HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Schremp gets 1st Career Goal

Old
01-10-2010, 07:28 PM
guymez
The Seldom Seen Kid

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datsun View Post
Interesting input.

How about some balance from another NYI fan just in case people here don't see the Islander board?

Quote:
But he's also a poster who puts incredible thought into his posts. I've seen him post often on the main board, and he's one of the most knowledgeable and consitent members of these boards. Nothing's wrong with giving people here what the DSF's of other boards are saying. It gives more balance in terms of what Islander fans have their eye on, don't you think?
Couldn't agree more.
The balance and reason Trottier articulated in that post was an absolute pleasure to read.
Thanks for posting that Datsun.

guymez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 07:33 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
But he's also a poster who puts incredible thought into his posts. I've seen him post often on the main board, and he's one of the most knowledgeable and consitent members of these boards. Nothing's wrong with giving people here what the DSF's of other boards are saying. It gives more balance in terms of what Islander fans have their eye on, don't you think?
Fair enough, but I find it a bit hypocritical to take the most conflicting opinion of what was said by the fan that wandered over here. There are fans and haters there like there are here, that said theer seems to be more Schremp fans there than there are Horcoff fans here!

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Senor Catface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Fair enough, but I find it a bit hypocritical to take the most conflicting opinion of what was said by the fan that wandered over here. There are fans and haters there like there are here, that said theer seems to be more Schremp fans there than there are Horcoff fans here!
I posted his opinion because like I said, he's a very well-spoken and articulate poster. Wouldn't you rather have someone one a side of the debate that has those attributes rather than "Schremp sux111!!!"? I thought by posting one of the more fleshed out opinions it would give fans a better idea instead of a one-line insult of the player.

Senor Catface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 09:09 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
I posted his opinion because like I said, he's a very well-spoken and articulate poster. Wouldn't you rather have someone one a side of the debate that has those attributes rather than "Schremp sux111!!!"? I thought by posting one of the more fleshed out opinions it would give fans a better idea instead of a one-line insult of the player.
Fair enough, I'm just saying that by quoting someone who couldn't stand the player before he stepped foot on the ice for his team may not exactly be an unbiased opinion.

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 12:08 AM
the word*

Quote:
Fair enough, I'm just saying that by quoting someone who couldn't stand the player before he stepped foot on the ice for his team may not exactly be an unbiased opinion.
...and your bias? Just how many of your 27,000 + posts are about one Robbie Schremp? How you can talk about others' bias is beyond my comprehension. Tomorrow you will go about Schremp being 'water under the bridge.' 'I'm over it; I'm not on a mission or anything of the sort... I'm only slightly interested because...[insert infinity of reasons here]'

I would really like to hear what you think your post count is when tallying up everything regarding Schremp. I wonder if you would grossly underestimate the number. I'm really very interested.

the word* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 03:07 AM
alanschu

Quote:
Trottier openly admits his bias in his post. He obviously isn't unbiased, and his his own personal metrics by which he evaluates players. As he stated in the post.

alanschu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 06:23 AM
harpoon
FOB

Quote:
Well spoken and articulate people are a dime a dozen . You chose his post because it was one you agreed with . Be honest .

His post says that Yashin is " not a quality NHLer " . Gotta wonder about his eye for talent after reading that . Yashin may not be much these days , but he scored more than thirty goals six times ( forty plus goals twice ) and was almost a point per game player over twelve NHL seasons .

Before anyone tells me to look at his career plus minus stats , I'll point out that more than half of his career minus came in his first season in the NHL . After that he was a plus player more often than not .

May not like the way Yashin played the game but he was clearly an NHL talent . Schremp could only dream of having that career .

harpoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Eytinge

Wow NYIschremp44 has some sort of weird crush on sugartits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIschremp44 View Post
Creepy.

Eytinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 08:33 AM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneAgeWitt View Post
1) Josh Bailey is one of the Islanders most talented young players, and he most certainly does not play on the fourth line. He plays 2nd line wing for the Islanders.

2) Rob Schremp is one of the Isles hardest working players right now, and is really starting to come around. Schremp alternates between the 1st - 3rd lines, seeing powerplay time. He has the coach's confidence, and that is hard to come by with Gordon. He is not easy on our young players.

Don't undermine Bailey and/or Schremp. Fourth line players they are not.
haha oh boy:

1) he sure was with Sim and Schremp the other night against the Avs. 10:44 of ice time for Sim. 13 for Schremp (because of the PP boost). 12 for Bailey. call it what you want. which line "number" they are doesnt matter anyway - minutes do. and their minutes for that night were 'low'. not "typical" fourth line minutes (below 10) but the lines were rolled fairly more even. if youre going to rank it, there was probably a first line, and a bunch of 3a, 3b, 3c lines MINUTES wise.

2) i watched enough Schremp to see his work ethic. hes trying to maintain a job. he better be working hard because he doesnt have enough clout around the league to slack off. he worked hard with the Oilers too before being dropped.

youre too worried about ranking players into pigeonholes to defend your "boys". "they are not this ... " no kidding, id hope Bailey at his age and draft position isnt considered a "FOURTH LINER" yet. time for Fan Boy therapy.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Antidote

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanschu View Post
Trottier openly admits his bias in his post. He obviously isn't unbiased, and his his own personal metrics by which he evaluates players. As he stated in the post.
This is correct! He defends his admitted biases thoughtfully and capably. If Schremp against odds worked out in the Islanders rebuild scheme, he'd be a happy guy and would say so.

Antidote is offline   Reply With Quote