekanec and Cammy. Don't the Bulldogs have a right winger on their top offensive lines that we could try?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
That's one way of seeing it. The other way would be that with Laraque out of the line-up, Lapierre won't feel as brave...

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-10-2010 at 02:54 AM. Reason: Merge
Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterix View Post
What the **** do they see in that White kid? Don't they ask Boucher before calling players up? Can't tell me that only White and Pyatt are deserving for christ' sake!

We have tried Moen, Pacioretty and D'Agostini with Plekanec and Cammy. Don't the Bulldogs have a right winger on their top offensive lines that we could try?
Are you serious? White has been great for the habs. Good PK, Hits like a machine, a superb work ethic. Of all the callups he has been the one that looks most ready.

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedawg View Post
Are you serious? White has been great for the habs. Good PK, Hits like a machine, a superb work ethic. Of all the callups he has been the one that looks most ready.
It will be interesting to see where they intend to insert White in the end. If he is meant to play down on the 4th line, with someone else taking A.Kost's place, then it's the right move based on what we know and have seen so far.

If this call up is meant to fill in on the top 6, however, I tend to agree that there should be a better "offensive" option down in Hamilton. White is on a tear down there though, and maybe they see this as an opportunity to find out just how complete a player this guy is/could be. I mean, if he continues his superb progress on the defensive end, and starts potting a few goals or getting a few points, he might surpass Moen overall on the depth chart, and who knows what he can do from there?

Old
01-09-2010, 12:31 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedawg View Post
Yes, White should help provide enough offense to get a puck past Brodeur, right?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:35 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark4ng3l View Post
He probably wrecked his back when he made his big hit. Thats why he has been playing so poorly. He's scared of hurting his back more.
Georges Laraque making a big hit? Funny...

Glad White is back up.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Yes, White should help provide enough offense to get a puck past Brodeur, right?
Because guys like Cammy and Plecky have the only chances of putting one past Brodeur, right?

Smolinski was pretty good at it too, no?

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Go Habs Go

So did that nice pass to Metropolit take him out? wtf, he's more fragile then our smurfs

Go Habs Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:50 PM
We Want The 25
Go Habs Go

YES! hopefully its career ending injury i dont want to be mean but he cant play in the nhl anymore

We Want The 25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 01:27 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
He's no Moen! That for sure!

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 01:41 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Here is the most genius plan ever. When Laraque comes back, we should play him for 25 minutes a game, he won't be able to handle it and hopefully he'll suffer a real injury and be out for the term of his contract and we get get IR cap relief as well.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 01:43 PM
Lizard King*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfan56 View Post
Laraque is out, upper body injury
http://habsinsideout.com/main/27459

how the hell did he get injured playing 5 mins?
well he played 6 minutes more than he was suppose to

Lizard King* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:

White probably won't play on Plekanec's line. Also, is the top Bulldog RW as good as d'Agostini?

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote