Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Whats wrong with the tigers?

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2004, 01:13 PM
bruins_19

vCash: 500
Whats wrong with the tigers?

as last years WHL champion, Medicine Hat came out flying this year and even was one of the top 3 teams early in the season. I recently have seen that they have lost multiple games in a row and just recently lost to the dreadful Moose Jaw Warriors. Can someone tell me what has happened to this team!

Old
12-14-2004, 01:42 PM
Avery4Byng*

Back to reality?

Old
12-18-2004, 06:50 AM
Big Cat Davo

Nasty

Nasty has alway been mediocre at best, I have no idea where those shutouts came from. Barker is in my opinion, one of the most over rated players in the league. Tigers are very small up front and as the seaon wears on it will beign to show. I say that once they get some rest over the Christmas break the will come out strong through most of January, then fold up shop down the streach. Unless they trade for some size and strength up front.

Dave

Old
12-27-2004, 11:38 PM
gibber1600

They lost there top 3 players from last year and no one is picking up the slack. 2 Players are in the US for the juniors as well.

Old
12-29-2004, 12:44 PM
Big Cat Davo

Bah

Losing players from Last season has nothing to do with the slide after the quick start. The truth is they are not as good as their amazing start led people, especially Tiger fans to beleive.

Dave

Old
01-02-2005, 06:23 PM
Peter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Cat Davo
Losing players from Last season has nothing to do with the slide after the quick start. The truth is they are not as good as their amazing start led people, especially Tiger fans to beleive.

Dave
Not entirely true.

While it is very true that the Tigers played many weak opponents in their opening season run of wins they also played very well defensively.

The number one reason they went into a funk, and I put this squarely at the feet of their coach, is the over playment of goalie Nastiuk. The coach played the kid in three back to back games...twice!!! There were games where the coach should have rested Nastiuk and played Keetley but chose not to. In fact, one of the reasons Nastiuk did not make Team Canada was because he was so worn out...he needed a rest.

Right now, the Tigers have put four wins in a row and that is without having McArthur and Barker....

Barker is being missed big time on the power play but other than that the Tiger's defence is holding it together...Kris Russel is amazing.

There is no doubt in my mind that Moore will make a trade or two and it might mean the trade of Barker....getting us a couple of young 16 year olds plus a decent veteran d-man....and we need to add at least one more scorer which will likely come with the trade of goalie back-up Keetley.

Old
01-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Big Cat Davo

Interesting

An interesting take. I agree that Kris Russel is an excellent player, and the D as a whole from what I have been told, have been very solid, that being said, defensively, I feel the lack of Barker is a plus. However, as you pointed out Barker is a big key to the offence. If the Tigers are ready to make a real run at the Memorial Cup they will need to pair off some the the talented youth and fill gaps. Add some size up front. Barker will certainly net some youth, but I think they will keep him around for this season. He will need another year in the Dub, and will not be with the Hawks. the question is why would the Tigers want youth, when most feel they are in a good position to make another Cup run.

Dave

Closed Thread