HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Smith and St. Pierre

Old
01-09-2010, 01:11 PM
Ron Jeremy

vCash: 500
Look what happens:

Hennessey: Top liner in the AHL... the only role he knows. Used as a 4th liner here... meh. Produces nothing

Keller: Top liner in the AHL... the only role he knows. Used as a 4th liner here... meh. Produces nothing

Shannon: Top liner in the AHL... the only role he knows. Used as a 4th liner here... meh. Produces nothing... top 6 here. He's better.

Zack Smith: Top liner in the AHL... gets used to that role. 4th liner here... meh. Produces nothing... back to Bingo.... Used as a 3rd - 4th line checker, gets a call up after learning that role. He'll be fine. I'd take him over Donovan or Winchester at this point.... Cheech too for that matter.

Using player is roles they have never played or are haven't played recently is death.

Oh yeah... Zubov, Nikulin fit in there too. Top line players forced to the 4th line as call ups.

Ron Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 03:08 PM
Karl Cowensson
Two Headed Monster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouDaMan View Post
Look what happens:

Hennessey: Top liner in the AHL... the only role he knows. Used as a 4th liner here... meh. Produces nothing

Keller: Top liner in the AHL... the only role he knows. Used as a 4th liner here... meh. Produces nothing

Shannon: Top liner in the AHL... the only role he knows. Used as a 4th liner here... meh. Produces nothing... top 6 here. He's better.

Zack Smith: Top liner in the AHL... gets used to that role. 4th liner here... meh. Produces nothing... back to Bingo.... Used as a 3rd - 4th line checker, gets a call up after learning that role. He'll be fine. I'd take him over Donovan or Winchester at this point.... Cheech too for that matter.

Using player is roles they have never played or are haven't played recently is death.

Oh yeah... Zubov, Nikulin fit in there too. Top line players forced to the 4th line as call ups.
I agree. I thought Clouston was that type of coach to, who understands a players role, especially after he showed so much faith in Shannon and playing him on the second line when he took over. Haven't seen much of that from him lately though. I hope St. Pierre sees some time on the second line, he could pull a Shannon if given the opportunity.

I've always seen Z.Smith in a bottom 6 role and I think the organization has as well. Alot of his scoring last year came from banging in the garbage goals produced by Shannon and Zubov last year in the AHL I believe. He doesn't really have great offensive instincts, but he's a tough in your face player that can be effective in the high traffic areas. Something we generally have lacked, and the kind of player Murray seems to be high on.

Karl Cowensson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 03:15 PM
SelleckStache

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouDaMan View Post
Look what happens:

It's not about coming in and producing on the 4th line. It's about coming in and playing your guts out, doing what your coach instructs you to do, and asking for more. Solid effort will eventually be rewarded.
If they were in fact top line talent, they would likely be there already and someone would have parted the seas to make room for them. Prove something first.

SelleckStache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 08:03 AM
FiveforFighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelleckStache View Post
It's not about coming in and producing on the 4th line. It's about coming in and playing your guts out, doing what your coach instructs you to do, and asking for more. Solid effort will eventually be rewarded.
If they were in fact top line talent, they would likely be there already and someone would have parted the seas to make room for them. Prove something first.
Hard to prove yourself when you don't play many minutes with grinders

FiveforFighting is offline   Reply With Quote