HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

New York Rangers All Decade Team - Head Coach

View Poll Results: New York Rangers All Decade Team - Head Coach
Ron Low 2 2.25%
Bryan Trottier 1 1.12%
Glen Sather 0 0%
Tom Renney 78 87.64%
John Tortorella 8 8.99%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-12-2010, 10:37 AM
  #1
ogie
Registered User
 
ogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Staten Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,271
vCash: 500
New York Rangers All Decade Team - Head Coach

We are quickly approaching the end of the first decade of the 21st Century. It is time for us the fans to pick who we would want as our All-Decade Team. In the next few weeks 22 polls will be posted to fill the team. 13 Forwards, 7 defense man and 2 goalies will be chosen.

The Final Poll will be for Head Coach

Starting Goaltender: Henrik Lundqvist
Backup Goalie: Mike Richter

First Line Center: Michael Nylander
First Line RW: Jaromir Jagr
First Line LW: Martin Straka

Second Line Center: Eric Lindros
Second Line RW: Marian Gaborik
Second Line LW: Brendan Shanahan

Third Line Center: Petr Nedved
Third Line RW: Pavel Bure
Third Line LW: Martin Rucinsky

Fourth Line Center: Mark Messier
Fourth Line RW: Theoren Fleury
Fourth Line LW: Sean Avery

13th Forward: Ryan Callahan

First Pair Defenseman: Brian Leetch
First Pair Defenseman: Marc Staal

Second Pair Defenseman: Michal Rozsival
Second Pair Defenseman: Fedor Tyutin

Third Pair Defenseman: Darius Kasparaitis
Third Pair Defenseman: Dan Girardi

7th Defenseman: OPEN

Head Coach: OPEN

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:42 AM
  #2
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,868
vCash: 500
Awards:
Renney. No contest here.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:43 AM
  #3
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Yeah Renney will win this in a landslide of landslides.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:46 AM
  #4
we want cup
We do not Sow
 
we want cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 10,644
vCash: 500
Gotta be Tommy boy.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:47 AM
  #5
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,636
vCash: 500
You needed to waste time and space for this easy answer poll?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 11:11 AM
  #6
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,868
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
You needed to waste time and space for this easy answer poll?
Well now we get to find out who hates Renney enough to vote for Tortorella.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 11:41 AM
  #7
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Well now we get to find out who hates Renney enough to vote for Tortorella.
Rags, mcAlfie...and probably more of the usual suspects

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 11:41 AM
  #8
FLYLine24*
 
FLYLine24*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,102
vCash: 500
Ronny...I went there.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 11:56 AM
  #9
ogie
Registered User
 
ogie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Staten Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,271
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
You needed to waste time and space for this easy answer poll?
Yes... yes i did. Don't make me post a poll for GM as well.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:00 PM
  #10
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
Yes... yes i did. Don't make me post a poll for GM as well.
What happens when this is all done? Do we get a prize?

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:16 PM
  #11
MrAlfie
 
MrAlfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Rehab
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Rags, mcAlfie...and probably more of the usual suspects
Weren't you the one who claimed to be mature? Do you really need to play these little games at 35 years of age?

Let's turn this game around and call everyone who votes for Renney a Renney lover that doesn't see that Renney, as far as coaching goes has skills that are inferior to Tortorella.

I can only reiterate that I find it highly amusing that people claim Renney was the reason we made it to the playoffs.
I'll say it again, we made the playoffs despite Renney thanks to Jagr and his posse and Lundqvist.
The best coach on this list to me is easily Tortorella, therefore he gets my vote.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:20 PM
  #12
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
Weren't you the one who claimed to be mature? Do you really need to play these little games at 35 years of age?

Let's turn this game around and call everyone who votes for Renney a Renney lover that doesn't see that Renney, as far as coaching goes has skills that are inferior to Tortorella.

I can only reiterate that I find it highly amusing that people claim Renney was the reason we made it to the playoffs.
I'll say it again, we made the playoffs despite Renney thanks to Jagr and his posse and Lundqvist.
The best coach on this list to me is easily Tortorella, therefore he gets my vote.
What game? You haters picked Torts as best of the decade, which is laughable, and i'm calling you out. Don't take the poll if you cant handle the criticism


Last edited by Bluenote13: 01-12-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:34 PM
  #13
MrAlfie
 
MrAlfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Rehab
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
What game? You fools picked Torts as best of the decade, which is laughable, and i'm calling you out. Don't take the poll if you cant handle the criticism
Just as laughable as picking Renney who benefitted greatly of Jagrs presence who along with his peers saved Renney's ass over and over again.

Seriously do you really have to insult everybody that differs from your opinion?

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:36 PM
  #14
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired
 
SingnBluesOnBroadway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 29,802
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
Just as laughable as picking Renney who benefitted greatly of Jagrs presence who along with his peers saved Renney's ass over and over again.

Seriously do you really have to insult everybody that differs from your opinion?
Benefited from Jagr? Where would Torts be without Gaborik?

__________________
SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:39 PM
  #15
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
Just as laughable as picking Renney who benefitted greatly of Jagrs presence who along with his peers saved Renney's ass over and over again.

Seriously do you really have to insult everybody that differs from your opinion?
This shouldnt be opinion, Renney was the NYR coach of the decade, period(.) There is no case for Torts cause he was here for less than a year at the end of the decade. You insult everyone on this board by claiming Renney did nothing and it was two players responsible for everything this team did.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:43 PM
  #16
Celestial Black
Registered User
 
Celestial Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,824
vCash: 500
Definitely Renney

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:45 PM
  #17
wa2k99
Registered User
 
wa2k99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: St. Charles IL
Posts: 1,249
vCash: 500
How does Bryan Trottier get a single vote?

wa2k99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:46 PM
  #18
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa2k99 View Post
How does Bryan Trottier get a single vote?
An Ottawa Sens fan voted for him.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:47 PM
  #19
MrAlfie
 
MrAlfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Rehab
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Benefited from Jagr? Where would Torts be without Gaborik?
From Jagr's presence and his peers like I stated twice. Straka-Nylander-Jagr was the best first line this team had since a looooong time. Where would Renney have been without these players? Playoffs? You really believe that? Look what happened to Renney once these players were gone? Exactly.
Gaborik was in the Playoffs without Jagr and Gaborik last year. Can we credit him for that? Not sure, unlikely. But I sure as heck won't credit Renney for those years we **** the bed in the playoffs because he simply sucks at being a proper coach.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
This shouldnt be opinion, Renney was the NYR coach of the decade, period(.) There is no case for Torts cause he was here for less than a year at the end of the decade. You insult everyone on this board by claiming Renney did nothing and it was two players responsible for everything this team did.
This shouldn't be opinion? Who are you? A Nazi?
Unlike you I haven't called anyone a fool for their opinion yet. But thanks for playing.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:49 PM
  #20
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
From Jagr's presence and his peers like I stated twice. Straka-Nylander-Jagr was the best first line this team had since a looooong time. Where would Renney have been without these players? Playoffs? You really believe that? Look what happened to Renney once these players were gone? Exactly.
Gaborik was in the Playoffs without Jagr and Gaborik last year. Can we credit him for that? Not sure, unlikely. But I sure as heck won't credit Renney for those years we **** the bed in the playoffs because he simply sucks at being a proper coach.




This shouldn't be opinion? Who are you? A Nazi?
Unlike you I haven't called anyone a fool for their opinion yet. But thanks for playing.
I'm sorry but you are a hater if you believe this, your logic is horrible. Just calling it like I see it, everyone loves an Avery kinda guy who's in your face until they run into one


Last edited by Bluenote13: 01-12-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:53 PM
  #21
MrAlfie
 
MrAlfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Rehab
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I'm sorry but you are a fool if you believe this, your logic is horrible. Just calling it like I see it, everyone loves an Avery kinda guy who's in your face until they run into one
I'm not surprised the Mods let your insults slide.
You are comparing yourself to Avery?

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:57 PM
  #22
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,781
vCash: 500
To criticize a coach because he benefited from his best player is ridiculous. No coach would ever have success without talented players.

And for what it's worth, Jagr was considered a bum by nearly everyone in the league until his rejuvenated 05-06 season, which he credited primarily to Renney's coaching.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:59 PM
  #23
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAlfie View Post
I'm not surprised the Mods let your insults slide.
You are comparing yourself to Avery?
I'm always right on the edge

You hate Renney, cool, look at the poll and tell me who's right or wrong

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:00 PM
  #24
MrAlfie
 
MrAlfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Rehab
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
To criticize a coach because he benefited from his best player is ridiculous. No coach would ever have success without talented players.

And for what it's worth, Jagr was considered a bum by nearly everyone in the league until his rejuvenated 05-06 season, which he credited primarily to Renney's coaching.
Which means let Jagr be Jagr, in essence it was Jagr running the show not Renney. Once Renney had to suddenly become a real head coach it went all downhill.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:02 PM
  #25
MrAlfie
 
MrAlfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Rehab
Country: Spain
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I'm always right on the edge

You hate Renney, cool, look at the poll and tell me who's right or wrong
Calling somebody a fool isn't on the edge. Do it to a Police Officer and see what happens. You are insulting me and there's no way around it, and the fact that a certain mod doesn't care is pretty telling.

As for the poll, millions of flies land on turds and eat it, so they must be right too, huh?

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.