HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

"Great White North" Predators at Oilers

Old
01-13-2010, 01:30 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
We'll see. Almost every time a Predator is scheduled to be on a show he never shows up. They always have to reschedule a few days later.
Well I'll admit it'll be interesting to see if he makes it and if so...whether or not he has had any sleep. Sully has the team out for a night on the town tonight. Ellis has already tweeted about how much of a blast it's starting off as. The team is off till Friday and traveling tomorrow, so after all the work they've put in recently, I think they deserve to have a little fun...

Arnott is not with the team yet. Will be interesting to hear if he joins the team in Calgary or not...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:48 AM
MemphisMTLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Well I'll admit it'll be interesting to see if he makes it and if so...whether or not he has had any sleep. Sully has the team out for a night on the town tonight. Ellis has already tweeted about how much of a blast it's starting off as. The team is off till Friday and traveling tomorrow, so after all the work they've put in recently, I think they deserve to have a little fun...

Arnott is not with the team yet. Will be interesting to hear if he joins the team in Calgary or not...
I keep forgetting that Ellis tweets a lot more now.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 02:35 AM
bacardimayne

Thanks guys. Hope you make the playoffs.

bacardimayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 04:20 AM
OpenWheel

Nice win. I misjudged the start time and by the time I tuned in we were up two goals. That was actually sort of cool.

And I was so tired Monday I slept through that game. So I guess I can't catch the first period of our games now until we lose one. The only bummer on my end.

Way to go Preds. Every time I think we are tailing off, because we lose a couple I feel we shouldn't, the guys bounce back.

Nice to see Dumont playing well again. We need him. I'm glad Jonesey gets to play with some skill players now also.

Whoo! Go Preds!

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 07:16 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Had to go meet my wife for lunch so didn't catch the third period but a win is a win.

So does this mean I need to start the next GDT?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 08:53 AM
RollingPredFan

Good win, a little disappointed we let them back in. I thought the first goal Rinne gave up was soft, he seems to average one a game. Glad there were no officiating controversies, although it seems like at the end they were in a rush to call a bunch of penalties that I didn't see, but oh well.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 09:05 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Good win, hope we can beat Calgary again and sweep Canada. It seems like we didn't show up in the third and play the whole 60 minutes, but we get the two points.

Soundgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 09:47 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I'm sorry did I misread the stat line wrong in espn.com? Hornqvist has 18 goals so far??? Who the **** needs Radulov? My question becomes I like Worst's idea for trading for Poni, but at this rate if the forwards get healthy would it be better to trade for a vet defensive defenseman instead?

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 10:24 AM
MemphisMTLfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I'm sorry did I misread the stat line wrong in espn.com? Hornqvist has 18 goals so far??? Who the **** needs Radulov? My question becomes I like Worst's idea for trading for Poni, but at this rate if the forwards get healthy would it be better to trade for a vet defensive defenseman instead?
I noticed that yesterday and my jaw dropped, too.

Old
01-13-2010, 12:05 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I knew Rinne wouldnt get the shut out last night.

You have to figure that we are good for at least one PP goal against per game, and the Hamhuis-Klein pairing is good for at least one goal against per game.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Keep in mind he started the season a bit slow, and has been scoring on pace with players like Ovechkin and Crosby since the start of December.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:01 PM
thejlb*

Anybody else notice Hornqvist trying to get the offense going from all over the place. He doesn't seem to be able to do anything unless he's in the slot, which is fine by me it is a skill in its own, just can't not laugh when he tries from anywhere else.

I agree with a couple posts up glad to see Jones out there with a little bit of talent and next thing you kow he has 3 points on the night. I understand theres really no place for him, but would the world come to an end if they just tried.

thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:18 PM
deleted

From the images of last nights game on preds website:

7 OF 16
NASHVILLE PREDATORS V EDMONTON OILERS
EDMONTON, AB - JANUARY 12: Ladislav Smid #5 of the Edmonton Oilers tries to slow down Jerred Smithson #25 of the Nashville Predators at Rexall Place on January 12, 2010 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. (Photo by Andy Devlin/NHLI via Getty Images)

I totally didn't even notice Smithson was back last night .

Who's in charge of this stuff? Can't be a person in the preds organization. Probably not even a hockey fan.

deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:20 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejlb View Post
Anybody else notice Hornqvist trying to get the offense going from all over the place. He doesn't seem to be able to do anything unless he's in the slot, which is fine by me it is a skill in its own, just can't not laugh when he tries from anywhere else.

I agree with a couple posts up glad to see Jones out there with a little bit of talent and next thing you kow he has 3 points on the night. I understand theres really no place for him, but would the world come to an end if they just tried.
http://www.heavy.com/video/knob-hock...m-fleury-50573

If Hornqvist did his best impression of Holmstrom I can live with that.

BigFatCat999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:24 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webersmashpuck View Post
Keep in mind he started the season a bit slow, and has been scoring on pace with players like Ovechkin and Crosby since the start of December.
19 points in 21 games. 20 games if you don't count the one he didn't dress in, and 18 games if you start on Dec 8th when he started scoring.

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:28 PM
ffwrx
Don't Blink!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slanted View Post

7 OF 16
EDMONTON, AB - JANUARY 12: Ladislav Smid #5 of the Edmonton Oilers tries to slow down Jerred Smithson #25 of the Nashville Predators at Rexall Place on January 12, 2010 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. (Photo by Andy Devlin/NHLI via Getty Images)

Who's in charge of this stuff? Can't be a person in the preds organization. Probably not even a hockey fan.
He got one heck of a tan while he was off too.

ffwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 05:50 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by slanted View Post

7 OF 16

LMAO, pathetic.

Did anyone else notice some sort of alarm going off in the 3rd period? Literally an alarm. Sounded like a the fire alarm got pulled. The Oilers scored a goal while it was going off. Very bizarre

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 05:53 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I heard that and was very suprised that Crispy and The Professor didnt mention it

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:19 AM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
I heard it too and honestly thought it sounded like an oil rig alarm...

So my gf came up with the theory that the alarm goes off when they are on the PP??? But I think that would get annoying... So I have no clue *shrugs*

But I just think it was a fire alarm going off (anyone see the game in Memphis where the fire alarm went off and everyone evacuated?)

Last edited by utmfisher19: 01-14-2010 at 09:45 AM. Reason: spelling
utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:26 AM
MemphisMTLfan

The announcers said it was a fire alarm going off IIRC.