Thanks for everything Lackey.

Old
12-14-2009, 09:21 PM
sammyp

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sammyp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
It means you're tune has certainly changed since Lackey signed.
Considering the fact that I haven't made a post involving John Lackey in what, three weeks, I don't really know why you would make that accusation. I am firm in my belief that John Lackey isn't worth 85 million dollars. Fortunately for the Red Sox, there is no salary cap in the MLB and they have the means to give ace money to a middle of the rotation starter.

sammyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Haha, alright then, if that's the excuse you're going to use. You're on record here saying what happened today would never happen, but now I'm supposed to buy that you had a complete change of heart, just didn't bother to post it?

Posting habits are of none of my concern, but completely reversing a thought process on a subject in a couple weeks just seems weird. Whatevs, I'll believe you I guess.

Static is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:31 AM
sammyp

Send a message via AIM to sammyp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Static View Post
Haha, alright then, if that's the excuse you're going to use. You're on record here saying what happened today would never happen, but now I'm supposed to buy that you had a complete change of heart, just didn't bother to post it?

Posting habits are of none of my concern, but completely reversing a thought process on a subject in a couple weeks just seems weird. Whatevs, I'll believe you I guess.
Change of heart? Stat, what are you getting at? I still don't agree with the fat amount of money that the Sox gave Lackey. There's no change of heart here. Lackey got more money than I expected -- a lot more. I was just referring to the bet that was never made.

sammyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 03:10 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Lava View Post
Apparently Matsui (Hideki) is close to signing a 1 year deal with the Angels: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4741670

Meh, doesn't seem like much of an improvement over Vlad. A slow, aging, injury-prone DH. He did kick ass in the WS, though.
I love Vlad to death, but IMO he's fading fast. His skills are really deteriorating, and past his immense skill what did he really have? Godzilla, on the other hand, seems to have done well by becoming a full-time DH. Vlad still got hurt despite being a DH. IMO it's a nice upgrade and a great contract. Yankee fans aren't happy one bit, so that's also a nice sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyp View Post
Actually, I wish someone would've taken me up on my offer for a bet. He didn't get a contract worth 18-20 per year like I said, right?

Sure, he got way more money than he deserves but I still would've won the bet.
I believe you actually said he wouldn't get more than Burnett, and, well, he did. And, IIRC, you were pretty adamant that he wouldn't get paid and so forth, and, well, he did.

Gibsons Finest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2009, 01:02 PM
poppap527

******* traitor. Of all teams, Boston.

poppap527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Mooseduck

OT/Breaking: Angels announcer Markas passes away

Sad news to report: Team officials confirm the passing of Angels Announcer Rory Markas. Condolences to his family, friends and the Angels nation.

Quote:
Reports are coming in that Rory Markas, one of the Angels announcers, has died of a possible heart attack.
Ruben Villaescusa, an assignment editor at Fox 11, writes that paramedics were called to Markas’ house late last night, where he was found dead.

Markas — who punctuated every win with “Just another Halo Victory!” — had worked for the Angels since 2002, often paired with Terry Smith or Mark Gubicza. It was Markas who, in 2002, called the final out of the World Series. “Fly ball, center field! Erstad says he’s got it!! Erstad makes the catch! The Anaheim Angels are the champions of baseball!”

“He was destined to make that call,” said Angels spokesman Tim Mead on KNX 1070. “If we were down 10-1 or up 10-1, he’d make the game entertaining.”
- Read More -

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Wow, bad news. Always enjoyed him on the radio.

Static is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Benny Lava

I'm sad. Rory was probably the least idiotic of all the Angels' announcers.

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 06:04 PM
Mooseduck

There will be a moment of silence for Rory at tonight's Ducks game tonight.

Mooseduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Sean Garrity
#51in15 eh?

It's gonna be tough to hear the radio after we win without him...but we wont be winning much with our awful lineup and our young ass pitching staff...F you Arty Moreno

Sean Garrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 08:37 AM
Francesa
(╯°□°)╯︵ SƖ ןɥu ɐǝ

Bad news. I just found out about this today.

I'm not a LA guy. I've only been to LA once. However I do listen to a lot, and I mean a lot of play by play. I used to listen to Rory and Terry Smith all the time on KSPN and then 830 when the Angels changed stations.

Rory was a great broadcaster and he will be missed. I'll always remember his catchphrase after games. "Just another Halo Victory"

Truly a great, RIP

Francesa is offline   Reply With Quote