HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Deadline Deals - All Trade Proposals and Inquires

Old
01-09-2010, 01:31 PM
echlfreak

vCash: 500
Deadline Deals - All Trade Proposals and Inquires

With all of Nashville's UFA's ths summer what are some deadline deals you would like to see?

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 05:01 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I don't see any reason to move anyone out. We'll need Ellis and we don't have the depth to ship off Hamhuis.

As for who we acquire, well someone like Whitney is on my wishlist, but I'm honestly not expecting us to make a splash this year. Money is tight, and we're just not good enough to to "all in."

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 10:46 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Hamhuis and Klein going to whoever it looks like we play in the playoffs. Two for one deal.

Seriously though I really want Hamhuis gone, this may be his worst season and while it was looking better he falls again. He would be good to keep at his current pay but a raise is coming to him and I don't want us to pay it. Boullion will do fine in his role and Sulzer and Franson are also ok on the back end.

As for pieces we add, I want a depth forward, not a giant splash but someone who can play on any one of our 4 lines. Like Mike Sillinger or Jan Hlavac from the past.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 08:36 AM
echlfreak

I would really to see us acquire Ray Whitney from Carolina. He would be a great veteran presence and add to our speed and scoring punch.

And

Hamhuis to Calgary...might have to add a little more to this side of the deal?

for

Bourque and Giordano

Old
01-10-2010, 10:05 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

The Flames won't trade Bourque when they're trying to win a Cup.

Whitney has apparently told Rutherford he wants to stay. He still has his wheels and could command a decent return, though.

I'd like to get someone a little younger who we have a chance of keeping, like Ponikarovsky. I'd like to upgrade the defense as well, but the only viable options would be Colaiacovo, Corvo, or... wait for it... Marek Zidlicky.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:26 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I'd like to get someone a little younger who we have a chance of keeping, like Ponikarovsky. I'd like to upgrade the defense as well, but the only viable options would be Colaiacovo, Corvo, or... wait for it... Marek Zidlicky.
This team needs a DEFENSIVE improvement not Zidlicky.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:32 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
This team needs a DEFENSIVE improvement not Zidlicky.
The perceptions surrounding Zidlicky in his time here were far worse than Zidlicky was. He would be better than Hamhuis, Klein, and probably Sulzer and Franson.

Old
01-10-2010, 10:48 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
The perceptions surrounding Zidlicky in his time here were far worse than Zidlicky was. He would be better than Hamhuis, Klein, and probably Sulzer and Franson.
THIS year, but what about consistancy?

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Pattypred

Quote:
Okay now - before I just thought you were a little nuts - now I know you've been smoking something the rest of us have not.

Whatever credibility you had with me before is now gone.

Enough said - I am done with you and with these boards.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 06:03 PM
ZombPred
ALLeyeDOizWHEN!

ZombPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 07:47 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
THIS year, but what about consistancy?
Consistency is the whole reason we need another defenseman. We're putting Kevin Klein and Dan Hamhuis on the ice for 20 minutes every night, and despite making the occasional great play (which can generally be attributed to Hamhuis), they make horrible turnovers, screen their own goalie, don't do anything to challenge the other team physically, and have had minimal effectiveness in the offensive zone. There's no way of knowing what kind of defenders will be out there not just on a game-by-game basis, but on a shift-by-shift basis. Zidlicky is certainly no stranger to bad turnovers, to be sure, but he's having one of, if not the best overall year of his career right now. He can score, he's not afraid of getting in his opponent's face, he can skate, and has actually carved himself out a nice niche on Minnesota's penalty kill (which is significantly better than ours, by the way).

After what I have seen so far this season from Hamhuis and especially Klein (as well as Sulzer for the last few games), I think it's time for a bit of a shake-up on the blue line. If we're not going to bring up someone from the minors, it's Poile's job to bring in someone from another organization. What I expect is a short-term addition that is designed mainly to shore up our defense long enough to get us to the playoffs and try to win a round in the postseason (something that will be impossible with our current defense, even with the return of Bouillon). After that, he's gone, and we start a search for a top four defender in earnest in the summer.

Call me crazy if you want, but the Zidlicky is a lot better than many of the guys we could realistically bring in (a list which is highlighted by the likes of Christoph Schubert, Aaron Ward, and Milan Jurcina). I would rather have Corvo than Zidlicky, but if Zids is a better buy, I wouldn't be the least bit opposed to it. I would rather have...

Weber-Suter
Zidlicky-Bouillon
Hamhuis-Franson/Sulzer
Klein

... than...

Weber-Suter
Hamhuis-Klein
Bouillon-Franson
Sulzer

... going into the playoffs.

Old
01-10-2010, 09:11 PM
PredDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattypred View Post
Okay now - before I just thought you were a little nuts - now I know you've been smoking something the rest of us have not.

Whatever credibility you had with me before is now gone.

Enough said - I am done with you and with these boards.
Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Patty!

I firmly believe this year's Hamhuis & Klein are by far the worst d-men dressing in a Preds' uniform. While I don't want Zidlicky back, he would make me feel more comfortable than Hamhuis or Klein. I *cringe* when either of them take the ice... they stink!

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 09:16 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post

I firmly believe this year's Hamhuis & Klein are by far the worst d-men dressing in a Preds' uniform. While I don't want Zidlicky back, he would make me feel more comfortable than Hamhuis or Klein. I *cringe* when either of them take the ice... they stink!

Sigh on so many levels.

Can't believe you would say that to Patty...

And the second part is laughable.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post

Patty > Dave, and it's not even close

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 12:10 AM
echlfreak

Quote:
Consistency is the whole reason we need another defenseman. We're putting Kevin Klein and Dan Hamhuis on the ice for 20 minutes every night, and despite making the occasional great play (which can generally be attributed to Hamhuis), they make horrible turnovers, screen their own goalie, don't do anything to challenge the other team physically, and have had minimal effectiveness in the offensive zone. There's no way of knowing what kind of defenders will be out there not just on a game-by-game basis, but on a shift-by-shift basis. Zidlicky is certainly no stranger to bad turnovers, to be sure, but he's having one of, if not the best overall year of his career right now. He can score, he's not afraid of getting in his opponent's face, he can skate, and has actually carved himself out a nice niche on Minnesota's penalty kill (which is significantly better than ours, by the way).

After what I have seen so far this season from Hamhuis and especially Klein (as well as Sulzer for the last few games), I think it's time for a bit of a shake-up on the blue line. If we're not going to bring up someone from the minors, it's Poile's job to bring in someone from another organization. What I expect is a short-term addition that is designed mainly to shore up our defense long enough to get us to the playoffs and try to win a round in the postseason (something that will be impossible with our current defense, even with the return of Bouillon). After that, he's gone, and we start a search for a top four defender in earnest in the summer.

Call me crazy if you want, but the Zidlicky is a lot better than many of the guys we could realistically bring in (a list which is highlighted by the likes of Christoph Schubert, Aaron Ward, and Milan Jurcina). I would rather have Corvo than Zidlicky, but if Zids is a better buy, I wouldn't be the least bit opposed to it. I would rather have...

Weber-Suter
Zidlicky-Bouillon
Hamhuis-Franson/Sulzer
Klein

... than...

Weber-Suter
Hamhuis-Klein
Bouillon-Franson
Sulzer

... going into the playoffs.

Worstfaceoff... Worst all time thought...Please think before you type...You should retire after this idea. Zidlicky the worst defensive d man in the last 3 years and you want to bring him back...wakey wakey!!!

Old
01-11-2010, 06:23 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

If someone wants to leave the boards due to an opinion presented in a non-volatile manner, that is her perrogative. I will not tolerate bashing of other posters because of someone else's rash decisions.

Frankly, I think both have valid points. I think WOF's followup makes plenty of sense, regardless of what you think about Zidlicky.

01-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Predsrule

Yah guys your not gona have ppl agree with you 100% of the time.. lets keep it mature here threaten to leave just because you dont share the same view as someone?

anyways on topic.
If we got Zidlicky free sure but we will have to give up at-least a 2nd+ so a big NTY for me
so lets look at the sellers as these will rob only be the ppl willing to trade roster players for prospects+/ picks
Car:UFA
Ray Whitney: likely cost us our first or 2nd+ mid level $al= about 800k left to be paid at the deadline (think my math is right here)
Matt Cullen: have on Goc so nty
Joe Corvo: I agree we need a shut down D man not all offense.
Aaron Ward: Would come cheep and 600k left to be paid.. that being said from my self NTY better out there
EDM:UFA
Fernando Pisani: pass
Rest are ether RFA or have contract beyond this year..
TOR:UFA
Lee Stempniak: 3rd+ prospect? 600k left to be paid.. Id like to get him but thats just me
Alexei Ponikarovsky: This is what we need! 2nd+ about 500k left to be paid this would be my main interest at the deadline
Matt Stajan: Nty
Jamal Mayers:nty
Garnet Exelby:nty
Jonas Frogren:nty

STL:UFA
Keith Tkachuk: 2nd+ 600k left to be paid. not sure how i feel about this.. think id pass
Paul Kariya: 1st+ 1.3 left to be paid ... if we wanna make a big move then yes..
Carlo Colaiacovo: need Def D
CBJ:Ufa
Fredrik Modin: Nty
Raffi Torres: 3rd+ 500k left to be paid.. not sure here but think id like it

Rest I feel wont be sellers YET

Otherplayers:
Shaone Morrisonn Wash: 3rd+ 500k left to be paid.. I think hes just what we need

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 11:49 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by echlfreak View Post
Worstfaceoff... Worst all time thought...Please think before you type...You should retire after this idea. Zidlicky the worst defensive d man in the last 3 years and you want to bring him back...wakey wakey!!!
I guess you suppressed all those memories of Ville Koistinen getting his doors blown off on a regular basis. I can't say I blame you.

There are about four guys that would be a clear-cut upgrade over what we have now that we might be able to bring in:

Dennis Seidenberg
Marek Zidlicky
Jordan Leopold
Joe Corvo

You might could add Colaiacovo to that list, but it's more of a stretch. I think the Cats will try to re-sign Seidenberg, I've never really bought the Leopold hype, and Corvo might not even play until the end of February.

I'm not saying we need to bring Zidlicky in and sign him to a six year deal and make him a cornerstone of our defense, but our defense needs an short-term addition to get us through this season. If we want to win a playoff round, we can't depend on Klein and Hamhuis to turn their game around by April. We might not even make the playoffs if they keep playing like they are now. So if Zidlicky is the best rental option we have available, I think we need to take it, and then explore all our options in the off season, from Josi to Kevin Bieksa to Brett Clark.

People harped on Zidlicky all through his time here, even when he started playing well in 07-08. The guy never really got a fair shake from the fans and was traded out of necessity as he finally started to play up to the contract we gave him. He has it all together now in Minnesota, and he would, IMO, be a good addition to the team. He can't possibly be any worse than Klein. Of course, this is all assuming Minnesota either folds or falls out of the playoff race and becomes a seller. It's entirely possible that they try to push for the playoffs themselves and hang on to their pending free agents.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 01-11-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Old
01-11-2010, 12:20 PM
predfan24

I don't know how he is doing in Minny but Zidlicky made big strides from when he first suited up for the Preds to the day he was traded in the Defense department. One thing I noticed about the online fan section of Predator fans is for years a conception would be generalized ( In this case that Zidlicky was,is and will always be and terrible defensive player) and some in the fanbase will live and die by the generalization till the end. Zidlicky was never and will never be a shutdown D-man but when he left here he had improved his game leaps and bounds in that department. Still average mind you but he wasn't a liability every shift. While I don't agree with Worst's idea that he would be an upgrade of Hammer I do buy into the idea that he would be an upgrade over Klein. That being said I don't wan thim back here.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 12:28 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
anyways on topic.
If we got Zidlicky free sure but we will have to give up at-least a 2nd+ so a big NTY for me
I don't think we'd have to give up a second AND a prospect, maybe one or the other. GMs have seen teams get burned on trades like the Hossa deal vs. trades like the Guerin deal.

Quote:
Car:UFA
Ray Whitney: likely cost us our first or 2nd+ mid level $al= about 800k left to be paid at the deadline (think my math is right here)
Matt Cullen: have on Goc so nty
Joe Corvo: I agree we need a shut down D man not all offense.
Aaron Ward: Would come cheep and 600k left to be paid.. that being said from my self NTY better out there
I'd like to add Whitney, but like I said earlier, he wants to stay.

Corvo has rounded out his game since the move from Ottawa and logged a ton of shorthanded time while in the lineup. The problem is that calf laceration that will keep him out until about a week or so before the deadline. It also degrades his value, so we might get a good deal on him and he would be a great fit.

I also don't agree with the idea that we need a strictly defensive defenseman like Shaone Morrisonn. The fact that we're putting Francis Bouillon on the power play is an atrocity against power plays everywhere. We need a guy that can play in all situations.

Quote:
EDM:UFA
Fernando Pisani: pass
Rest are ether RFA or have contract beyond this year..
I'd like to get my hands on Grebeshkov, though, if they really are looking to trade the guy.

Quote:
TOR:UFA
Lee Stempniak: 3rd+ prospect? 600k left to be paid.. Id like to get him but thats just me
Alexei Ponikarovsky: This is what we need! 2nd+ about 500k left to be paid this would be my main interest at the deadline
Matt Stajan: Nty
Jamal Mayers:nty
Garnet Exelby:nty
Jonas Frogren:nty
Ponikarovsky would be an excellent addition. He's a great two-way forward with size and goal-scoring ability. I'm just not sure what he would command. I guess it depends on how well Burke and Poile have gotten along over the past few months in putting together the U.S. Olympic team.

Quote:
STL:UFA
Keith Tkachuk: 2nd+ 600k left to be paid. not sure how i feel about this.. think id pass
Paul Kariya: 1st+ 1.3 left to be paid ... if we wanna make a big move then yes..
Carlo Colaiacovo: need Def D
No interest in Kariya whatsoever. He has been playing well for the last month or so, but he disappears come playoff time. Tkachuk has a NTC and won't waive it to come here. Colaiacovo would be okay, but there are a few better options available. I'd take him if it came down to it, but he's not my first choice.

Quote:
CBJ:Ufa
Fredrik Modin: Nty
Raffi Torres: 3rd+ 500k left to be paid.. not sure here but think id like it
I don't think Torres makes us a much better team, but even then, a trade between Nashville and Columbus is less likely than a sanctioned marriage between a Capulet and a Montague.

Quote:
Other players:
Shaone Morrisonn Wash: 3rd+ 500k left to be paid.. I think hes just what we need
I disagree. As I said earlier, we need a defenseman that can jump in on the second unit power play instead of Bouillon.

The other option we have is Dennis Seidenberg, who is the absolute perfect fit for what we need, but I don't think he's going to be available at the deadline. If he is, I'd be all over a trade for him.

Old
01-12-2010, 10:55 PM
PredDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Patty > Dave, and it's not even close
First of all, let me just start off by saying that I am offended. Predanerd, I have been stewing on your comment above for nearly two days. And, I couldn't let this go...

What's your problem with me, dude / dudette? You don't know ME! Please explain why Patty is so much greater than I could ever be??? Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post

Sigh on so many levels.
Can't believe you would say that to Patty...
And the second part is laughable.
Stranger, your post didn't upset me as much. If you believe Hamhuis & Klein are above average d-men, we can simply agree to disagree. No problem. I'll keep on lurking and respect your opinions...

But, I was being supportive and borderline defensive to Patty's message. I thought she was attacking you guys (maybe she was being funny or joking???) when she said she lost all respect and was *through* with this board.

I know the NP.com boards is allegedly an elite clique and for that reason, I have preferred to frequent this board for 7 years (lurking much more than I post). Maybe I should just leave too?

I love hockey, support the Preds wholeheartedly, and that's all that matters. What you guys think of fellow posters disappoints me, but I'm over it (now that I have made my peace).

Go Preds!

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 04:13 AM
OpenWheel

I think you're the better poster preddave, for one because you're still here and the other isn't. Sometimes you get credit just for being in the game.

I was thinking your "door" comment because I didn't know how else to respond when someone said cya to a forum because they disagreed with an evaluation and opinion. And they also mocked the poster they disagreed with. Seemed a bit whacky, and out of line, to me. But I didn't post my thought. You beat me to it.

K, I'll try to be civil. Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 01-13-2010 at 04:23 AM.
OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 02:35 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
False.

Disagree.

Fail.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 02:41 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
ugh. jumped into this thread late and posted a reply to WFMOE before i saw all the subsequent carnage.

I am a regular NP.com poster and only an occasional poster over here.

both boards have their share of well spoken knowledgable posters and both have their share of wasters of bandwidth.

read. post. or dont. but dont trash...

but dont try to tell me that it would be wise to bring back Zidlicky. Im not buying it.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
i havent been to the np board in years and am much better off for it. now, back to ze lounge!

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote