HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Braydon Coburn

Old
01-12-2010, 05:35 PM
HockeyHooligans
PetranJello 4 Norris

vCash: 500
Braydon Coburn

Whats the status of Coburn in Philly and would they be interested in dealing him?

What would it take?

Pending RFA this offseason.

Per my Blues team, I'd love to get his size here in STL. Don't get to watch him much, does he still have upside or has he stalled out and a 3-5 guy with 2nd PP?

Steen for Coburn? Both are RFA's

HockeyHooligans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 05:43 PM
ComixZone

Robyn Regehr + Daymond Langkow + Kris Chucko for Jeff Carter + Coburn

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 05:49 PM
dookie88

Flyers are not trading Carter.

As for Coburn, I think he could be available, but only for good value.
Probably a proven top4 dman who could play with Timonen.

dookie88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Vujtek

I could see a trade between Flyers and Blues. Something along the lines of:

Hartnell + Coburn for Jackman/Brewer + Tkachuk/Steen

Add in picks or prospects to make it more even (St.Louis would probably be the one needing to add more). Coburn for Jackman/Brewer don't work cap wise for Philly without Hartnell included in the trade and I could see Philly moving him with all the trade rumours surrounded him this year and the way he's played this year. A change of scenery would probably do good for him and St.Louis could use him in their top-6 as Backes is currently the only gritty player they have there.

The likes of Carter, Backes, Oshie etc. should be kept out of the offer because none of those will be moved.

Vujtek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 06:01 PM
BrindamoursNose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vujtek View Post
I could see a trade between Flyers and Blues. Something along the lines of:

Hartnell + Coburn for Jackman/Brewer + Tkachuk/Steen

Add in picks or prospects to make it more even (St.Louis would probably be the one needing to add more). Coburn for Jackman/Brewer don't work cap wise for Philly without Hartnell included in the trade and I could see Philly moving him with all the trade rumours surrounded him this year and the way he's played this year. A change of scenery would probably do good for him and St.Louis could use him in their top-6 as Backes is currently the only gritty player they have there.

The likes of Carter, Backes, Oshie etc. should be kept out of the offer because none of those will be moved.
I'm not sure the Flyers are really that anxious to lose Hartnell.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 06:04 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

The Flyers, should they be dealing Coburn this offseason and not at the deadline, would likely be looking for at least a young top nine forward with decent abilities to play on the 3rd line. Remember, they're not necessarily asking for a kid with superstar potential, just a good, young kid. The other team would have to add to that though.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 07:29 PM
Lifer

Sheppard and a 4 at the draft from the Wild.

Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 09:04 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifer View Post
Sheppard and a 4 at the draft from the Wild.
Flyers have enough 4th liners. I'd have more interest in someone like Clutterbuck or Latendresse.

LEIFey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Lifer

Both Clutterbuck and Lats would need gross overpayment to be moved. And Why would Minny trade either of them right now?

Lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Andy

Halak + Ryan O'Byrne

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Flyers have enough 4th liners. I'd have more interest in someone like Clutterbuck or Latendresse.
I think Sheppard could be more than a 4th liner in Philadelphia. He'd be a great fit on the third with JVR and Powe. I think Sheppard's one of those guys who needs a change of scenery.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 09:26 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Coburn is not going anywhere until the team gets healthy on defense. This means Parent comes back completely healthy, OKT comes back completely healthy, and now Syvret just went out of tonight's game with what looked like a shoulder injury. I wouldn't want to trade Coburn this year unless we had 7 other capable dmen who were healthy. As someone said earlier, Coburn will be better trade bait for the Flyers come the offseason. If Steve Eminger and a third fetched a late 1st rounder 2 years ago, Coburn and a later pick should be able to do the same come draft day. At worst a late 2nd by himself.

flyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 09:53 PM
litflyersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy View Post
Coburn is not going anywhere until the team gets healthy on defense. This means Parent comes back completely healthy, OKT comes back completely healthy, and now Syvret just went out of tonight's game with what looked like a shoulder injury. I wouldn't want to trade Coburn this year unless we had 7 other capable dmen who were healthy. As someone said earlier, Coburn will be better trade bait for the Flyers come the offseason. If Steve Eminger and a third fetched a late 1st rounder 2 years ago, Coburn and a later pick should be able to do the same come draft day. At worst a late 2nd by himself.
Dang are you trying to get ripped off here. Coburn is an RFA who's worth more than that if signed elsewhere through an offer sheet.

If you want to compare value, don't compare Coburn to Eminger but rather Meszaros. Flyers should be able, at worst, to get a package deal containing a first without having to throw in any of its picks. Unless Coburn prices himself out of Philly I would rather have him than a unproven first rounder.

litflyersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:02 PM
flyguy
Sean Cubeturier

Send a message via AIM to flyguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by litflyersfan View Post
Dang are you trying to get ripped off here. Coburn is an RFA who's worth more than that if signed elsewhere through an offer sheet.

If you want to compare value, don't compare Coburn to Eminger but rather Meszaros. Flyers should be able, at worst, to get a package deal containing a first without having to throw in any of its picks. Unless Coburn prices himself out of Philly I would rather have him than a unproven first rounder.
Coburn is not going to get 4 million next year. If a team pays that much they are crazy. He has digressed over the last two seasons. I wouldn't want him back on the team next year for more than 2.5, and even then I would be a bit upset if he didn't show any signs of improvement before being resigned. So let's say a fair price for him is ~ 2 million to 2.5. RFA compensation for 2-2.5 mil is what, a 2nd round pick? There ya go.

flyguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:07 PM

Coburn still has more value than most of you give him credit for.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:44 PM
ted1971
History Of Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Coburn still has more value than most of you give him credit for.
He's never been the same since He took the puck in the face against the Pens in the ECF 2 years ago. He seems to be really gun shy.

ted1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 10:48 PM
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1971 View Post
He's never been the same since He took the puck in the face against the Pens in the ECF 2 years ago. He seems to be really gun shy.
I still think his issues are strictly confidence based. He seems to be second-guessing his own decision making a lot more than he ever did.

When he gets out of this funk, he'll emerge as a talented defenseman.

I'd rather keep him, especially if he plays himself under his value.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 12:51 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
I think Sheppard could be more than a 4th liner in Philadelphia. He'd be a great fit on the third with JVR and Powe. I think Sheppard's one of those guys who needs a change of scenery.
I like Sheppard, but I think Coburn is worth a lot more than just Shep. I think Coburn's woes are overblown on HF; he likely still has pretty good trade value.

LEIFey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 05:56 AM
Kaktus*

Why would Flyers trade Coburn? We are not going to get anything better and it's not like we have a lot of prospects.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:06 PM
captainpaxil

i think a midseason return would be an adequate second pairing guy and a nice young guy to play on the 3rd line with the potential to improve and they both cant total more than 2.5 mil. in short its nearly impossible to get value on coburn midseason.

captainpaxil is offline   Reply With Quote