HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Armstrong, Kubina, Afinogenov

Old
01-13-2010, 04:28 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

vCash: 500
Armstrong, Kubina, Afinogenov

First: I think the Thrashers MUST re-sign Afinogenov. He sort of revived his career here with the Thrashers with 40 points in 45 games so far and may even hit the 30 goal mark for i believe the first time in his career. How much is he going to want, realisticly. I really want him to be a Thrashers for a while longer. He is definitely Kozlov's replacement IMO.

Second: I cannot see Armstrong re-signing here. As much as he says he likes it in Atlanta, i just see him walking next year.

As for Kubina, i would LOVE to re-sign him and have him here for 2-3 more years. But again, i doubt it will happen.

Out of the 3, i can only see Afinogenov being here in the future.

What can the Thrashers get for Armstrong and or Kubina come deadline day that is IF they are way way down low in the standings and out of playoff contention.

John Cena* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 04:32 PM
Sabreality

vCash: 50
i'd like Army brought back...

Kubina i see moving on..i wouldnt want to pay him over $3.5 in reality, he might get more on the open market

i think they should sell Max while his stock is high (isnt he going to want at least $3mish??...he's slowly returning to his average self.

Sabreality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 04:35 PM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

i actually thing armstrong is the most likely to be willing to re-sign here

with no kovy, no kozzy, and with zhitnik's buyout hit coming off we can afford to overpay a few guys by a little bit as long as it's worth it. we could realistically give kubina up to 5 million(no increase over his current hit) and still have plenty left to re-sign bogosian, kane, and little when need be.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 04:35 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Average self? Afinogenov has been playing great. Best hockey of his career IMO. We need to replace Kozlov and why not do it with another Russian. Afinogenov fits the bill perfectly. I 'd be willing to pay up to 3.5-4 mil per to keep him.

Armstrong is turning into a very dumb hockey player IMO. He needs to go. With his size and strength and aggressiveness he should not be afraid to crash the net.

Kubina is great but i doubt he will re-sign.

John Cena* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 04:46 PM
Sabreality

vCash: 50
'I 'd be willing to pay up to 3.5-4 mil per to keep him.'

meh, he's never been one of my favorites and think he overacheived a bit the 1st half of the year...his game simply isnt worth that much money..if he'd take $2mil, i can live with him, but anything more and he's a detriment imo

Sabreality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 04:55 PM
LostMyGlasses*

To Atlanta
J. Hansen
2nd round pick, 2011

To Vancouver
C. Armstrong

at the deadline.

LostMyGlasses* is offline   Reply With Quote