HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Deadline Deals - All Trade Proposals and Inquires

Old
01-13-2010, 05:20 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
please close and delete this thread before I die of embarssment.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredDave View Post
First of all, let me just start off by saying that I am offended. Predanerd, I have been stewing on your comment above for nearly two days. And, I couldn't let this go...

What's your problem with me, dude / dudette? You don't know ME! Please explain why Patty is so much greater than I could ever be??? Please.
I was just sticking up for Patty. Nothing personal against you. I was mostly joking anyway.

I'm in agreement with jstreet though. Close this and make a new one closer towards the deadline.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 06:22 PM
dulzhok

Forserberg for 3 first round draft picks, or Witt for a 1st rd draft pick.

Witt will provide a solid veteran dman, and Forsberg is well, Forsberg and we can easily afford to give up 3 first rd picks for him.

If DP does decide at to trade at the deadline, I'm fairly certain it will be a massive overpayment, and we won't get out of the first round of the playoffs.

One thing for certain- DP will receive great praise and accolades for getting the Predators to the 46th percentile. All of Nashville will be content, and the Predators will sell tons of season tickets because getting to the 46th percentile is a big accomplishment.

Last edited by dulzhok: 01-13-2010 at 06:32 PM.
dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Predsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Forserberg for 3 first round draft picks, or Witt for a 1st rd draft pick.

Witt will provide a solid veteran dman, and Forsberg is well, Forsberg and we can easily afford to give up 3 first rd picks for him.

If DP does decide at to trade at the deadline, I'm fairly certain it will be a massive overpayment, and we won't get out of the first round of the playoffs.

One thing for certain- DP will receive great praise and accolades for getting the Predators to the 46th percentile. All of Nashville will be content, and the Predators will sell tons of season tickets because getting to the 46th percentile is a big accomplishment.
Playoffs every year is a huge thing when you pay roll is one of the lowest in the nhl.. we cant spend money like the big teams can..
I mean to my the goal of this team has always been make the playoffs and hope to make a run at it.. and thats the way it is if this team is to make money and it to stay in Nashville...

Predsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 09:05 PM
volzok

I agree that if they go for a "big fish" they will overpay. But is it possible that DP won't trade for one. I know the need seems to be a top 6 forward. And while we've kicked around a guy like Kovi, I still think that a move like that could disrupt this team. Is there a top line guy that could fit well here?

I would think if they acquire someone, it would be a Sillinger like fit. A bottom 6 forward or a last pair Dman. Just add depth and not give up a lot.

volzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2010, 11:36 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Poile "went big" twice... the two years when we were loaded and had realistic expectation of making serious noise(we all know how that worked out)

Barring, God forbid, injury, this team looks like it is going to be good enough to get us in the playoffs without adding anyone, and also is not going to be substantially more likely to beat Chicago or San Jose regardless of any one addition.

So with that in mind I expect the eminently logical and conservative Poile to try to pick up a decent depth player or two at the cost of no more than a second round pick.

I think this will be a Zholtok/Hnidy year not a Forsberg or Witt year

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 01:00 AM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I think this will be a Zholtok/Hnidy year
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Old
01-14-2010, 01:14 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
Personally, I'd use a Sillinger or Hlavac type of year comparison, but regardless I agree with V82. The best we can truly hope for is honestly a guy like Ponikarovsky for a 2nd round pick and maybe a conditional draft pick if necessary...

We will not add a big name, big money player. Honestly, we don't need it and really don't want to mess with what we have that much either...look at the photos tweeted today from curling. I think this team really does have a pretty tight-knit chemistry that will really need to be thought about before randomly making additions to the roster for the sake of making additions to the roster...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 05:29 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

We do have tight knit chemistry, but it should not exclude a trade. Klein for instance, could easily be dealt and replaced. The same could be said for Franson/Sulzer.

I hate deadline deals for our team because Poile does so poorly in them. The Witt trade was a well-publicized blunder well before it was completed. The Forsberg trade was a massive overpayment. Although I will readily admit, it was one of my favorite times as a Predator fan, and I truly believe that injuries cost us probably a championship round playoff series. Other than the Sullivan trade and Sillinger trade, we have generally not fared well at the deadline.....

01-14-2010, 05:42 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

what would you want for Sulzer?

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:48 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Personally, I'd use a Sillinger or Hlavac type of year comparison, but regardless I agree with V82. The best we can truly hope for is honestly a guy like Ponikarovsky for a 2nd round pick and maybe a conditional draft pick if necessary...

We will not add a big name, big money player. Honestly, we don't need it and really don't want to mess with what we have that much either...look at the photos tweeted today from curling. I think this team really does have a pretty tight-knit chemistry that will really need to be thought about before randomly making additions to the roster for the sake of making additions to the roster...
exactly right.

and Sillinger/Hlavac is essentialy the same point as Zholtok/Hnidy.... ie, throwaway type players, good spare parts, that can be had for a mid round draft pick.

Old
01-14-2010, 12:07 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I'm thinking more along the lines of a Poni and Joe Corvo kinda trade. A bolster for both the forwards and defensemen.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 12:14 PM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
what would you want for Sulzer?
for you to take Klein also.

Old
01-14-2010, 01:34 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
I'm thinking more along the lines of a Poni and Joe Corvo kinda trade. A bolster for both the forwards and defensemen.
what do you think that would cost us?

Old
01-14-2010, 02:15 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
what do you think that would cost us?
Toronto wants picks. The HFer's think a 2nd and a 2011 4th would do it for Poni. Not too sure of the cost for Corvo. I want to do more research on him. I was jokingly thinking of a deal for Poni and Kaberle but that most likely would be too expensive and Nashville doesn't go for "Flavors of the month" so Kaberle is not on my radar. BUT it would be very interesting on paper.

Sully-Arnott-Dumont
Erat-Legwand-Ward
Poni-Goc-Hornqvist
Tootoo-Smithson-Jones
Belak

Weber-Suter
Hamhuis-Kaberle
Klein-Bouillon
Franson/Sulzer

3 scoring lines, a solid offensive Defenseman for Hamhuis, Klein and Bouillon paired hopefully through the season. (But knowing Trotz this is a pipedream). Also, when the rosters expand you can call up the Milwaukee forwards when needed. Personally, this could be a good year for Nashville to do nothing. The chemistry is nice and all lines are clicking offensively. I would like to see the defense get better but Rinne and Ellis stats are getting better. Pure and simple, the Preds win when A) the shots for the opposing team are low B) the penalties are low and C) Nashville wins in time in the offensive zone. When this team is clicking and goalies are hot as they are this is a top team statistically. I say a minor tweek at forward just to add more depth. having 23 forwards in Nashville and Milwaukee is going to kill the legs long term.

Oh and before anyone goes nuts, the Toronto idea is a passing thought, not a plan.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 12:29 AM
predfan24

As always I'm sure everyone will be clamoring for a forward and I would LOVE a guy like Ponikarasky or Whitney but I don't think it's a necessity. I would like to see us bring in a solid veteran D-man. A guy that doesn't take too many chances and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Someone who can challenge Klein and Franson and Hammer when they aren't playing well.Klein in particular scares me and I do wonder sometimes how Franson's game will translate in tight checking playoff games. I'm not sure who would possibly be available though.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 09:22 AM
thejlb*

Poni for a number 2 pick. I'd do it in a second. That's me though. Still not sure why he isn't on our team already. I hate trades like that on deadline day. Whats wrong with going after the guy you want and letting him build chemistry.

thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Would Andrew Cogliano be a good fit here? I think he is on the table if the right offer came along. Ryan Parent is reportedly on the trading block... I haven't seen him play much but he CAN'T possibly be worse than Hamhuis has been. Kurtis Foster is another player I really like to fill in that roll, but alas, I don't think we can pry him away from tampa.

Dan Ellis proved why we shouldn't move him last night.

I almost forgot! I really would like to add Fleischmann, but I don't know what Washington would look for in return...

Last edited by Roman Yoshi: 01-19-2010 at 10:03 AM.
Roman Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 02:54 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
Would Andrew Cogliano be a good fit here?
I don't think he would be a significant upgrade over Goc, the way his offensive game has stalled, and the Oilers won't trade him for a bologna sandwich (which is about all I'd want to give up for him at this point).

Quote:
Ryan Parent is reportedly on the trading block...
He's on the block because he can't stay healthy. The guy has played 78 games in the NHL and AHL combined over the last two seasons.

Quote:
Kurtis Foster is another player I really like to fill in that roll, but alas, I don't think we can pry him away from tampa.
We already have Kurtis Franson, er, I mean, Cody Foster, er, I mean... well, you know what I mean.

We need a defender who can be relied on in both ends by his current team to make him a worthwhile addition, unless it's someone who has a very strong reputation, like Toni Lydman.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 03:07 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I don't think he would be a significant upgrade over Goc, the way his offensive game has stalled, and the Oilers won't trade him for a bologna sandwich (which is about all I'd want to give up for him at this point).

He's on the block because he can't stay healthy. The guy has played 78 games in the NHL and AHL combined over the last two seasons.

We already have Kurtis Franson, er, I mean, Cody Foster, er, I mean... well, you know what I mean.

We need a defender who can be relied on in both ends by his current team to make him a worthwhile addition, unless it's someone who has a very strong reputation, like Toni Lydman.
My only thing with Cogs is he is 22. He still has room to improve while younger than Goc. Cogs also is averaging 18 goals a season, which is something the preds could really use. Don't get me wrong, I like Goc, but I think Cogs could be a much better player and now would be the time to get him. He is a player that I have always liked to watch. Just a thought.

I haven't been following Parent, but my friend in Philly was telling me he thought he was on the block.

Kurtis Foster has had a pretty decent season in Tampa. He is 6'5 and is an UFA. Sounds like a rental to me.

EDIT: OH GREAT. We resigned KK

Last edited by Roman Yoshi: 01-19-2010 at 03:12 PM.
Old
01-19-2010, 03:13 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joetimo View Post
My only thing with Cogs is he is 22. He still has room to improve while younger than Goc. Don't get me wrong, I like Goc, but I think Cogs could be a much better player and now would be the time to get him. He is a player that I have always liked to watch. Just a thought.
I'm not saying I wouldn't mind adding him, as everything you said is true, but for what we would likely be willing to give up, I think they'd rather just ride things out with Cogliano.

Quote:
Kurtis Foster has had a pretty decent season in Tampa. He is 6'5 and is an UFA. Sounds like a rental to me.
He's pretty much the same as Franson, though. Big guy, good on the power play, not a great physical player or fighter, can't be trusted with shorthanded duties, and a touch slow. Going out and trading for Foster would be silly when we have a very similar, if not identical player in Franson.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2010, 03:33 PM
Roman Yoshi
Ellis too short

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
I'm not saying I wouldn't mind adding him, as everything you said is true, but for what we would likely be willing to give up, I think they'd rather just ride things out with Cogliano.

He's pretty much the same as Franson, though. Big guy, good on the power play, not a great physical player or fighter, can't be trusted with shorthanded duties, and a touch slow. Going out and trading for Foster would be silly when we have a very similar, if not identical player in Franson.

I suppose I am going with the assumption we move Hammer before the deadline in order to get draft picks or a forward in return. I don't know what the price is for cogs, but a change of scenery would probably do the guy some good. Foster could be had for cheap (probably) and with the subtraction of Hamhuis could fill in nicely with Klein or Cube. Just my two cents. Oh and it would also take Cube off the power play... which is good...

Old
01-22-2010, 08:33 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Sulzer and a second round pick for Whitney and Wallin.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 09:23 AM
bleuetbio

So by this thread, I understand that Nashville will not move any goalie (Rinne or Ellis) this season? I think I saw Ellis more often since 20 games... Am I right? Do you think that the Nashville can re-sign both goalie. Personaly, I dont think so. I think someone will leave the team after the season. Are your ready to lost 1 goalie for nothing?

bleuetbio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2010, 10:14 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuetbio View Post
So by this thread, I understand that Nashville will not move any goalie (Rinne or Ellis) this season? I think I saw Ellis more often since 20 games... Am I right? Do you think that the Nashville can re-sign both goalie. Personaly, I dont think so. I think someone will leave the team after the season. Are your ready to lost 1 goalie for nothing?
we won't keep both, but going into the playoffs, there's no harm in having a 1a\1b tandem. I'm guessing Rinne will be kept, although he's been outplayed by Ellis lately. I think that if Rinne were playing the way he did last season, we would see Ellis traded, but we can't afford to do that right now. Maybe that changes by the deadline, who knows.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote