HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Ducks(W),Flames(L),Canes(W),Ducks!(L) | (2nd, 5th, 7th, 9th)

Old
01-09-2010, 07:09 PM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidfire3240 View Post
http://atdhe.net/11489/watch-anaheim...ille-predators
ka-ching.

but, I'm not confident because last time I used it, it didnt like me, but I'm packing to go back to college but i'll try and find another one during the night.
Not working...anyone else with an internet stream?

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 07:44 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
not working for me either, I cant track a good one down

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 07:58 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I can't find one either.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:08 PM
jstreet

wow. 2-0 Ducks, a terrible road team taking it to us at home.

Old
01-09-2010, 08:21 PM
Seth Lake

3-0 Ducks. Getzlaf's line strikes again...

Old
01-09-2010, 08:22 PM
jstreet

doh! wish I could see what was going on

Old
01-09-2010, 08:35 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
doh! wish I could see what was going on
Aye, if nothing else would like to see why we're down 3-0, poor play, bad luck? etc.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Milly79

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Aye, if nothing else would like to see why we're down 3-0, poor play, bad luck? etc.
From what I've seen/heard, I'd say poor play. I'd be watching the stream on HockeyStreams, but it's been horrible this year.

Horny just scored.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 09:19 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Just got home, settled in, slammed a shot of bourbon and Dumont scores. You all owe me

scoring change: Erat scored. Dumont with the primary assist.

Last edited by ThirdManIn: 01-09-2010 at 09:44 PM.
ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 09:21 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

golf, if you ever need working streams just do what I do. Google search "myp2p hockey", click the top link, and go to "Ice Hockey Today" thread. It's usually the top thread. If there is a way to watch it online they have it.

Old
01-09-2010, 10:40 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Do you all have any idea how hard it is to not scream "**** THE DUCKS!!!" after a few of those really expensive beers on the 2nd level? I try to preserve a family atmosphere, but it's really difficult when we play a team that rhymes so perfectly with well known profanity.

JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 10:56 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

I often yell that while completely sober and without having Anaheim on the schedule.

Old
01-10-2010, 12:19 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Trotz nailed it in the postgame: no one was really trying until the last ten minutes.

That makes 3 such games in a row. Disgraceful in front of a rare sellout crowd. Suter and Weber look like they're trying their hardest not to get injured before the olympics, Hamhuis and Klein look worse than normal, and Sulzer and Franson look like...a rookie defense pairing.

Hornqvist, Jones and Spaling looked like the only players that had any interest in showing up tonight. Extremely frustrating, especially given that it's been the same story for three straight games.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 01:17 AM
Seth Lake

Guite reassigned to Milwaukee after tonight's game. Will play Sunday at Peoria. Team flies out to Vancouver at 12 noon. No extra forwards in either Milwaukee or Nashville right now. 12 forwards dressed for each team after Scatchard injures his knee Saturday night and is expected to miss a minimum of four weeks with an MRI scheduled for Monday...

Old
01-10-2010, 02:52 AM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

2-2 on the straight 4 game home advantage ain't pretty, but I guess it could be worse.
Posted via Mobile Device

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 09:31 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

The Hamhuis-Klein experiment finally went Chernobyl on us last night, and pretty much cost us the game. Bad decisions with and without the puck, no physical play whatsoever, and then Hamhuis blows a tire and gives Perry a breakaway (which Rinne made a fantastic save on). Sulzer had his worst game of the season, and Franson's skating deficiencies got exposed big time, and I'm not sure he has any upper body strength after watching him bounce off people last night. The only defenseman that played anything close to a good game was Suter.

The only forwards I was in any way impressed by were Hörnqvist (by far our best forward right now), Dumont, Spaling, and Jones. I'll give Erat a pass since he hasn't played in well over a week, but he seemed to find his feet as the game went on. Sullivan, O'Reilly and Legwand were pretty much invisible. Guite didn't really do anything. Goc had a lousy game.

Rinne played a much better game than the three goals against might lead one to believe. He made several great saves, including a fantastic save on a Perry breakaway and a point-blank chance for Bobby Ryan. He deserved to win tonight.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect Trotz chewed that team out for a while after the game. He took an uncharacteristically long time to address the media.

I want to see Blum and Olvecky here for the next game and have a lineup like this:

Dumont-Legwand-Hörnqvist
Sullivan-O'Reilly-Erat
Jones-Goc-Ward
Thuresson-Spaling-Olvecky

Suter-Weber
Hamhuis-Bouillon
Blum-Franson/Sulzer
Klein

Put Rinne in goal, and hope Vancouver go easy on us.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 02:51 PM
thejlb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
The Hamhuis-Klein experiment finally went Chernobyl on us last night, and pretty much cost us the game. Bad decisions with and without the puck, no physical play whatsoever, and then Hamhuis blows a tire and gives Perry a breakaway (which Rinne made a fantastic save on). Sulzer had his worst game of the season, and Franson's skating deficiencies got exposed big time, and I'm not sure he has any upper body strength after watching him bounce off people last night. The only defenseman that played anything close to a good game was Suter.

The only forwards I was in any way impressed by were Hörnqvist (by far our best forward right now), Dumont, Spaling, and Jones. I'll give Erat a pass since he hasn't played in well over a week, but he seemed to find his feet as the game went on. Sullivan, O'Reilly and Legwand were pretty much invisible. Guite didn't really do anything. Goc had a lousy game.

Rinne played a much better game than the three goals against might lead one to believe. He made several great saves, including a fantastic save on a Perry breakaway and a point-blank chance for Bobby Ryan. He deserved to win tonight.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect Trotz chewed that team out for a while after the game. He took an uncharacteristically long time to address the media.

I want to see Blum and Olvecky here for the next game and have a lineup like this:

Dumont-Legwand-Hörnqvist
Sullivan-O'Reilly-Erat
Jones-Goc-Ward
Thuresson-Spaling-Olvecky

Suter-Weber
Hamhuis-Bouillon
Blum-Franson/Sulzer
Klein

Put Rinne in goal, and hope Vancouver go easy on us.
Don't forget mister Weber and his attempt at checking that left him on the the ice and down a defenseman which led to the first goal. and hamhuis and the anaheim player completely screening rinne.

O'reily wasn't invisible he got a point and had a few chances. He looks to pass too much in my opinion, but so do most of the preds so I let that slide.

I continue to be impressed with spaling and jones, so much so I wonder why jones doesn't get rewarded like hornqvist gets chances with the top lines. Why not jones. I think after jones got called up from milwaukee he has been playing exactly how he should always play. Spaling is my guy that guy is heads and thinks offensively when he needs to and defensively when he needs to.

thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 02:59 PM
jstreet

Trotz has nobody to blame but himself for that Klein-Hamhuis pairing. Its been horrible for how long now?

Old
01-11-2010, 04:46 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
Trotz has nobody to blame but himself for that Klein-Hamhuis pairing. Its been horrible for how long now?
The better part of a month.

I suspect that if they aren't split up for the Vancouver game, Trotz won't split them up at all unless a change in personnel is made.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 05:49 PM
jstreet

I was thinking almost all freakin season.

Old
01-11-2010, 07:00 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

Im sorry. Klein just gets on my nerves, he's turnover prone, every time he gets the puck. But there is no denying, that his play is getting worse. I don't know what it is.

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 07:18 PM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
I don't know what it is.
I think, he is a 6th-7th defender getting 20+ minutes per night and will continue to do so because Sulzer-Franson havent done enough to take the minutes away. They have shown us some great things but the consistency just isnt quite there yet.