HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Dumont and Lefebvre on TV tonight!

Old
01-10-2010, 05:35 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Dumont and Lefebvre on TV tonight!

On RDS, they're showing the PEI vs Drummondville game that will be played at 7PM in Drummondville but will most likely be shown at 8PM on RDS because of the football game.

So as far as we're concerned, you will certainly want to take a close look at Gabriel Dumont #40 who's literally on fire this year, and #94 Phillipe Lefebvre as well for the Drummondville Voltigeurs.

Just a heads up for any draft lovers, here are a couple of interesting players aside from our guys to take a look at:

PEI
Forwards

#16 - C Ben Duffy: Prospect that was suppose to go quite high in this upcoming draft, that I didn't like personnally and that seems to regress as the years are passing by. We'll see how he does tonight.
#21 - C - Jordan Escott: Could be interesting. Will have to bulk up big time, obviously.

There's kid I wanted in the 2009 draft by the name of Adam Polasek #3- D that is playing for PEI this year. Interesting stats, interesting size, can't wait to see how he progressed from last year. Pretty surprising that the kid wasn't picked. A couple of other guys that might be interesting to invited in our next development camp like Samson Mahbod #28, Jarred Struthers #26 and Mike Stinziani #12.

DRUMMONDVILLE

Forwards
#62 - Alexandre Comtois - C
#81 - Jonathan Brunelle - LW

You can also look at #10 C Marc-Olivier Vachon who can be a really interesting candiate for a tryout next year and #7 C Sean Couturier who's definately a top 10 for the 2011 draft, some say already a top 5 material. Jake Allen should be in the net tonight. We'll see how he'll rebound from the WJC.

There are other draft prospects for the upcoming year but players I don't think will have a chance to be drafted.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 05:45 PM
NWT Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
On RDS, they're showing the PEI vs Drummondville game that will be played at 7PM in Drummondville but will most likely be shown at 8PM on RDS because of the football game.

So as far as we're concerned, you will certainly want to take a close look at Gabriel Dumont #40 who's literally on fire this year, and #94 Phillipe Lefebvre as well for the Drummondville Voltigeurs.

Just a heads up for any draft lovers, here are a couple of interesting players aside from our guys to take a look at:

PEI
Forwards

#16 - C Ben Duffy: Prospect that was suppose to go quite high in this upcoming draft, that I didn't like personnally and that seems to regress as the years are passing by. We'll see how he does tonight.
#21 - C - Jordan Escott: Could be interesting. Will have to bulk up big time, obviously.

There's kid I wanted in the 2009 draft by the name of Adam Polasek #3- D that is playing for PEI this year. Interesting stats, interesting size, can't wait to see how he progressed from last year. Pretty surprising that the kid wasn't picked. A couple of other guys that might be interesting to invited in our next development camp like Samson Mahbod #28, Jarred Struthers #26 and Mike Stinziani #12.

DRUMMONDVILLE

Forwards

You can also look at #10 C Marc-Olivier Vachon who can be a really interesting candiate for a tryout next year and #7 C Sean Couturier who's definately a top 10 for the 2011 draft, some say already a top 5 material. Jake Allen should be in the net tonight. We'll see how he'll rebound from the WJC.

There are other draft prospects for the upcoming year but players I don't think will have a chance to be drafted.

3 of the 4 Sportsnet channels have it on live too, as it is a national CHL game for them. The fourth channel (East I believe) has it on a half hour tape delay.

NWT Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 06:29 PM
Scotianhab

Very nice backhanded deflection goal for Lefebvre. Nice to see him standing in front of the net.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 07:33 PM
katatoniak

1-0 Drummondville .... Couturier from Dumont!

Haha forget it .... no goal

Lefebvre scores .... 1-0 Drummondville

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 01-10-2010 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Merge
katatoniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 08:03 PM
Scotianhab

Dumont makes it 2-0 Drummondville with a PP goal.

Scotianhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 08:15 PM
shamrun

couturier looks really good out there.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 08:41 PM
kent_carlson

Quote:
There's kid I wanted in the 2009 draft by the name of Adam Polasek #3- D that is playing for PEI this year. Interesting stats, interesting size, can't wait to see how he progressed from last year. Pretty surprising that the kid wasn't picked.
Sometimes, it looks like scouting out of Montreal is simply too expensive.

kent_carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 09:25 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:

PEI
Forwards

DRUMMONDVILLE

Forwards

Sean Couturier is indeed a solid prospect..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 09:41 PM
NewHabsEra*

The Volts have some very nice defensemen..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-10-2010, 10:04 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Well I have some people on my....ND list...

I'd pass on Brunelle and Comtois. Not needed, have enough of those. Didn't see Duffy and Escott, didn't like Duffy before, he didn't make him like him now. He's on my ND list. I've been seeing that team 5 times now and Escott never surprised me or never did anything out of the ordinairy even once. I'd be surprised he's on my wishlist.

I like our kids especially Dumont. I believe Lefebvre has some room for improvement. I really like Lefebvre. But Dumont is a pretty nice prospect.

Thought Polasek, while nice, was a little slower than I remembered seeing him. Wasn't impressed by any of the vets, Mahbod is small....but intense. But then I will still repeat that I'd like to see a guy like Vachon get an invitation. I just like how he thinks the game.

And Couturier well.....he's a dream. We'll need to suck a whole lot to get him. Can we do it?

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 12:30 PM
JeromeHP
@Jerome_Berube

Quote:
And Couturier well.....he's a dream. We'll need to suck a whole lot to get him. Can we do it?
why not ? for Couturier i wouldnt mind....he his EXACTLY what we need. PERFECT players for the habs

-french canadian
-Big center
-already IMO best two-way centerman in the Q (just turn 17 in december)
-skating has improved a lot since last year as his physical played
-he'S really similar to Jordan Staal (size/skating/defensive played) but with Eric Staal upsided on offense)

are we going to suck that bad next year?? doubt it because its montreal and mtl cant tank a season bla bla bla

but we could try to switch 1st pick in 2011 draft with another team who we think will suck and get a high pick or traded for a bunch of pick like colorado did in the 98 draft when they try to get Lecavalier (it didnt work but they still got nice prospects with those pick)

key word for Bob here "IMAGINATION"

do it BOB

JeromeHP is offline   Reply With Quote