HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Was-Lak

Old
01-12-2010, 12:34 PM
artilector

vCash: 500
Was-Lak

Just wanted to gauge potential interest/ what would it take to make the deal work:

To Was: Frolov
To LA: Fehr

I'm not sure about value, Frolov has the skills, but is a UFA and has had an uneven year bouncing around the lineup; Fehr has started to hit his stride, is an RFA but has not been able to wrest away a spot on the Caps' top lines. Both are players seem a bit out of place..

As a Caps fan, I think Frolov could be a great fit with the Caps offense, and potentially serve as insurance if/when Semin leaves. Fehr is a bit out of place, in part because on the Caps' top lines, there's not enough puck to go around to feed another sniper, even one that is a developing power-forward. Still, his per-minute even-strengh stats are second only to Ovechkin.

I'm sure the Caps could add some middling assets if that's what it took, but Fehr would be the highest quality prospect that I can see them part with for Frolov.

Anyway, thoughts? Thanks.

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:35 PM
KingsRule

Send a message via AIM to KingsRule
who?

KingsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:43 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsRule View Post
who?
Eric Fehr

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/3356

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 12:43 PM
artilector

lol. understandable, I guess.

This year,

Frolov: 11G+17A, -10 in 45 games, 19:04 TOI
Fehr: 10G+11A, +12 in 33 games, 12:07 TOI

Not offering you chopped liver here

Old
01-12-2010, 01:29 PM
KingPuckChoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by artilector View Post
lol. understandable, I guess.

This year,

Frolov: 11G+17A, -10 in 45 games, 19:04 TOI
Fehr: 10G+11A, +12 in 33 games, 12:07 TOI

Not offering you chopped liver here
1st...forget the +/- as a stat, i think even I would have a + rating if I played with Wsh

2nd...sounds fair as a deal i just don't know how he would gel with the team...we need a #1 scoring winger and Fro packaged with our prospects could give us what we need

again, your offer is decent, but i don't think LA would do it

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:35 PM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Frolov sounds like he would make a good fit on the Capitals. He's comfortable playing classic Soviet puck possession hockey. He's a pass first winger, which would be ideal playing Ovechkin and co.

Interesting deal. I like Fehr. Maybe this is something Lombardi should look into.

aegwillnotwinthecup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:41 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Not too shabby. Why only 33 games? Was Fehr injured or scratched?

Also, I thought Fehr took a big dump in his development last year. Was that, like you said, just having too talented a line-up around him to be playing quality minutes?

Definitely seems like he is more a 'Lombardi' type (god.. I hate just saying that) than Frolov.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 01:46 PM
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllTheKingsMen View Post
1st...forget the +/- as a stat, i think even I would have a + rating if I played with Wsh

2nd...sounds fair as a deal i just don't know how he would gel with the team...we need a #1 scoring winger and Fro packaged with our prospects could give us what we need

again, your offer is decent, but i don't think LA would do it
Well..

I don't think Semin will fit into Washington's salary structure longterm, but I'm pretty sure LA could probably afford him. He's got another year after this before he becomes UFA. What would LA offer with Frolov in a package for Semin?

Semin with Kopitar should be pretty deadly..

Granted, the Caps would be unlikely to consider such a shuffle, but I would

Old
01-12-2010, 02:09 PM
artilector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Not too shabby. Why only 33 games? Was Fehr injured or scratched?

Also, I thought Fehr took a big dump in his development last year. Was that, like you said, just having too talented a line-up around him to be playing quality minutes?

Definitely seems like he is more a 'Lombardi' type (god.. I hate just saying that) than Frolov.
Yeah, the bulk of that was recovering from off-season surgery. If memory serves, so Fehr had no training camp at all and had to play himself into shape.

In general, on the Caps, as far as wingers, Ovechkin and Semin are untouchable, Knuble and Laich are the grizzled guys that are assumed to be working hard by default, and Fleischmann is the coach's pet. They're all fine players, but Fehr's been getting the shaft a little bit. He's been arbitrarily scratched a couple of times, but I wish they'd just stick him on the top line with Ovechkin and Backstrom and let him develop.

The best that Fehr has looked was with a decent offensive center and a pass-first LW.

All-in-all, I think all the Caps fans agree that it's been a legitimate break-through year for Fehr, even in limited minutes. But as long as we're overloaded with two pure snipers on LW, it's unclear whether Fehr is the right fit on the top lines -- and if so, he can be dealt.

Old
01-12-2010, 02:16 PM
Defgarden

I'd definitely be interested. It might even be plausible, with Fehr being a healthy scratch at times and Frolov being, well, Frolov (and that whole "well he's penciled in for this year..." interview). Fehr is a bit younger, though I haven't honestly seen him play much.

I do feel though that Frolov is by far the most skilled player on the team, at least in terms of individual ability, and losing that would kind of stink to me.

Defgarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 02:35 PM
artilector

Yeah, I imagine any team would want a king's ransom for a Frolov operating at his full potential. But if he's not, I guess you have to either fix it, or go in a different direction.

I'd imagine Frolov-Kopitar should look real good with any legitimate scoring winger. After all, that's what I have in mind with Frolov-Backstrom and Ovechkin. So maybe LA can move some other assets for said winger and then you'll get more out of Frolov..

edit: Kovalchuk would fit nicely

Old
01-12-2010, 03:29 PM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by artilector View Post
Yeah, I imagine any team would want a king's ransom for a Frolov operating at his full potential. But if he's not, I guess you have to either fix it, or go in a different direction.

I'd imagine Frolov-Kopitar should look real good with any legitimate scoring winger. After all, that's what I have in mind with Frolov-Backstrom and Ovechkin. So maybe LA can move some other assets for said winger and then you'll get more out of Frolov..

edit: Kovalchuk would fit nicely
I like this artilector character. First time ive ever seen another teams fan come make a proposal and not get ripped a new well you know.

riseandfall9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 06:55 PM
socalpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defgarden View Post
I'd definitely be interested. It might even be plausible, with Fehr being a healthy scratch at times and Frolov being, well, Frolov (and that whole "well he's penciled in for this year..." interview). Fehr is a bit younger, though I haven't honestly seen him play much.

I do feel though that Frolov is by far the most skilled player on the team, at least in terms of individual ability, and losing that would kind of stink to me.

are you serious?
make the deal and let him become someone else's headache

socalpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 09:23 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
His pims seem a bit weak. Is he a big soft player because we have plenty of those already.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 09:26 PM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Quote:

i wouldn't say most skilled. he's probably among the Kings' most complete players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalpuck View Post
[/B]

are you serious?
make the deal and let him become someone else's headache
you've already shot your wad this month. so sit down for a while, Purcell.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2010, 09:39 PM
Fat Elvis

Something around Fehr and Laich for Fro+.

Fehr+Laich
for
Fro+Lewis+pick

Fat Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 12:14 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP View Post
Something around Fehr and Laich for Fro+.

Fehr+Laich
for
Fro+Lewis+pick

Solves the 2nd line C issue.

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
His pims seem a bit weak. Is he a big soft player because we have plenty of those already.
He's a lot like Boyle. Big and soft.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 12:40 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
He's a lot like Boyle. Big and soft.
So, in other words, I'd love him but he'll be lucky to see limited 4th line minutes from TM.

I don't think Boyle's soft at all. Maybe when he initially started out he was soft but he started to play more physical as the year progressed and even fought a few times. If someone's willing to fight, I don't consider that player as being soft.

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 12:41 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post
So, in other words, I'd love him but he'll be lucky to see limited 4th line minutes from TM.

I don't think Boyle's soft at all. Maybe when he initially started out he was soft but he started to play more physical as the year progressed and even fought a few times. If someone's willing to fight, I don't consider that player as being soft.
OK, maybe Boyle was an inaccurate representation. How about Eric Daze instead?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 01:44 PM
Defgarden

Whatever happened to Eric Daze? I don't remember hearing the retirement announcement. I mean, he certainly was no superstar, but he was pretty good.

Old
01-13-2010, 01:57 PM
ukyo

Wait, what? From what I've seen, Fehr isn't like those guys at all. Daze was a perimeter player with a big shot. So was Boyle. Fehr from what I have seen actually uses his size well and will go to the net.

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 02:01 PM
ukyo

Quote:
Whatever happened to Eric Daze? I don't remember hearing the retirement announcement. I mean, he certainly was no superstar, but he was pretty good.
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=whatever+happened+to+eric+daze

ukyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 02:21 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
lol. I've never seen that before. Brilliant!

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Defgarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukyo View Post
heh. Thanks, but I actually googled it just after I asked. He injured his back, played one game in the 05-06 season, and quietly left the game. I was just wondering because I don't remember him being that old. He's still only 34, which is aging, but not shady acres age for NHLers.