HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospect Poll: #8

View Poll Results: Who's the 8th most valuable Rangers prospect?
Michael Sauer 3 3.13%
Matt Gilroy 68 70.83%
Ethan Werek 12 12.50%
Ilkka Heikkinen 3 3.13%
Chad Johnson 7 7.29%
Ryan Bourque 3 3.13%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old
01-13-2010, 02:55 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
I posted the rules in the first 3-4 rounds. I didn't realize I had to do it in each round because I figured people would know by round 8. Guess not.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 04:09 PM
9darter
Soft Euro

Gilroy.
Add Hagelin.

9darter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 04:30 PM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynHockey99 View Post
Potter did not prove to be able to play one day in the NHL. PAP was decent when he came up. I would have no problem if we dumped Kotalik and replaced him with PAP.

At this stage, I had to go with Gilroy because he's a very proven commodity, as proven as prospects get. I think we can be certain that the kid has a future as at least a third pairing defenseman.
I don't disagree with any of this. I just can't see Gilroy becoming much MORE than what he is. Every other prospect on the list has the ability to be more than a 3rd pairing D. I don't dislike Gilroy as a player, I just have a hard time seeing him as a prospect. Edited to add- I just noticed that Heikkinen is also 25 years old. I thought he was three years younger than that for some reason. He falls into the same boat as Gilroy for me based on that (even lower, honestly, as Heik hasn't stuck in the show).

Quote:
Oh, and I remember a couple months ago everyone screaming that we need to trade Sangs. DZ and Gilroy would be our PP pair, and Sanger is the third wheel. Not so much anymore, huh?
You'll find that I was never among that group. I've never understood why people feel that Sangs is worthless or expendable just because DZ is playing well. Sangs has improved every season. I kind of felt bad for him. He was clearly told to improve his defense. He did so, and focused on showing that in camp. Then he got sent down because another prospect showed better offense. Honestly, if Renney was still the coach (though I'm glad he's not), I think Sangs makes the team over DZ this season.

Last edited by smoneil: 01-13-2010 at 05:01 PM. Reason: Just learned something
smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 05:04 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Voted for... **** I forgot.. Add Weise.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote