HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

EDm & OTT

Old
01-13-2010, 07:47 PM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach 9 View Post
It was San Joses...

If only we had taken Tampa's 1st in the Meszaros trade , and left out Picard or something.

O what could have been.
Hmm, thats what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 08:30 PM
sensfan83*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
As we've seen this year, Fisher can't handle the duties of being a #1 center. Terrible trade.
No, we've seen Fisher can't handle centering Neil and Foligno or Shannon and Kovalev on the 1st line. Terrible argument.

However, we have seen that Spezza's point totals were largely a product of Heatley. If anything, this year we've seen that Spezza can't handle the duties of being a #1 centre without 2 of the best wingers in the NHL carrying him.

sensfan83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 09:25 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefTO View Post
Gagne, O'Sullivan, Grebeshkov, Omark and 2nd in 2010

For

Spezza, Lee

thoughts...?
Lee for O'Sullivan = ok

Spezza for Gagner, Grebeshkov, Omark and a 2nd = very interesting but trading a franchise center is not an easy thing

Quote:
Cogliano...

for

Foglino
Fair value but we'd rather keep the player we drafted and developped. I think it's not out of reach to think that Foligno will develop into a 25/30 powerforward type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by internetdotcom View Post
The only time I remember him trading a 1st was in the Campoli deal, but I beleive that was another team's first, lower than our own in that draft.
Yep, it was Sj's 1st round pick in 2009 that he previously acquired in the Meszaros deal along with Kuba and Picard. So finally, he traded Meszaros (who wanted 4.0 and really isn't worth it) for Kuba, Picard and Campoli...

The only other time he traded a 1st was to acquire Pavel Bure. You can see his transactions record there :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bryan_Murray_(ice_hockey)

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 09:47 PM
WJG
Running and Rioting

How did Spezza even enter this discussion?

With Heatley gone and Alfredsson retiring in the next ~5 years, there's no way Ottawa will trade Spezza.

I also don't think Ottawa will finish in the bottom 10. I think their pick will be 10-15, and given Murray's past history of trading a 1st rounder to improve the Sens in the future, I could see Cogliano and O'Sullivan for the 10th-15th pick.

WJG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 10:04 PM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Running Riot View Post
How did Spezza even enter this discussion?

With Heatley gone and Alfredsson retiring in the next ~5 years, there's no way Ottawa will trade Spezza.

I also don't think Ottawa will finish in the bottom 10. I think their pick will be 10-15, and given Murray's past history of trading a 1st rounder to improve the Sens in the future, I could see Cogliano and O'Sullivan for the 10th-15th pick.
You mean only twice trading his 1rst round pick, and only once it actually being his teams pick (which was traded for one of the best offensive players of all time).

The pick isn't going anywhere.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote