HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Supposed Lee drama and trade rumor

Old
01-07-2010, 03:39 PM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Huh? You think Muckler made this pick without listening to his scouts? They were probably the ones who told him to take Lee. I'm sure he didn't ignore them and just go out on his own and take someone.
Exactly. TSN's Bob McKenzie was not Muckler's assistant or top scout.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 03:47 PM
TheBandWagon

I remember watching Lee getting drafted, and if i can remember correctly it wasnt an absolute shocker, ppl were surprised but it wasnt way out in left field. I remember TSN interviewing Mucks at the draft and asked him when they expected to see Lee in a sens uniform, and Mucks said we'll need him in two years the way the new NHL is headed...remember, this was a guy that the US world junior team picked over jack johnson. hindsight is 20/20 on picking him, but i dont see any reason in just throwin him under the bus

TheBandWagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 04:00 PM
ud

same guy that 100% guaranteed that heatley was traded to NYR

ud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Xspyrit

I would have been VERY VERY happy with the selection of Tuuka Rask with our 1st pick in 2005... I don't care if we used a 9th overall pick on a goalie, the 1st time i saw him play i knew he was going to be an Elite goalie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
So stupid. Tims worked very hard at making Bingo respectable
But it didn't work yet...

They did try well though, by bring some quality AHL players : St-Pierre, Keller, Brodeur... But our lack of good drafting in the past still hurts bad it seems : O'Brien, Daugavins don't have enough impact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Cowensson View Post
I still don't get why Fufr is so hard on Brian but is a fan of Tim. Brian has a big hand in Bingo as well, even if Tim is the one micromanaging. Still nice to see him recognize the Murrays' drafting.
Very simple. He linked a thread the other day where i saw him defending Muckler very hard. Then Muckler was fired and Murray took over. As Muckler's past decisions and accomplishments (Chara, Havlat, Gerber, drafting...) still hurts us a lot today, he now has an agenda against Murray, which is to say "this is all his fault"

But even if it was all Murray's fault, it's Muckler that brought Murray in the Sens organization...

Last edited by Xspyrit: 01-07-2010 at 11:33 PM.
Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Alfredsson11

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Huh? You think Muckler made this pick without listening to his scouts? They were probably the ones who told him to take Lee. I'm sure he didn't ignore them and just go out on his own and take someone.
Exactly. I don't think Muckler got the time to watch many US High School hockey games.

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 08:45 AM
enviro61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredsson11 View Post
Exactly. I don't think Muckler got the time to watch many US High School hockey games.
Possibly. Earlier this year, there was an article on the Chara or Redden decision. Murry stated that Muckler asked the coaching staff which one to keep and they all unanimously said Chara. Muckler then turned around and signed Redden instead.

For a top 10 pick, to go grab someone significantly lower than they were rated was at the very least an anomolie with the Lee draft pick. I don't know how often it happens in other years and it does seem like he was a Muckler boy given the way he has been handled by the current staff.

enviro61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 11:50 AM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

The bottom line is (2-way contract or not) that if Lee were playing better, he would take a job from Karlsson, Campoli, or Picard. He hasn't outplayed any of those guys and they have all struggled this year with consistency. It doesn't matter if he was a Muckler guy or a Murray guy, if he was lights-out better, then he would be on the big club. But he isn't.
Now the question is whether or not his development is being hampered. I don't think so, but he's getting very close to the fork in the road where one path leads to AHL lifer and the other to the NHL promised land.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-09-2010, 12:47 PM
The Expert
Registered Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl Cowensson View Post
I do think Cowen has a legitimate chance of making the team, but I think his presence makes Carkner slightly redundant on the back end.
I'm sorry, but what?

Cowen and Carkner really aren't much alike at all. Carkner is one of the toughest defenseman in the league, and we need him as our enforcer, a role he has played very well for us all year.

Cowen really isn't tough at all by comparison. Really, the only thing they have in common is size, and a supposed lack of offense, and even then we haven't seen Cowen at this level yet to make that conclusion.

The Expert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 05:28 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Nachbaur and Lee must have made up real fast. Lee is wearing an "A" for Bingo.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 05:32 PM
N Bahn Ahden

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandWagon View Post
I remember watching Lee getting drafted, and if i can remember correctly it wasnt an absolute shocker, ppl were surprised but it wasnt way out in left field. I remember TSN interviewing Mucks at the draft and asked him when they expected to see Lee in a sens uniform, and Mucks said we'll need him in two years the way the new NHL is headed...remember, this was a guy that the US world junior team picked over jack johnson. hindsight is 20/20 on picking him, but i dont see any reason in just throwin him under the bus
He was expected to go in the 20's, so while it wasn't a Blake Wheeler pick, it was pretty surprising. And him being picked over JJ has more to do with the incompetence of US Hockey at the time than Lee being good. He was clearly out of place at that tournament.

N Bahn Ahden is offline   Reply With Quote