HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Wives Carnival

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-09-2010, 12:18 AM
  #26
superozman
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
I'm actually working the carnival as a volunteer. My first year attending as a fan/and or volunteer. should be interesting

superozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:30 AM
  #27
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars
 
MiamiScreamingEagles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 39,481
vCash: 1503
Quote:
Originally Posted by superozman View Post
I'm actually working the carnival as a volunteer. My first year attending as a fan/and or volunteer. should be interesting
Good stuff.

If you'd like, here's an introduction thread for HF members

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=535820&page=23

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:41 AM
  #28
superozman
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post
Good stuff.

If you'd like, here's an introduction thread for HF members

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=535820&page=23
Thanks.

What sucks is the first rule is "You may NOT ask for autographs or photographs".

And the duties pretty much are wait for the players hand and foot.

superozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:51 AM
  #29
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier
 
flyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seward, Alaska
Country: United States
Posts: 6,240
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydepps View Post
It just so happens that I will be in Philly this weekend to see the Flyers vs. Tampa Bay. Coming down from Maine to see a game. Didn't know the Carnival was the next day. Anyone have any idea how much tickets are?
They used to be like $40 to get in, 15 to get a picture and 5 to get an autograph from a Flyer. I'm sure things have changed though since my last visit which was probably ca. 2000ish.

flyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 07:31 AM
  #30
RJNSmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Brotherly Love
Country: United States
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
They used to be like $40 to get in, 15 to get a picture and 5 to get an autograph from a Flyer. I'm sure things have changed though since my last visit which was probably ca. 2000ish.
I paid $15 to get in, $27 a photograph, and $22 for some autographs this year. It was about the same as last year. (That price is each)

RJNSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 10:17 AM
  #31
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier
 
flyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seward, Alaska
Country: United States
Posts: 6,240
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersSniper View Post
I paid $15 to get in, $27 a photograph, and $22 for some autographs this year. It was about the same as last year. (That price is each)
Hmm, interesting. It just seems they shifted everything around. I definitely have an old ticket from one that says $40 on it. Do they still have the mystery boxes for $20?

flyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 10:28 AM
  #32
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Hmm, interesting. It just seems they shifted everything around. I definitely have an old ticket from one that says $40 on it. Do they still have the mystery boxes for $20?
Not since Briere got drunk on rasberry schnapps and did this:



Last edited by Valhoun*: 01-09-2010 at 10:42 AM.
Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:59 AM
  #33
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier
 
flyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Seward, Alaska
Country: United States
Posts: 6,240
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Not since Briere got drunk on rasberry schnapps and did this:

truly exceptional.

flyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:22 PM
  #34
BrindamoursNose
Registered User
 
BrindamoursNose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Hmm, interesting. It just seems they shifted everything around. I definitely have an old ticket from one that says $40 on it. Do they still have the mystery boxes for $20?
$40 may be Early Admission and $15 may be normal fee...I'm not sure.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:25 PM
  #35
ilovetheflyers8
Registered User
 
ilovetheflyers8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: D.C.
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 4,882
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Not since Briere got drunk on rasberry schnapps and did this:

We need a photoshop with Briere's head on it and and a banner that says "Flyers Wives Carnival" on top.

ilovetheflyers8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:38 PM
  #36
RJNSmith
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Brotherly Love
Country: United States
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
$40 may be Early Admission and $15 may be normal fee...I'm not sure.
Oh yeah, it was $37 for early admission, and $15 for entrance after 1:30pm

RJNSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 01:22 PM
  #37
slitz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 249
vCash: 500
if you are going for autographs, its tough to get alot done ith reg admission. quick tip, if you have early admission hit the alumni area first. we wait about 15 mins last year. walked by later and the wait was over an hour

slitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 03:02 PM
  #38
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by superozman View Post
Thanks.

What sucks is the first rule is "You may NOT ask for autographs or photographs".

And the duties pretty much are wait for the players hand and foot.
TBH, depending on the player....that'd still be pretty cool.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 03:48 PM
  #39
shamski7
Registered User
 
shamski7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bucks County, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to shamski7
what all can be inside the "mystery" boxes?

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 04:09 PM
  #40
Valhoun*
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 10,311
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamski7 View Post
what all can be inside the "mystery" boxes?

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 04:21 PM
  #41
FlyerCub
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamski7 View Post
what all can be inside the "mystery" boxes?
They've been mystery bags instead of boxes for the past few years, divided into adult bags and kids bags. It looks like they're $25/$20 this year.

The contents vary each year. I've seen things like t-shirts, BBQ utensil sets, a winter hat/scarf/glove package, welcome mats, and autographed photos.

Late in the afternoon, some players start drifting down to the floor to be with their wives/girlfriends working at the booth and to entice people to get the remaining bags. At that point, they'll usually let you have an autograph from the player with the purchase of a bag.

This is going to be the first year in a while I haven't gone. After the Winter Classic, I just don't have the extra $ in my budget.

FlyerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 04:43 PM
  #42
shamski7
Registered User
 
shamski7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bucks County, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to shamski7
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerCub View Post
They've been mystery bags instead of boxes for the past few years, divided into adult bags and kids bags. It looks like they're $25/$20 this year.

The contents vary each year. I've seen things like t-shirts, BBQ utensil sets, a winter hat/scarf/glove package, welcome mats, and autographed photos.

Late in the afternoon, some players start drifting down to the floor to be with their wives/girlfriends working at the booth and to entice people to get the remaining bags. At that point, they'll usually let you have an autograph from the player with the purchase of a bag.

This is going to be the first year in a while I haven't gone. After the Winter Classic, I just don't have the extra $ in my budget.
very cool, i'll look to wait until later in the day

shamski7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 05:28 PM
  #43
FlyerCub
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamski7 View Post
very cool, i'll look to wait until later in the day
Just keep an eye on them in case supplies start running low. I think they were out of the kids bags by the end of the day last year.

FlyerCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 01:30 PM
  #44
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment
 
GKJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Do not trade plz
Country: United States
Posts: 109,952
vCash: 5792
Coverage is on right now.


Waiting for the obligatory interview with Holly Cote.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 01:56 PM
  #45
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
I love Carcillo.

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 01:57 PM
  #46
Black Ice
Registered User
 
Black Ice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Delawhere?
Country: United States
Posts: 3,824
vCash: 500
Carcillo got beat in Wii boxing by some little kid. Carcillo looked sad that he lost, lol.

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 02:00 PM
  #47
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
That's what made me laugh. Him and his rat-stached and toothless grin!

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 02:00 PM
  #48
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
Coatsey, if you stop hitting the kid in the face, he'll stop crying!!

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 02:06 PM
  #49
dbr2
Lockout Beard
 
dbr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,340
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Every year I say I'll go. I have yet to go ha.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 02:10 PM
  #50
Jules801
Just Some Broad
 
Jules801's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Good Ol' Glassboro
Country: Israel
Posts: 6,489
vCash: 500
HAhaha! The Toyota guy just said, "The wives have just as strong a work ethic as the player, and quite frankly they're cuter. Although Danny Briere is pretty cute".

Poor Danny....LOL

Jules801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.