HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Halak Rumour Thread (St.Louis? Philly? Dallas?)

Old
01-10-2010, 10:11 PM
92Rahman

vCash: 500
Halak Rumour Thread (St.Louis? Philly? Dallas?)

Perron vs Halak
Dimanche, 10 Janvier 2010
Par HOCKEY30.com

Selon le Edmonton sun, le Canadien de Montréal procédera à une transaction envoyant Jaroslav halak sous d'autres cieux.

On affirme que la valeur du Slovaque a monté en flèche depuis ses performances exceptionnelles et qu'il ne fait maintenant plus aucun doute qu'il représente un gardien numéro un de premier plan.

Le quotidien affirme que le Canadien serait intéressé à l'attaquant québécois David Perron.

Les Blues, eux, ont un besoin urgent devant le filet avec les vétérans Tu Conklin et Chris Mason qui ne font pas le travail. St-Louis seraient prêt à donner beaucoup pour obtenir Halak.

Le CH et les Blues auraient déjà eu des discussions à ce sujet. Bob Gainey aurait le beau jeu dans les négociations car pour l'instant, il ne ressent pas un sentiment d'urgence et veut être patient... contrairement aux Blues...

À suivre...

basically saying halak for perron because blues need a good young golatender to accomodate Ty COnklin and Chris mason

92Rahman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Fire Brunet*

It's a french name, Gainey's safe
Posted via Mobile Device

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:22 PM
Hermamoud

It's funny how the Canadiens have so many trade rumours associated with them when they're a team which keeps everything under wraps.

Hermamoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:23 PM
airlouche

I think it's a fair trade. Useful for both side.

airlouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:25 PM
habspinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermamoud View Post
It's funny how the Canadiens have so many trade rumours associated with them when they're a team which keeps everything under wraps.
That's because these sites need hits, and this is how they get those hits, by creating rumors about the Habs. Which by the way, I have never seen any of these rumor sites ever predict a Habs trade, ever.

habspinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Dirty Danglez
Take it like a Man

I think we need both goalies till the end of the season. Perron would be nice but we need a strong player to replace Akost. BACKES! i'd much rather have him.

Dirty Danglez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Max et Guillaume

I'm just curious, how is hockey30.com considered a "reliable source"? It was proven they actually make up and/or modify other news report and then post them on their on site (see Halak vs Carter rumour)...

And Perron has always had gigantic behaviour issues. Does anyone think he would work well in Montreal? He'd be Guillaume x100...

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Halak for Ovechkin

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:28 PM
scottyG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
Halak for Ovechkin
Overpayment by Montreal, Washighton would have to add a first round pick.

scottyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post
I'm just curious, how is hockey30.com considered a "reliable source"? It was proven they actually make up and/or modify other news report and then post them on their on site (see Halak vs Carter rumour)...

And Perron has always had gigantic behaviour issues. Does anyone think he would work well in Montreal? He'd be Guillaume x100...
Hockey30.com is not considered a credible source here on HFBoards. How ever I've been given a "credible" source which backs this up. This isn't so much a rumour as it is a suggestion.

http://lejournaldemontreal.canoe.ca/...10-140155.html

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-10-2010 at 11:29 PM.
Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 11:05 PM
canadian_man_44

How about Price and Halak for Miller, Vanek and Tyler Myers, OR Price and Halak for Fleury and Malkin....that way all the BS Price vs Halak threads could stop.

canadian_man_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 11:14 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max et Guillaume View Post

I'll take a talented guy with gigantic behaviour issues like Perron on our top-6 right now way before a boyscout who can't score to save his life like Pacioretty 10 times out of times in our current situation.

I just laugh at how people are touchy and are always saying the proposed return for Halak is not enough for us. What the hell are you waiting for exactly in exchange of an unproven goaltender? You'll get an unproven player. And if this unproven player is Perron, it would be a great, great deal for Gainey, and it would be a case of great assets management.

I would even be willing to bet a lot that this is just a bunch of made up crap. There's no way St. Louis' GM is crazy enough to give us Perron in exchange of Halak.

I repeat it people, don't expect much more than a 50th pick in this draft for Halak.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 11:17 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam A Larry View Post
I'll take a talented guy with gigantic behaviour issues like Perron on our top-6 right now way before a boyscout who can't score to save his life like Pacioretty 10 times out of times in our current situation.

I just laugh at how people are touchy and are always saying the proposed return for Halak is not enough for us. What the hell are you waiting for exactly in exchange of an unproven goaltender? You'll get an unproven player. And if this unproven player is Perron, it would be a great, great deal for Gainey, and it would be a case of great assets management.
Exactly. If Gainey landed Perron, I'd be very happy.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 11:18 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Hockey30.com is not considered a credible source here on HFBoards. How ever I've been given a "credible" source which backs this up. This isn't so much a rumour as it is a suggestion.

Site doesn't work for me.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 11:20 PM
OneSharpMarble

I said it before, Perron is the Blues 2nd leading scorer and is 21yrs old. Would you trade A.Kost for Halak? Didn't think so. If the Blues wanted Halak they could send Gainey a 2nd rounder + Conklin at most.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Sandvich
VERY NICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post

Sandvich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 11:26 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
I said it before, Perron is the Blues 2nd leading scorer and is 21yrs old. Would you trade A.Kost for Halak? Didn't think so. If the Blues wanted Halak they could send Gainey a 2nd rounder + Conklin at most.
Given how low they are in the standings, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Conklin has a lot of experience and I'd like to have him as our backup for the next few years.

Plus, having a pick in the 30-40 range would help us big time...

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 11:29 PM
Max et Guillaume

[QUOTE=Cam A Larry;23127301I just laugh at how people are touchy and are always saying the proposed return for Halak is not enough for us. What the hell are you waiting for exactly in exchange of an unproven goaltender? You'll get an unproven player. And if this unproven player is Perron, it would be a great, great deal for Gainey, and it would be a case of great assets management.[/QUOTE]

Don't get me wrong, I'm not implying the return is not enough. We all agree the Blues would never pull the plug on this, and I would be more than happy to get him in return for Halak. I'm just saying, long term I'm not sure how he would develop here in Mtl.

History has proven that goalies, especially "unproven" goalies won't get you a huge return. We're better off waiting for him to sign an offer sheet in the summer and get a 1st and 3rd in return... way more than we would ever get on the open market IMO.

Is there a huge controversy in Boston? Chicago? We have 2 excellent goalies... we should be celebrating...

Max et Guillaume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 11:30 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
It should work now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
Thanks Sandvich.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Les partenaires logiques pour un éventuel échange sont Detroit (bien que le jeu de Jimmy Howard pourrait changer la donne) et St. Louis (l'attaquant des Blues David Perron serait une belle cible dans ce cas).
That's the only part where they talk about Halak and being traded. The only important part of that is in parenthesis (brackets) and all it says is "The St. Louis Blues' forward, David Perron would be a good choice in this case"

So, where's the rumour ? This is just the journalist saying that David Perron (French newspaper, French team, French player...) Would be a good option... no rumour here... I'm not French and French is very confusing. (Prochaine vendredi actually means this Friday...whatever.) so I could be mistaken, but to me there's no rumour whatsoever.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 11:54 PM
coolasprICE

On Streit to boot

Last edited by coolasprICE: 01-11-2010 at 12:58 AM.
coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 11:56 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Perron is a great talent. This trade would be a no-brainer for Gainey, even if Perron is an RFA next year. His 24 pts in 44 pts as we speak is not going to get him a big raise. All this said though, St. Louis's big problem this year hasn't been goaltending, its been goal scoring.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 12:09 AM
llamateizer

its an excellent trade
young 6"0
24pts

it wont be done though...

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 12:19 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by airlouche View Post
I think it's a fair trade. Useful for both side.
Yes, and then we'll trade Perron for Sam Gagner.
After which we'll trade Cedric Desjardins for Patrick Kane+Niemi.

Kane-Gagner-S.Kost will then be reunited and they'll combine for just under 400pts like they did in Juniors.

Gainey will be crowned Embassador of the Universe by season's end.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 12:41 AM
NewHabsEra*

it makes a ton of sense, maybe too much to be true.. I could see St-Louis and MTL as trading partner but we will see..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote