HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Blinded by the Light" Nashville @ Vancouver

Old
01-12-2010, 01:25 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4050
hockey is cool*

Last edited by jstreet: 01-12-2010 at 01:26 AM. Reason: [nevermind, lets just all be nice and appreciate the win]
jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:26 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Whatever happened, without Arnott in the lineup and at the start of this long road trip (7 of next 8 on the road), I'll take the two points and sleep happy tonight knowing that there is still a lot of room for improvement as the season progresses.

Just another great night to be a Predators' fan!!!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:27 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canucks5551 View Post
Seriously? I'm as pissed as anyone about how that third period went down and I'm about ready to lead an angry mob against Auger and Larue about now, but comments like this are uncalled for. There's no grand reffing conspiracy, just simple incompetence in its truest form.
Thank you, I appreciate your comment. You are absolutely right. The officiating was awful on both sides. It started out rough against the preds but after Sedin dry humped ellis (as someone else put it) the refs turned their hammer on the canucks the rest of the game. It happens.

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:44 AM
Canucks5551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Thank you, I appreciate your comment. You are absolutely right. The officiating was awful on both sides. It started out rough against the preds but after Sedin dry humped ellis (as someone else put it) the refs turned their hammer on the canucks the rest of the game. It happens.
Well, I may be wrong about it being simple incompetence in light of Burrows' comments. Even if true though, it's still not a grand conspiracy to help expansion teams but a personal vendetta against an individual player.

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:45 AM
Win One Before I Die
Former Booth Fan

Send a message via MSN to Win One Before I Die
This was a good game until the refs decided to take over.

Apparently one of the refs told Burrows that, from a previous game Burrows faked an injury to get a penalty drawn, and the ref said he would get him back for making him look bad.

If this is true the ref should be fired.

He ruined a good game. Not from a Canucks perspective but a hockey fan perspective.

This was a 2-2 game going to overtime possibly, but seriously, where was the actual penalty on Burrows? Is this the NBA? Since when is going to the net a penalty?

Take it how you want Predator fans, but you can't lie to yourselves, that Burrows call was trash. Had it happened to your team you woulda been outraged as well.

Win One Before I Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:51 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataklysm666 View Post
This was a good game until the refs decided to take over.

Apparently one of the refs told Burrows that, from a previous game Burrows faked an injury to get a penalty drawn, and the ref said he would get him back for making him look bad.

If this is true the ref should be fired.

He ruined a good game. Not from a Canucks perspective but a hockey fan perspective.

This was a 2-2 game going to overtime possibly, but seriously, where was the actual penalty on Burrows? Is this the NBA? Since when is going to the net a penalty?

Take it how you want Predator fans, but you can't lie to yourselves, that Burrows call was trash. Had it happened to your team you woulda been outraged as well.
Nah, we would be used to it by now. That is beside the point. Officiating was bad both ways, sorry if you don't see it that way. And as for Burrows' allegations, I honestly couldn't give less of a flying you know what. He is by far my most hated player in the league. Reputation calls happen all the time around the league, and this is probably one of those cases. If you deny that they happen, you haven't been watching hockey. I understand your frustration, but at the same time I find it somewhat comical considering the refs were bad both ways.

I seem to remember one game where Burrows leapt into the air and nailed JP in the head. No penalty. I seem to remember a time when Burrows pulled a grown man's hair like a little girl. I seem to remember a time when Burrows faked injury in order for a player to get a five minute major. Looks like Burrows rep caught up with him tonight.

Old
01-12-2010, 02:03 AM
Win One Before I Die
Former Booth Fan

Send a message via MSN to Win One Before I Die
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Nah, we would be used to it by now. That is beside the point. Officiating was bad both ways, sorry if you don't see it that way. And as for Burrows' allegations, I honestly couldn't give less of a flying you know what. He is by far my most hated player in the league. Reputation calls happen all the time around the league, and this is probably one of those cases. If you deny that they happen, you haven't been watching hockey. I understand your frustration, but at the same time I find it somewhat comical considering the refs were bad both ways.

I seem to remember one game where Burrows leapt into the air and nailed JP in the head. No penalty. I seem to remember a time when Burrows pulled a grown man's hair like a little girl. I seem to remember a time when Burrows faked injury in order for a player to get a five minute major. Looks like Burrows rep caught up with him tonight.
Its obvious that Burrows has a reputation. But is it fair to make ghost calls on a player with less than 5 minutes left in a game? Enjoy your courtesy points.

Win One Before I Die is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 02:05 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

That was a huge two points, but I think we could have earned it on our own. We were playing pretty well, and Ellis made some great saves to get us the win.

Denis LaRue is a horrible referee. Surely there have to be guys better than this guy in the AHL.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 02:16 AM
braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outraged666 View Post
But is it fair to make ghost calls on a player with less than 5 minutes left in a game? Enjoy your courtesy points.
So it was more fair to make a ghost call on Ellis that allowed the Canuck PP that tied the game at 2-2?????? You forgot to mention the entire body of crappy work turned in by the refs tonight... one free goal to each side doesn't equl "courtesy points". Or maybe you think the Ward short handed goal on a terrible botched call on Legwand isn't fair either? I missed your posts early in the game lamenting the phantom calls that were going in your favor.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 04:34 AM
thejlb*

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
So it was more fair to make a ghost call on Ellis that allowed the Canuck PP that tied the game at 2-2?????? You forgot to mention the entire body of crappy work turned in by the refs tonight... one free goal to each side doesn't equl "courtesy points". Or maybe you think the Ward short handed goal on a terrible botched call on Legwand isn't fair either? I missed your posts early in the game lamenting the phantom calls that were going in your favor.
It's always the refs are against the team we are playing that night. You are exactly correct the 2nd goal for the Canucks was from a bs penalty. Glad someone brought that up. The refs decided they were gonna call everything. It happens. Trust me when I say the Predators have had our fair share of bs penalties.

Either way you look at it Wardo still scored on Luongo short handed. I say that pretty much tells it all right there. You guys are lucky you got out of there with Henrik Sedin still able to walk. I was hoping Weber would take a game misconduct at that moment, luckily he has a better thought process then me.

thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 06:54 AM
Bougieman

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
That was a huge two points, but I think we could have earned it on our own.
I agree. Let them know what you think of the corrupt and very damaging actions of Mr Auger at the game tonight:
http://www.nhlofficials.com/contact.asp

If enough of us spend a couple minutes each to write a few words and get our concerns across, it'll be harder to ignore. Personally, I have never seen anything this bad from a ref in 26 years of watching the game. Making a mistake or missing a play or whatever is simply being human, a personal vendetta is another thing all together. Auger needs to have corrective action taken against him.

Bougieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 08:37 AM
GravelTheOne

Why Dumont didn't get the goal or a pass on the Jones goal ? He didn't touch the puck ?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2009020678

From this angle, he seems to clearly deflect the puck ... did you see a better angle ?

GravelTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 09:26 AM
MemphisMTLfan

Meh, crappy way to win a game but it is a W. We've lost due to bad calls and refs getting in the way. Every team has been there done that. Officiating has got to improve. Ridiculous.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 09:54 AM
RollingPredFan

It was crap calls, no doubt, if I were a Canucks fan I'd be ticked. Looks like Burrows is getting some calls like Tootoo gets. Shame is it was a good game, but the ticky tack calls kinda ruined it. NHL on the fly only showed the ones against Vancouver though, not the Ellis penalty which resulted in the tied game. I am happy with the win anyways, they played much better. I don't know our road/home win percentage but it seems like we play a lot better on the road for some reason....

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

crappy calls happen all the time. In this case they went both ways. End of story.

Old
01-12-2010, 10:10 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
couldn't have happened to a better person and a better team.

Burrows sucks and so does the Nucks team. The only thing that does not make me hate this entire team is Ehrhoff. Otherwise, if all of them never played a NHL game again, I wouldn't miss any of them.

That being said. Big win, which is something I did not expect at all. Our special teams finally pull out a win for us. And it could not have come at a better time.

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Soundgarden

Horrible officiating, but everybody knows that already. Nice to see us get a shorthanded and a powerplay goal. What the hell is up with Erat's name by the way, he didn't correct us for how many years?

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:50 AM
RollingPredFan

Yeah it is strange, even watching the commercial he is in for United Way he pronounced it the wrong way! I guess is kinda like when people call me Scottie,(my name is Scott thank you) it annoys me, but I never say anything.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 11:04 AM
volzok

Referees aside, this was a very entertaining game. It was good to see the Preds come out with some intensity and act like they wanted to win, knowing they couldn't wait til the 3rd again to show up. I look forward to see if they come out that way again tonight against Edmonton and not think 2 points are a given.

I don't really want to talk about the officiating. It was terrible. If there is a conspiracy, that needs to be handled immediately. But on the same front, if it's true than I feel Burrows shouldn't blast in the media and just take it to the league. I feel it's sour grapes.

The Erat thing is funny to me. Do the Preds lead the league in guys who have changed the pronunciation of his name in the last 10 years?

volzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:24 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
What the hell is up with Erat's name by the way, he didn't correct us for how many years?
I must have missed that... What happened?

Old
01-12-2010, 12:27 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
I must have missed that... What happened?
Pete and Terry inspired a new drinking game,c alled,

"how many times in one game can they tell us that martin E-RAT is now martin AIR-ROT"

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:39 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4050
Who wants to bet that we get hammered with phantom penalties all night in Edmonton?

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:47 PM
volzok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
Who wants to bet that we get hammered with phantom penalties all night in Edmonton?
I wouldn't be surprised, but why should the Preds be victim tonight after what happened last. My guess is the penalties will be over the top or the whistle will barely blow.

volzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:11 PM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post

"how many times in one game can they tell us that martin E-RAT is now martin AIR-ROT"
Damn. I vowed not to drink ever again after not remembering New Years Eve Eve. I know it won't stick but I'd like to hit at least 2 weeks!

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:42 PM
utmfisher19

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post

LoL. Oooooo, I mute them for reasons such as that.

Thanks.

I agree about us getting some awful officiating in tonight's game versus Edmonton. We don't want an entire provinces pissed off at Nashville more than they already are.