HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan White called up/ Laraque Injured

Old
01-09-2010, 01:49 PM
marvelousmotion

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseballCoach View Post
I think Maxwell has the skillset to be a poor man's Andrei Kostitsyn. Play Maxwell on LW and just move Cammalleri to the RW.
Maxwell has the skillset to be a poor man's Andrei?

Ryan White totally deserves it, one of my favorites down in Hamilton. The Habs were seriously lacking some kind of grit in their line-up and this kid plays with more grit than anyone else on this team. His 40 hits in only 13 games says it all; that's already more hits than over half of the current players throughout the season.

What's not good to like about White? Relentless worker, great fore-checker, good speed, plays well defensively, and a fearless in your face type of player. I think he has under-rated offensive abilities, as suggest his 5 goals in the last few games in Hamilton. He's not going to score highlight reel goals in the NHL, but he has a nose for the net and isn't afraid to get dirty.

marvelousmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Also, is the top Bulldog RW as good as d'Agostini?
Better.

But no, seriously, I think D'Ago is garbage, so...

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 02:12 PM
CanadienErrant*

Martin should try these lines while A.K is out...

Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta

Pouliot - Plekanec - Lapierre

Moen - Metropolit - White

Whoever left on the fourth.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 02:13 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

RYAAAN WHIIITTEEE Yes!!!

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 02:30 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
Martin should try these lines while A.K is out...

Cammalleri - Gomez - Gionta

Pouliot - Plekanec - Lapierre

Moen - Metropolit - White

Whoever left on the fourth.
What did Plekanec do to deserve always getting the worst wingers out of our top 6? It was the same at the start of the season. The guy was our leading scorer witb Andrei that couldnt do **** and whoever was the least bad out of our bottom 6...

We already have 1 line going we try to have 2 and I doubt those line changes any kind of fix that... At this point it's more about whose the best fit with Cammy and Plek.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 02:30 PM
HabFan1975

Hopefully Gainey didnt forget to advise the league this time around

HabFan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 02:52 PM
coolasprICE

Habs just got better with BGL injured and an AHL'er taking his spot... that's when you know it's time to trade/waiver/buy-out the vegan

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Ncrdrg

Send a message via AIM to Ncrdrg Send a message via MSN to Ncrdrg
They can't just call a AHL kid and send it straight the the wolves by sending him on the first line. That's why they're playing current regulars instead. If it fails, I guess the only solution is elsewhere.
Hamilton does not have any solution to replace a NHL 1st line winger. Sorry Desharnais fans. White was recalled for the 4th line.

Ncrdrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 03:06 PM
PunkinDrublic*

Mio @ Habs Inside Out says Laraque is a healthy scratch ! You would think that him and Stubbs could get together on this.

http://habsinsideout.com/

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 03:33 PM
MarkovsKnee

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic View Post
Mio @ Habs Inside Out says Laraque is a healthy scratch ! You would think that him and Stubbs could get together on this.

http://habsinsideout.com/
Yeah that's what Boone @ I/O reported too. That Laraque is a healthy scratch. Interesting. I'm all for it if it's true. White's been playing really, really well in Hamilton. He's very close to being a 4th line regular for us. If he can step in and take that spot, it gives the Habs some more line-up options when SK comes back & with AK out.

Laraque doesn't do anything for us against a team like NJ, while White gives JM another player for the PK.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 03:53 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
What did Plekanec do to deserve always getting the worst wingers out of our top 6?
Its a contract year, we should do our best to keep his point production down so we can resign him for cheaper.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Its a contract year, we should do our best to keep his point production down so we can resign him for cheaper.
Yeeeeah... at the expense of the team's performance. unless you simply omitted the

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 04:23 PM
GoldenForum

Laraque is an absolute joke. And don't blame Gainey for signing him because it wasn't a bad idea, but Laraque does not take care of himself. I mean how many bobo injuries can a tough guy have in two seasons. And he wants more playing time-- George, time to go into show business. I hope Bob waives him when he's healthy-- someone out there will likely be seduced by his 'toughness' and wipe that 1.5 mil off our books. I'd take John Kordic over Laraque any day of the week.

Mara and Laraque's current salaries can more than pay for Pleks raise for next year.

GoldenForum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 04:25 PM
Lizard King*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenForum View Post
Mara and Laraque's current salaries can more than pay for Pleks raise for next year.

They could but then Price needs a raise too. We're going to need to get rid of some players to resign pleks + price

Lizard King* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 04:53 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard King View Post
They could but then Price needs a raise too. We're going to need to get rid of some players to resign pleks + price
Spacek.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 05:24 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Spacek.

Mod edit:

Spacek more than likely won't get dumped. His offensive game is less than what we expected, but his defensive game is better than I expected.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-10-2010 at 02:58 AM. Reason: Play nice
Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 05:25 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

Mod edit:

Spacek more than likely won't get dumped. His offensive game is less than what we expected, but his defensive game is better than I expected.
We should totally get rid of Hamrlik or Plekanec to fit Spacek in, I agree.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-10-2010 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Edited quoted post
JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 05:37 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
We should totally get rid of Hamrlik or Plekanec to fit Spacek in, I agree.
We shouldn't get rid of any of these guys.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:02 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Does Price need much of a raise though? Price's cap hit right now is 2.2 million dollars. What has he proved or done that warrants giving him anything marginally better than that?

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 06:49 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
Does Price need much of a raise though? Price's cap hit right now is 2.2 million dollars. What has he proved or done that warrants giving him anything marginally better than that?
I'm a Price basher and I think he's going to get MINIMUM $3m, probably 3.5-4 if he signs for a few years.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 07:41 PM
PK76

I'm really happy to see White called up. I really like what he brings to the table and I think we definitly need that.

PK76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:01 PM
MarkovsKnee

Good game tonight by White. I really like this kid. He's always first on the forecheck, always finishes his checks, tonight he battled hard in front of the net for position, was strong on the boards at both ends of the ice and was solid defensively in the neutral zone. And, he helped out on the PK.

Really, he's everything you want in a crash-and-bang fourth line forward, with the potential to become a 3rd line, Moen type player. I hope he stays up with the Habs.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenForum View Post
Laraque is an absolute joke. And don't blame Gainey for signing him because it wasn't a bad idea, but Laraque does not take care of himself. I mean how many bobo injuries can a tough guy have in two seasons. And he wants more playing time-- George, time to go into show business. I hope Bob waives him when he's healthy-- someone out there will likely be seduced by his 'toughness' and wipe that 1.5 mil off our books. I'd take John Kordic over Laraque any day of the week.

Who do you blame then?

We finished 1st in the East game after game,the media said how much we really needed a tough guy,but Carbo and Gainey kept saying it wasn't the plan and we wanted players that where able to skate and play hockey.Off season comes around and Gainey gives this clown a 3 year deal at 1.5 million and it's not his fault after saying we didn't need such player?Comon I like Gainey but that's a terrible mistake he made by signing Laraque

Habs 4 Life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:21 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammerScores View Post
Good game tonight by White. I really like this kid. He's always first on the forecheck, always finishes his checks, tonight he battled hard in front of the net for position, was strong on the boards at both ends of the ice and was solid defensively in the neutral zone. And, he helped out on the PK.

Really, he's everything you want in a crash-and-bang fourth line forward, with the potential to become a 3rd line, Moen type player. I hope he stays up with the Habs.
I liked what I saw as well. Again gets credited with 2 of the Habs 20 hits in only 6 1/2 mins. He has contagious energy, and will often be the one man spark plug that you want on your team. You pretty much said it all, he's the sandpaper that our team could sorely use.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:21 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
Quote:
Is there any reason to beleive that cap relief couldnt come by increases of the cap itself?

CoupeStanley is offline   Reply With Quote