HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

"Blinded by the Light" Nashville @ Vancouver

Old
01-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
LoL. Oooooo, I mute them for reasons such as that.

Thanks.

I agree about us getting some awful officiating in tonight's game versus Edmonton. We don't want an entire provinces pissed off at Nashville more than they already are.
Freaking Czech Press correcting us damn Americans/Canadians on how to pronounce a player's name

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:55 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by volzok View Post
I wouldn't be surprised, but why should the Preds be victim tonight after what happened last. My guess is the penalties will be over the top or the whistle will barely blow.
I kind of hope they swallow the whistles tonight

Old
01-12-2010, 01:07 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I like how Burrows is claiming Auger told him before the game that he (Auger) would be handing out pay back for the embellishment on the Smithson hit in December. How many of us knew that Burrows was just being a little girl about that?

Terrible officiating on both sides, and Burrows probably got the worse of it. Honestly, I couldn't care less. Burrows plays on the edge, and it seems like whenever we lace them up against Vancouver he does something questionable. I've never liked the guy, but I've hated him since the flying shoulder to the head against Dumont. There seem to be some Preds fans who don't feel good about this win. I'm not one of them.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:12 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

vCash: 50
It is ridiculous how everybody is ready to run away with Burrow's one side of the story and proclaim it from the mountain tops as God's truth.

In his allegation laced cry fest he readily admits that he made a monkey out of Auger last time out and now his team had to pay for it and it wasnt fair. Why is everybody glossing over that? Poor Burrows

and it isnt like the game was handed to us, the game tying goal was on a BS penalty given to Ellis!!! It shouldnt have even been that close at the end of the third.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:23 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
It is ridiculous how everybody is ready to run away with Burrow's one side of the story and proclaim it from the mountain tops as God's truth.

In his allegation laced cry fest he readily admits that he made a monkey out of Auger last time out and now his team had to pay for it and it wasnt fair. Why is everybody glossing over that? Poor Burrows

and it isnt like the game was handed to us, the game tying goal was on a BS penalty given to Ellis!!! It shouldnt have even been that close at the end of the third.
exactly!

GO PREDS!

Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:58 PM
Webersmashpuck

Ok, first of all the Canucks got screwed and Auger should be severely reprimanded for last nights game for screwing both sides. But I am loving watching the video of Burrows almost cry. Its as good as the fight he had with Tootoo when you see Burrows face as he takes a giant crap in his pants before getting a beating.

We had the momentum until the biggest phantom call of the night happened. If there would be a penalty it would be on Kesler for bumping Ellis, and even then it would be a very weak penalty. We could have put the game out of reach but nope Vancouver came back and tied it. Their crying is so great to me, I would love nothing more then to see Burrows be proven wrong and get a gigantic suspension and Vancouver fans, you guys are good fans and knowledgable and for the most part are great besides a few bad apples, but I HATE everything about your team especially Burrows and Kesler.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 02:34 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Their crying is so great to me, I would love nothing more then to see Burrows be proven wrong and get a gigantic suspension and Vancouver fans, you guys are good fans and knowledgable and for the most part are great besides a few bad apples, but I HATE everything about your team especially Burrows and Kesler.
How exactly is he going to be proven wrong when there is video evidence of Auger and Burrows talking? And why exactly would he even lie about that? If Burrows lies and brings it up, and they find out he's lying then he gets in trouble for no reason.

I'm not saying that Nashville didn't deserve the win (they did) . It's not about that, it's about what Auger did.

The fact Burrows has a rep for diving is irrelevent. And it's not even the diving call most people have a problem with. The interference call was so minor and dumb.

The worst thing isn't even the loss, I can take a loss... But Auger made the game boring with stupid calls on both sides and went out of his way to influence the result of the game. I personally hate that more than anything.

01-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by parabola View Post
How exactly is he going to be proven wrong when there is video evidence of Auger and Burrows talking? And why exactly would he even lie about that? If Burrows lies and brings it up, and they find out he's lying then he gets in trouble for no reason.

I'm not saying that Nashville didn't deserve the win (they did) . It's not about that, it's about what Auger did.

The fact Burrows has a rep for diving is irrelevent. And it's not even the diving call most people have a problem with. The interference call was so minor and dumb.

The worst thing isn't even the loss, I can take a loss... But Auger made the game boring with stupid calls on both sides and went out of his way to influence the result of the game. I personally hate that more than anything.
yup ... and our announcers were dumbfounded by the interference call as well ... they were almost silent in embarrassment trying to find words to describe the play

Old
01-12-2010, 02:40 PM
PredsChik

Burrows should have said something about the "threat" to his coach right after it happened.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 02:46 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
yup ... and our announcers were dumbfounded by the interference call as well ... they were almost silent in embarrassment trying to find words to describe the play
That's what makes me laugh. Preds fans and most Canucks fans are on the same page, and there is this huge argument on the main board with everyone else.

parabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 02:49 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

refs talk to players before the game. that happens. he could have been asking him his tea preference.

And Auger probably said something stupid that he shouldnt have, but I just cant bend my mind around him being dumb enough to say "hey Burrs, Im gonna screw you good and your whole team is going down if it is the last thing I do tonight"

I must say that through this process I have gained some healthy respect for some of the Canuck faithful here at HF. There is actually quite alot of good conversation happening here because of this fiasco.

Old
01-12-2010, 02:50 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 20000
Quote:
In his allegation laced cry fest he readily admits that he made a monkey out of Auger last time out....
Can you put up a quote to back that up please.

Chairman Maouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 02:54 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
the video is featured on 3 different threads here at HF and every media outlet in Canada.

I guess I will try to be more careful with my words in an effort to keep things civil and on point, but officiating aside, you will have to understand if there is no love for Burrows here in Pred Nation.

Old
01-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Preds Partisan
Nothing

Quote:
the video is featured on 3 different threads here at HF and every media outlet in Canada.

I guess I will try to be more careful with my words in an effort to keep things civil and on point, but officiating aside, you will have to understand if there is no love for Burrows here in Pred Nation.
This.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 03:05 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
BOlieve dat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chairman Maouth View Post
He basically says, "The Smithson hit, when Smithson hit me from sideways he said he saw the replay you got your head up you weren't really hurt, and you made me look bad so i'm going to get you back tonight. And he did and it cost us 2 points."

This is the interview, I don't recall him saying anything else, nor does he really admit to diving there (although he definitely did, and he doesn't deny it).

parabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 03:12 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

it really is too bad that the reputation stuff is coming in to play whether we think it is warranted or unwarranted because the recent goal output is really amazing. That is going to get totally lost in this circus.

Did the NHL or anyone officially release a statement yet?

Old
01-12-2010, 03:14 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
That's what makes me laugh. Preds fans and most Canucks fans are on the same page, and there is this huge argument on the main board with everyone else.
I freely admit it was a horribly officiated game, and also that it was worse for you guys.

My only issue was with those saying that the game was "handed" to the Preds, and that there weren't bad calls against them as well...when in fact there were three off the top of my head, one of which lead to a Canucks goal.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Webersmashpuck

Quote:

To counter this point, as has been said unless the camera is close enough to be able to read lips or there is a sound bite nothing could be proven.

As for why would Burrows say that? Why would the ref say he is going to get even? It makes even less sense that he would lie than Burrows. Burrows has an excuse then for the fanbase and coaching staff on why he got kicked out and "took" those penalties.

If I put on my detective hat here is the scenario I think that happened. Auger saw that Burrows dove on the Smithson hit, he warns Burrows before the game he has his eye on him because he knows he dove before. I really would be more pissed as Trotz than the Canucks because he should let him play and do it before calling it to give the Predators the advantage instead of letting Burrows know he is under a microscope, but I digress. Auger sees Burrows flopping around unable to keep his balance, the first thought in his head is he is trying to draw a penalty so he calls the diving penalty. Burrows runs his mouth all the way to the box further drawing additional attention when he is back and Auger sees Burrows skating and gets in Wards way bringing about the controversial call.
I don't think Auger was out yesterday to screw Burrows but I think he did tell him hes going to watch for dives. Burrows sloppiness in the corner leading to the diving call and talking after it brought about the last call, causing Burrows to lose it and blame the reffing.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 05:06 PM
thejlb*

What I wanna know is what did Ellis do that caused the refs to come after him they way they did. The game got tied up shortly after that bogus call. If anything it should have been 4 on 4. It wasn't that way however. Vancouver had 9 penalties 7 from 2 players.

thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 05:12 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejlb View Post
What I wanna know is what did Ellis do that caused the refs to come after him they way they did. The game got tied up shortly after that bogus call. If anything it should have been 4 on 4. It wasn't that way however. Vancouver had 9 penalties 7 from 2 players.
Kesler flew up on him after the whistle like he was going to "Sedin" his leg and Ellis pushed him away and his glove got up in his face.

Old
01-12-2010, 06:03 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

If I had to guess this is probably how it went down.

Auger: You made me look like a fool in Nashville. You faked injury and that made me look bad you little poop. Here's the deal, you are going to mind your P's and Q's and not be a little you know what tonight or I swear I will make you and your team pay.

Burrows: Are you threatening me?

Auger: No I am warning you. Have a nice game you poop.

See. Now Auger didn't SAY he was going to get Burrows back, but he DID imply that if Burrows tried any crap he wasn't going to put up with it. Burrows embellishes for a little bit of media limelight. I think it was probably more like this, and you know what, if it was like this particular possibility, I really don't care. Live by the sword die by the sword.

Old
01-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

Canucks fan here, Just wanted to come in and say I am very impressed by the class shown from nearly all the fans of the preds.

The way you guys responded to this disgraceful situation has been very appreciative, and has shown the true difference between fan bases that have perspective, and fan bases that can care less and just hate on other fan bases for no reason.

Lucbourdon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 06:19 PM
MemphisMTLfan

Quote:
Kesler flew up on him after the whistle like he was going to "Sedin" his leg and Ellis pushed him away and his glove got up in his face.
So are we using this now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
If I had to guess this is probably how it went down.

Auger: You made me look like a fool in Nashville. You faked injury and that made me look bad you little poop. Here's the deal, you are going to mind your P's and Q's and not be a little you know what tonight or I swear I will make you and your team pay.

Burrows: Are you threatening me?

Auger: No I am warning you. Have a nice game you poop.

See. Now Auger didn't SAY he was going to get Burrows back, but he DID imply that if Burrows tried any crap he wasn't going to put up with it. Burrows embellishes for a little bit of media limelight. I think it was probably more like this, and you know what, if it was like this particular possibility, I really don't care. Live by the sword die by the sword.
I sense some possible sexual tension there.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 06:32 PM
jstreet
Sad McDavid

sure why not, Im just ready to laugh at the situation or try some new angle. Im tired of beating this horse.

I dont want to come across as disrespectful but a new thread pops up every few hours and every HF member has trolled their hearts out.

We need to move on.

Old
01-12-2010, 06:32 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post
Canucks fan here, Just wanted to come in and say I am very impressed by the class shown from nearly all the fans of the preds.

The way you guys responded to this disgraceful situation has been very appreciative, and has shown the true difference between fan bases that have perspective, and fan bases that can care less and just hate on other fan bases for no reason.

Yet anyone you disagreed with you on the main forum you talked down to as if they were an idiot. Look, we don't know all the facts. Innocent until proven guilty. There is no way a PROFESSIONAL official is stupid enough to say "I am going to get you," but he could imply if burrows didn't tread on thin ice he was going to get his revenge.

Memphis- I think so. I think I am going to go Sedin my girlfriend all night long

Actually, she hates facial hair... that probably wouldn't work