HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr Fights! Line-Brawl OMSK vs Chekkov

Old
01-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Ranger Angst

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #97 View Post
We have a close up of Jagr fighting Verot in this video. Also, in the last part of the brawl, I'm pretty much certain he jumps again in the mix after coming out from the box but can't find him in that mess.

Geez !! bench-clearing brawl. Don't even remeber the last one in the NHL.
The Russian announcer doesn't seem scandalized judging by the tone of his voice but maybe he is ; if someone understands Russian could you enlighten me ?
Is this common in the KHL ?? NIce find.

Ranger Angst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 12:09 PM
Blueblood 2

It is sad that money alone would drive an elite athelete to degrade himself in this manner. Playing before college boy size crowds in a league run by the Russian Mafia. Reminds me of punch drunk boxers, way past their prime, looking for another payday. Embarrassing.

Blueblood 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 12:23 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
fearlessness
Thats it

01-10-2010, 12:58 PM
King of cool
The winning hat

Quote:
The hearing about yesterday's brawl between Avangard and Vityaz took 7 hours. Each team got a "technical loss," according to SovSport

KHL's verdict also reads that Vityaz Chekhov will be thrown out of the KHL if the team is involved in another similar incident.

Avangard and Vityaz must both pay a fine of 4m rubles each. But only 1 Avangard player will miss the next game. Vityaz will be without 6.

Coaches are fined 50k rubles each. Sugden Verot, Vlasenkov and Svitov are fines 150k rubles each.

One Vityaz player confirmed to SovSport that a fight was in their plans, but a "one on one" and not a brawl.

Jaromir Jagr to SovSport: "Verot told me 'It's over' and I let him go. 2 seconds later he punched me in my face. It was cowardly."

Jagr to SovSport: "It is different in the NHL.A player would miss 20 games if he jumped off the bench when other were fighting." Jags 2 NHL?

According to Sovetsky Sport, KHL's 3m rubles fine to Vityaz was for "damages caused to KHL's reputation, its partners and Russian hockey."
http://twitter.com/dchesnokov

King of cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 01:38 PM
SgroiBoy*
Lolslanders Fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblood 2 View Post
It is sad that money alone would drive an elite athelete to degrade himself in this manner. Playing before college boy size crowds in a league run by the Russian Mafia. Reminds me of punch drunk boxers, way past their prime, looking for another payday. Embarrassing.
Jagr did like money a lot. Pretty sure he had some gambling problems at some point

SgroiBoy* is offline   Reply With Quote