HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

GDT: Ottawa Senators vs New York Rangers - 7:00 PM EST - SNET(E)

Old
01-14-2010, 10:30 AM
MatthewT

vCash: 500
GDT: Ottawa Senators vs New York Rangers - 7:00 PM EST - SNET(E)

nobody had it up and mendes is saying Brodeur may start tonight

ian_mendes

There is a chance that Mike Brodeur could start for Sens tonight. Leclaire took a shot during practice. Elliott apparently sick.

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:32 AM
jbeck5

sweeet. He looked good last game. Play him until he sucks. If that never happens, then we might have ourselves the next brodeur...literally.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:39 AM
gmyx

Mike Brodeur to Start Tonight

Per Senschirp per Ian Mendes
http://www.senschirp.ca/2010/01/mike...-to-start.html

gmyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

Haha, what the ****?

Oh, Elliott is sick and Leclaire may be hurt. Makes sense then. I thought the Sens were trying to stir **** up.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:41 AM
SenatorsFC

Send a message via MSN to SenatorsFC
You've gotta be kidding me?

So Leclaire hurt by a shot in practice...wow

Quote:
Ian Mendes is reporting that there is a chance Mike Brodeur could start tonight for the Ottawa Senators. Leclaire was hit by a shot in practice apparently.
ANNND :

Quote:
Meanwhile, back up Brian Elliott is sick.

SenatorsFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:42 AM
MatthewT

I made the gameday thread for this very reason, but anyway

Old
01-14-2010, 10:47 AM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

Leclaire got in the way of a shot?

Miracles do happen.

The Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MatthewT

SensReporter on twitter said that he is on his way, so I guess he is called up for sure.

SensReporter

What's next? Leclaire hurt, Elliott sick, Brodeur en route from Bingo...

Old
SenatorsFC

Send a message via MSN to SenatorsFC
6 game losing skid incoming

Sorry, just can't see us winning when we lost to Atlanta, Carolina, and Florida.

Especially after that incredible game Lunqvist had against NJ

SenatorsFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:52 AM
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666

Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maverick View Post
Leclaire got in the way of a shot?

Miracles do happen.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:52 AM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorsFC View Post
6 game losing skid incoming

Sorry, just can't see us winning when we lost to Atlanta, Carolina, and Florida.

Especially after that incredible game Lunqvist had against NJ
Yeah but now we have brodeur! ...I'm slightly optimistic for some reason though.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:56 AM
MatthewT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
Yeah but now we have brodeur! ...I'm slightly optimistic for some reason though.
false sense of hope, Brodeur was good against Minnesota, but don't forget that most were using some sort of new equipment and they never had a boat load of shots. Thats not to say that he can't have a good game though

Old
01-14-2010, 10:58 AM
Slippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
nobody had it up and mendes is saying Brodeur may start tonight

ian_mendes

There is a chance that Mike Brodeur could start for Sens tonight. Leclaire took a shot during practice. Elliott apparently sick.
See it was better for him to let them simply go past him; he at least avoided injury that way. See what he gets for getting in front of a shot.

Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:06 AM
Larionov

So, all of a sudden both struggling goalies are "unavailable" for tonight? How convenient. You can colour me skeptical, as I bet one of them could have played if need be.

As a fan, though, I am thrilled, because SOMETHING had to give. The team simply had to shake up the chemistry somehow, and giving Brodeur a shot is a good way to do it. How does it get any worse than the present situation, where both our goalies have a save percentage below .900? At this point, I would be ready to bring back Damien Rhodes. If Brodeur wins, and looks good, you keep him here and send Elliott back to Bingo. If we lose him on waivers, who cares?

Finally, cast your minds back to last June, when the team dumped Auld for a sixth round pick. Anyone else thinking that might have been a bad move? At least Auld would have given us one more proven NHL goalie in the organization. Going with Elliott to save a grand total of 400K in cap space was penny wise and pound foolish.

Larionov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:06 AM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

So Brodeur would called up on an Emergency basis, since you usually need to give the NHL 24 hours notice on a call up?

First of all, that absolutely sucks Leclaire was hit in practice..even though he has been awful lately, I was hoping he would play through it. How many times can one guy get injured?? Hopefully it's minor.

Second of all, since when is Elliott sick? That's pretty random.

Lastly, it's a shame Brodeur only gets a call up when it's due to injury. We all wanted him up and to get a shot and now he gets it but not because of strong play in Bingo and not cause Clouston wants to shake things up...because he's got no other choice.

Anyway hopefully Brodeur can jump in there and have a strong game like he did against Minny.

Another huge one tonight.
GO SENS GO!!

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:08 AM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larionov View Post
So, all of a sudden both struggling goalies are "unavailable" for tonight? How convenient. You can colour me skeptical, as I bet one of them could have played if need be.

As a fan, though, I am thrilled, because SOMETHING had to give. The team simply had to shake up the chemistry somehow, and giving Brodeur a shot is a good way to do it. How does it get any worse than the present situation, where both our goalies have a save percentage below .900? At this point, I would be ready to bring back Damien Rhodes. If Brodeur wins, and looks good, you keep him here and send Elliott back to Bingo. If we lose him on waivers, who cares?

Finally, cast your minds back to last June, when the team dumped Auld for a sixth round pick. Anyone else thinking that might have been a bad move? At least Auld would have given us one more proven NHL goalie in the organization. Going with Elliott to save a grand total of 400K in cap space was penny wise and pound foolish.
That's a whole other discussion. So wonderful, not only do both our goalies suck right now and can't stop a puck for their life, but now we find out they're both *****'s!

I don't know, this is a tough one. Would the Sens really call up Brodeur on emergency basis and go through all that trouble ON game day if they didn't have to??

Old
01-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Alfredsson11

Holy ****, Lecalire was hit in practice, i can't believe he made a save

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Alfredsson11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
So Brodeur would called up on an Emergency basis, since you usually need to give the NHL 24 hours notice on a call up?

First of all, that absolutely sucks Leclaire was hit in practice..even though he has been awful lately, I was hoping he would play through it. How many times can one guy get injured?? Hopefully it's minor.

Lastly, it's a shame Brodeur only gets a call up when it's due to injury. We all wanted him up and to get a shot and now he gets it but not because of strong play in Bingo and not cause Clouston wants to shake things up...because he's got no other choice.

Anyway hopefully Brodeur can jump in there and have a strong game like he did against Minny.

GO SENS GO!!
Perhpas he got food posioning or caught the flu playing dodge ball yesterday

Old
01-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Indy on the Road
From the ground up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larionov View Post

I would care if we lost Elliott for nothing. He is struggling but he is far from a lost cause.

They thought, and probably still do think, that Elliott has the potential to be a starter. Auld is a career backup with terrible numbers himself right now in Dallas. They absolutely made the right choice.

We are so tough on goaltenders here it's unreal. Alex Auld revisionism? Ridiculous.

This team should've kept Emery though!

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:14 AM
MatthewT

Quote:
That's a whole other discussion. So wonderful, not only do both our goalies suck right now and can't stop a puck for their life, but now we find out they're both *****'s!

I don't know, this is a tough one. Would the Sens really call up Brodeur on emergency basis and go through all that trouble ON game day if they didn't have to??
yes, im sure bingo isn't that far from NYC since there in the same state

Old
01-14-2010, 11:23 AM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
yes, im sure bingo isn't that far from NYC since there in the same state
not the point man, not much prep time for Broduer not to mention quite a bit of pressure stepping in on an ice cold team during a five game losing streak

but really....he can't be much worse than the goaltending we got the other night.

Old
01-14-2010, 11:28 AM
Alfredsson11

Quote:
not the point man, not much prep time for Broduer not to mention quite a bit of pressure stepping in on an ice cold team during a five game losing streak

but really....he can't be much worse than the goaltending we got the other night.
Well he allowed 1 goal against Minny in his NHL debut and it was his first game in over a month.

Also guys in the AHL play a ton of games in a short time period, so im not worried.

Old
01-14-2010, 11:30 AM
Alfredsson11

Kovalev - Regin - Shannon
Foligno - Fisher - Neil
Ruutu - Kelly - Cheechoo
Donovan - Smith - Daugavins

Old
01-14-2010, 11:36 AM
gosensgo1995*

Quote:

GO SENS GO!!
there isn't normally a big tsn warning when a player is about to get sick. yes, itis random, because people randomly get sick. you dont happen to have any older bros or sisters, do you? maybe 1 or 2 years olders?

gosensgo1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredsson11 View Post
Kovalev - Regin - Shannon
Foligno - Fisher - Neil
Ruutu - Kelly - Cheechoo
Donovan - Smith - Daugavins
Can we just forfeit all the games until Alfie is back?

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote