HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks @ Coyotes (01/12/10)

Old
01-13-2010, 06:35 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

vCash: 500
I don't know if it was talked about already but I think Blake should be suspended for that huge elbow he attempted to land in the face of Hanzal. If that had connected it would've knocked Hanzal out cold, maybe even broke his face! I don't think he should get away with it just because he ****ed up and missed!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 06:38 PM
indczn

It was sorta mention in the jovo suspension thread.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by indczn View Post
It was sorta mention in the jovo suspension thread.
Granted Jovo connected and I don't disagree with his suspension but had it connected, Blake's elbow would've been way worse. That was a straight elbow aimed for the center of Hanzal's face. I don't know what the hell Blake's problem was but he was clearly trying to seriously injure Hanzal and had he not missed, that's exactly what would've happened!

Old
01-13-2010, 06:54 PM
indczn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinurgy View Post
Granted Jovo connected and I don't disagree with his suspension but had it connected, Blake's elbow would've been way worse. That was a straight elbow aimed for the center of Hanzal's face. I don't know what the hell Blake's problem was but he was clearly trying to seriously injure Hanzal and had he not missed, that's exactly what would've happened!
It was so bad they actually called a minor on it and he hit nothing.

indczn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 08:45 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by indczn View Post
It was so bad they actually called a minor on it and he hit nothing.
Exactly, how the hell does he not qualify for a suspension?!

Old
01-13-2010, 09:20 PM
Llewzaher

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoriginal55 View Post
Even Tippett has made a few bad moves lately. Last week it was not putting a player in the box. Last night he decided to scratch Biss. Great way to reward a guy who woke up your team the last game, and several games before! Also should have had him in for protection since Jovo was out.

As for our talent level, and tanking in the second half, the previous poster has it right. The Coyotes are playing as hard as the can every night. In the second half of the season the other teams play all out, and having more talent they start beating the Yotes. When certain teams (like Detroit) start getting their skill players back from injury they will start moving up as well.

Also, as noted, the Coyotes normally just miss the playoffs, so our prospects are not top 3 picks that can make an immediate impact on a team. As for Pittsburgh, I always felt they were given the number one pick out of the lockout by the NHL so they could turn their situation around. Talk about conspiracy theories!

Lastly, has anyone heard anything about Iceage, the pending sale of the team? It's been over a month and no new word.
It seems Like whenever the Yotes do good , and get good press that they start believing they are better than they are... Now after all of these half season reports come out that the Yotes are for real etc.... and they are like a different team

As far as Tippett goes , and those type of mistakes , even some of his comments in the last few games , especially the Islander game , he didn't seem too worried or cautious like he usually is . Usually his comments , win or lose is something to the effect of " we might have won but we have a lot of work to do etc..let's not get ahead of ourselves etc... " With the Islander comeback he seemed totally different ,happy that the team came back more than upset of how they played in the first 2 periods . It almost seemed like he was distracted with all of the coach of the year talk , and maybe even this autobiography . But After the SanJose game he seemed to be back to business ....practise tomorrow at noon etc...

Llewzaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 10:34 PM
hbk

We've been very fortunate that througout the first half a great work ethic and key players elevating their games to higher levels at key times.

Bryzgalov was stellar for the most part but has looked tired and out of sync for the last 2-3 weeks.

Yandle has been amazing for the most part this season but other than last night for brief flashes has levelled off and isn't pulling us out of our seats each and every shift.

Upshall was hurt and we missed his offense and the quality play that we were enjoying from the Lombardi, Doan, Upshall line.

Vrbata actually has likely been our most dangerous forward this month but he hasn't been enough.

Lepisto and Vandameer have levelled off considerably. Aucoin is 35 and we can't expect him to have his A game each and every night.

We need the defensive game to get back in sync. We cannot afford a 3-4 game losing streak and we only have 3 out of a possible 10 points thus far in January.

We're nearing must win stage.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 12:53 AM
yakko

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
We need the defensive game to get back in sync. We cannot afford a 3-4 game losing streak and we only have 3 out of a possible 10 points thus far in January.
I generally agree with what you said, but I think this is the key. Up until recently, I thought the big difference between this year and last was that even when the Coyotes weren't playing well or were fighting the puck they stayed in games because they stuck with the system. That last few games have challenged that. The Coyotes must play the system consistently if they want to stay in the playoff hunt. If they keep cheating, they will keep losing. They simply do not have the raw talent to cheat and have it work often enough to keep them in the race.

yakko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 12:54 AM
Mike92

I think Tippetts trying to level out the team more than anything. When they win games they shouldn't, his comments seemlike they are trying to gear the team down, lately they've been losing games they should lose unfortunately, and while he points out bad play he doesn't seem to harp on it. Keep them level, never too high, never too low. Or he could be getting a big head and we're royally screwed, it is the phoenix coyotes we're talking about here, haha.

Mike92 is offline   Reply With Quote