HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

The new HF Oil fashion

Old
01-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

vCash: 500
The new HF Oil fashion

Well it seems that proposals are what all the cool kids are doing these days so I am going to succumb to the peer pressure and "just do it." - (This message brought to you by the wonderful people of Nike, please buy our olympic hockey jerseys)

My proposal goes like this:

Darryl Katz to the Oilers = Government

Many people on here want to give the gears of this mess to KLowe and Tamby which is rightfully deserved. But no one ever talks about the messiah of this hockey club, batman himself Mr. Katz. If a new management team is ever brought in they need to sign a contract that includes "laissez faire" clause. As we have seen with other clubs poor ownership (NYI, Tampa) an owner who wants to be more than just an owner spells bad news for the team.

Katz needs to sit back and enjoy his investment and leave it to the management team of his choice.

Reimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 09:57 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Wow is Katz seen as that much of a Masiah to you people?

I put at least half the blame on Katz for the prolonged Heatley debacle. The guy single handedly wanted Georges back and would ahve paid him the 1.5-2.0 that Montreal is paying him. He was right in there on trying to sign Hossa to that ****** contract. At least with that contract we wouldn't ahve Horc's. His first move was to approve Horc's contract.

When it comes to getting involved in player movement I think Katz is right there in the thick of it.

Old
01-12-2010, 10:11 AM
SlowFreshOil*

Katz is the proverbial jock sniffer, that's for sure. But, he's also passionate and I'm sure, quite pissed off about where all of his teams are sitting right now.

He's partly to blame. At the same time though, he probably thought Lowe and the rest of the team were the right guys for the job considering where they took the team in '06.

SlowFreshOil* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:14 AM
OmegaTheory

I stoped caring a while ago.

OmegaTheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:21 AM
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowFreshOil View Post
Katz is the proverbial jock sniffer, that's for sure. But, he's also passionate and I'm sure, quite pissed off about where all of his teams are sitting right now.

He's partly to blame. At the same time though, he probably thought Lowe and the rest of the team were the right guys for the job considering where they took the team in '06.
Either if we get new management they must only accept the job if Katz promises to sit back. Look what ownership is doing for teams like Tampa, has done to teams like the Isles. If it wasn't for Wang, DiPietro wouldn't have that ridiculous contract.

Now that I look at it, Hossa would have a pretty horrid contract with the Oil because of Katz chasing big fish. Katz was eager to make his mark on this club and that is probably why he was eager to put the stamp on Horcs contract after missing on Hossa. Lowe is still to blame for the contract but Katz is essentially a control in the process who probably should have rasied a few questions, which he may have I really have no clue. But there was no advantage of signing Horcoff that that big of a contract at that point in time. I would think that the billionaire businessman would have been able to raise a few reasonable questions.