HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wake Me Up In 6 Weeks...Habs Lose 2-1 in OT

Old
01-09-2010, 08:56 PM
LeHab

vCash: 500
1 point against one of the best teams is always good.

LeHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Let's talk abour Mr Cammy.

This guy sucks.

Discuss.

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:57 PM
NHLcrazy

Let's be honest here, the Parise GWG was a nice goal form a talented scorer, the Zajac goal was a softie.

Halak had a great game overall.

NHLcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
People need to relax

They played a helluva game against the Top team in the East...not to mention the team that always seems to burn the Habs.

If they continue to play like they did tonight, they'll be fine

Owen Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
eightyseven

Price stopped a breakaway the last game against Zach Parise.

But still...the goalies are NOT the problem. We need more NET presence...too many pansy, perimeter players. It's driving me nuts...they need to work on screens, deflections.

Cammy and Plekanec are invisible without Andrei. At least Plekanec will be easier to sign....

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:58 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post

This guy sucks.

Discuss.
Is this sarcasm I am not getting?

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥

vCash: 50
Carey ****ing Price sucked tonight.

Discuss.

Theosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Price was invisible on the ice.

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:59 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports1131 View Post
How can anyone call a breakaway goal to one of the best players in the game a softy? The first goal wasn't great -- I'll certainly give you that -- but this is ridiculous.
Because it wasn't a clean break. Parise didn't gain posession of the puck until around the circle, which meant Halak had perfect time to get in position and that Parise wasn't coming in at full speed. Most goaltenders would have challenged the shooter in that situation and 90% of the time the shooter is going to fail tog et a shot off. Halak played deep in his net allowing Parise to do something with the puck and ultimately he scored from a bad angle on a glove side back hand. It was reminiscent of the Huet days.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryzga lol View Post
Keep your excuses for when he has a bad game. Too bad you wouldn't be able to detect the difference between a good and a bad goaltending performance if your life depended on it.
Really, the shots he faced weren't that difficult tonight...and I never blamed the loss on him. People need to realize the difference in both goalies. It is crazy how one in Halak is herald and Price would be hung!

I think Price bashers need to wake up and see that Price has had how many of these performances and has been bashed because of the loss. But, because Halak has beaten the crap teams and is on a role he is all of a sudden not allowed to be given the "Price" treatment.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
MAB is MAB we all know that, but Markov should not have been that deep... and should not have went for the corner. I don't pin this one on MAB.
What? It's not atypical for D's with offensive skills like Markov do this. There's nothing wrong with that play.

But when a D goes deep, a forward fills in for him in defense -- and that's what Gomez did, IIRC. The problem here is that poor defenseman MAB was overly enthusiastic with offence and forget to make sure no Devils player was behind him or he purposely cheated.

Last edited by Poulet Kostopoulos: 01-09-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Frankenheimer

Halak did what he was supposed to do, get the game into overtime and ensure we got points. Had Parise scored late in the third, we would all be more pissed off, but the fact is, he didn't. That's what makes a goalie special, timely saves that allow you to get points and wins. You get one goal of support, you either shutout the other team, or allow one yourself and get the game into OT. That's what he did.

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
eightyseven

Quote:

This guy sucks.

Discuss.
Both he and Plekanec are invisible without Andrei. They need him badly.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 09:00 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl the habs fan View Post
show me when Price has been criticized for a breakaway goal to anyone, let alone a league star.

slothful arguments from slothful thinkers.
Are we forgetting the goal he let in against Elias at the end of last game? According to most fans, we lost that game because of Price...

TomPlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 09:02 PM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
So if MAB made that exact same play as Markov did, would you say Markov should have been back or say MAB is a pee-wee, ECHLer with an NHL shot, MAB is drunk, blah blah blah. Markov is our best player but he goofed on that play.
If trying to score in OT is a mistake....then I guess you're right.
Markov didn't goof, he took a chance.

When NJ got possession of the puck in the corner, MAB was hesitant, he looked like he didnt' know whether he should go forecheck or back off. By the time he started to back off, the puck got flipped out to Parise and the rest is history.
To me, MAB looked like he wasn't sure if he was playing wing or D.

I don't hate MAB, but keep him on the 4th line and the PP. He is a horrible defensively.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Are we forgetting the goal he let in against Elias at the end of last game? According to most fans, we lost that game because of Price...
Thank you...finally someone else who see's the flaming is allowed on Price and not on Halak after the exact same performance.

Old
emb24*

like anaheim a few years back with the goonery they got away with as 'toughness'
NJ plays a game that straddles the rules. they constantly have guys in the skating lanes when they defend in the neutral zone and their blue line..if we have the puck or not, they're in the lanes and it's borderline interference every single time. the refs were calling them on it for about 25 mins and then stopped

emb24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 09:04 PM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Thank you...finally someone else who see's the flaming is allowed on Price and not on Halak after the exact same performance.
It happens after every game. There is such a double standard.

Old
01-09-2010, 09:05 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
It happens after every game. There is such a double standard.
Exactly.

The problem is they don't know how good of one we have in Price...bandwagon has always been the problem here and the double standard too.

Old
01-09-2010, 09:06 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenheimer View Post
i look at this way, we went into a game against NJ one game over .500, we came out of it a game over .500. Great. Halak let it in two goals, but got us a point with only one goal of support. Very good. That the price fan boys are complaining is a testament of the new standard Halak is setting. The expectation is that he'll get a shutout every game and anything that deviates from that (you know, letting in a goal or two), is now deemed poor. Good for Halak for setting excellence as the benchmark. Tough act to follow.
The thing is Price has been doing this all season with really only one game you can call a stinker. When Halak gives us the same game Price gives us no one is ******** all over him for the softie in the first but if it was Price the Halakians would be all over Price. It is stupid because our goalies are both playing great hockey it's the fact we can't get goals against the better teams that is killing us not the goaltending.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 09:07 PM
Classified

Quote:

This guy sucks.

Discuss.
Seriously, do you even like the habs? Your posts are always negative, you're a troll, he is still a great player, not great the last 7 or so games, but does not suck at all.

For the rest, blaming Halak is an easy way out, yeah the first goal was soft, but the problem is with offence, what is it, 3 goals in 3 games at the Bell Centre in 2010? They just need to find a way to score, and when they do the wins will come again.

Classified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 09:08 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Well....nothing? We are at the spot we should be for various reasons. We will most likely beat the teams we've beat, and lose against top teams. Everything else is a bonus.

It's not another loss against another good team....it's against a much better team. Having 1 point against them it's borderline a win by 6 against any other team....
So are we okay with just settling for mediocrity once again this year? Before it was, let's wait 20 games for the players to get used to the system, then it was wait till Markov gets back. Now it's Andrei Kostitsyn is the reason we score 1 goal a game.

There are decent and even bad teams that beat great teams in this league. They even go on the road and win. Aside from the games Price stole in Buffalo and Washington..I don't remember any. I would like this TEAM to play well for once and actually win. And not because of their goalie.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
Exactly.

The problem is they don't know how good of one we have in Price...bandwagon has always been the problem here and the double standard too.
No, that's not the problem. They know how good he can be. The problem in Montreal is a lack of patience. Many "fans" feel that these players owe them something. In Price's case, apparently he's not allowed having growing pains, the same pains that Brodeur and Roy faced as they were learning in the NHL. Fleury would be one of those goalies who went through the same thing, but Pittsburgh had patience with him.

Montreal fans are NOTORIOUS for not have patience for players, especially the potential stars. They want Price out of here because he hasn't reached god-like status yet.

Old
RE-HABS

In a way, I can't wait till one of these goalies is traded to stop this talk for a bit...we know it will still be talked about when the other is playing elsewhere....ala Latendresse.

It will be Halak by the way.

Old
01-09-2010, 09:10 PM
PunkinDrublic*

I don't know, i think i would keep both. We are very fortunate to have 2 great young goalies. I mean look at the Leafs or Edmonton for example.

PunkinDrublic* is offline   Reply With Quote