HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

GDT: Ottawa Senators vs New York Rangers - 7:00 PM EST - SNET(E)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-14-2010, 10:30 AM
  #1
MatthewT
Registered User
 
MatthewT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,588
vCash: 500
GDT: Ottawa Senators vs New York Rangers - 7:00 PM EST - SNET(E)

nobody had it up and mendes is saying Brodeur may start tonight

ian_mendes

There is a chance that Mike Brodeur could start for Sens tonight. Leclaire took a shot during practice. Elliott apparently sick.

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:32 AM
  #2
jbeck5
Registered User
 
jbeck5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,475
vCash: 500
sweeet. He looked good last game. Play him until he sucks. If that never happens, then we might have ourselves the next brodeur...literally.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:39 AM
  #3
gmyx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Sensville
Country: Canada
Posts: 654
vCash: 500
Mike Brodeur to Start Tonight

Per Senschirp per Ian Mendes
http://www.senschirp.ca/2010/01/mike...-to-start.html

gmyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:40 AM
  #4
Indy on the Road
From the ground up
 
Indy on the Road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,732
vCash: 500
Haha, what the ****?

Oh, Elliott is sick and Leclaire may be hurt. Makes sense then. I thought the Sens were trying to stir **** up.

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:41 AM
  #5
SenatorsFC
Registered User
 
SenatorsFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Plantagenet
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SenatorsFC
You've gotta be kidding me?

So Leclaire hurt by a shot in practice...wow

Quote:
Ian Mendes is reporting that there is a chance Mike Brodeur could start tonight for the Ottawa Senators. Leclaire was hit by a shot in practice apparently.
ANNND :

Quote:
Meanwhile, back up Brian Elliott is sick.

SenatorsFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:42 AM
  #6
MatthewT
Registered User
 
MatthewT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,588
vCash: 500
I made the gameday thread for this very reason, but anyway

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:47 AM
  #7
The Lehner
#LehnerTime
 
The Lehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,331
vCash: 500
Leclaire got in the way of a shot?

Miracles do happen.

The Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:47 AM
  #8
MatthewT
Registered User
 
MatthewT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,588
vCash: 500
SensReporter on twitter said that he is on his way, so I guess he is called up for sure.

SensReporter

What's next? Leclaire hurt, Elliott sick, Brodeur en route from Bingo...

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:47 AM
  #9
SenatorsFC
Registered User
 
SenatorsFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Plantagenet
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,935
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SenatorsFC
6 game losing skid incoming

Sorry, just can't see us winning when we lost to Atlanta, Carolina, and Florida.

Especially after that incredible game Lunqvist had against NJ

SenatorsFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:52 AM
  #10
internetdotcom
11 + 15 + 19 = 666
 
internetdotcom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Capital O
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,551
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to internetdotcom Send a message via Yahoo to internetdotcom
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Maverick View Post
Leclaire got in the way of a shot?

Miracles do happen.

internetdotcom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:52 AM
  #11
jbeck5
Registered User
 
jbeck5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenatorsFC View Post
6 game losing skid incoming

Sorry, just can't see us winning when we lost to Atlanta, Carolina, and Florida.

Especially after that incredible game Lunqvist had against NJ
Yeah but now we have brodeur! ...I'm slightly optimistic for some reason though.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:56 AM
  #12
MatthewT
Registered User
 
MatthewT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
Yeah but now we have brodeur! ...I'm slightly optimistic for some reason though.
false sense of hope, Brodeur was good against Minnesota, but don't forget that most were using some sort of new equipment and they never had a boat load of shots. Thats not to say that he can't have a good game though

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:58 AM
  #13
Slippy
Registered User
 
Slippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
nobody had it up and mendes is saying Brodeur may start tonight

ian_mendes

There is a chance that Mike Brodeur could start for Sens tonight. Leclaire took a shot during practice. Elliott apparently sick.
See it was better for him to let them simply go past him; he at least avoided injury that way. See what he gets for getting in front of a shot.

Slippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:06 AM
  #14
Larionov
Registered User
 
Larionov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ottawa, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 968
vCash: 500
So, all of a sudden both struggling goalies are "unavailable" for tonight? How convenient. You can colour me skeptical, as I bet one of them could have played if need be.

As a fan, though, I am thrilled, because SOMETHING had to give. The team simply had to shake up the chemistry somehow, and giving Brodeur a shot is a good way to do it. How does it get any worse than the present situation, where both our goalies have a save percentage below .900? At this point, I would be ready to bring back Damien Rhodes. If Brodeur wins, and looks good, you keep him here and send Elliott back to Bingo. If we lose him on waivers, who cares?

Finally, cast your minds back to last June, when the team dumped Auld for a sixth round pick. Anyone else thinking that might have been a bad move? At least Auld would have given us one more proven NHL goalie in the organization. Going with Elliott to save a grand total of 400K in cap space was penny wise and pound foolish.

Larionov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:06 AM
  #15
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!
 
GoSensGo765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,578
vCash: 500
So Brodeur would called up on an Emergency basis, since you usually need to give the NHL 24 hours notice on a call up?

First of all, that absolutely sucks Leclaire was hit in practice..even though he has been awful lately, I was hoping he would play through it. How many times can one guy get injured?? Hopefully it's minor.

Second of all, since when is Elliott sick? That's pretty random.

Lastly, it's a shame Brodeur only gets a call up when it's due to injury. We all wanted him up and to get a shot and now he gets it but not because of strong play in Bingo and not cause Clouston wants to shake things up...because he's got no other choice.

Anyway hopefully Brodeur can jump in there and have a strong game like he did against Minny.

Another huge one tonight.
GO SENS GO!!

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:08 AM
  #16
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!
 
GoSensGo765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larionov View Post
So, all of a sudden both struggling goalies are "unavailable" for tonight? How convenient. You can colour me skeptical, as I bet one of them could have played if need be.

As a fan, though, I am thrilled, because SOMETHING had to give. The team simply had to shake up the chemistry somehow, and giving Brodeur a shot is a good way to do it. How does it get any worse than the present situation, where both our goalies have a save percentage below .900? At this point, I would be ready to bring back Damien Rhodes. If Brodeur wins, and looks good, you keep him here and send Elliott back to Bingo. If we lose him on waivers, who cares?

Finally, cast your minds back to last June, when the team dumped Auld for a sixth round pick. Anyone else thinking that might have been a bad move? At least Auld would have given us one more proven NHL goalie in the organization. Going with Elliott to save a grand total of 400K in cap space was penny wise and pound foolish.
That's a whole other discussion. So wonderful, not only do both our goalies suck right now and can't stop a puck for their life, but now we find out they're both *****'s!

I don't know, this is a tough one. Would the Sens really call up Brodeur on emergency basis and go through all that trouble ON game day if they didn't have to??

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:10 AM
  #17
Alfredsson11
Registered User
 
Alfredsson11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,940
vCash: 500
Holy ****, Lecalire was hit in practice, i can't believe he made a save

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:11 AM
  #18
Alfredsson11
Registered User
 
Alfredsson11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
So Brodeur would called up on an Emergency basis, since you usually need to give the NHL 24 hours notice on a call up?

First of all, that absolutely sucks Leclaire was hit in practice..even though he has been awful lately, I was hoping he would play through it. How many times can one guy get injured?? Hopefully it's minor.

Second of all, since when is Elliott sick? That's pretty random.

Lastly, it's a shame Brodeur only gets a call up when it's due to injury. We all wanted him up and to get a shot and now he gets it but not because of strong play in Bingo and not cause Clouston wants to shake things up...because he's got no other choice.

Anyway hopefully Brodeur can jump in there and have a strong game like he did against Minny.

Another huge one tonight.
GO SENS GO!!
Perhpas he got food posioning or caught the flu playing dodge ball yesterday

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:11 AM
  #19
Indy on the Road
From the ground up
 
Indy on the Road's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larionov View Post
So, all of a sudden both struggling goalies are "unavailable" for tonight? How convenient. You can colour me skeptical, as I bet one of them could have played if need be.

As a fan, though, I am thrilled, because SOMETHING had to give. The team simply had to shake up the chemistry somehow, and giving Brodeur a shot is a good way to do it. How does it get any worse than the present situation, where both our goalies have a save percentage below .900? At this point, I would be ready to bring back Damien Rhodes. If Brodeur wins, and looks good, you keep him here and send Elliott back to Bingo. If we lose him on waivers, who cares?

Finally, cast your minds back to last June, when the team dumped Auld for a sixth round pick. Anyone else thinking that might have been a bad move? At least Auld would have given us one more proven NHL goalie in the organization. Going with Elliott to save a grand total of 400K in cap space was penny wise and pound foolish.
I would care if we lost Elliott for nothing. He is struggling but he is far from a lost cause.

They thought, and probably still do think, that Elliott has the potential to be a starter. Auld is a career backup with terrible numbers himself right now in Dallas. They absolutely made the right choice.

We are so tough on goaltenders here it's unreal. Alex Auld revisionism? Ridiculous.

This team should've kept Emery though!

Indy on the Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:14 AM
  #20
MatthewT
Registered User
 
MatthewT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
That's a whole other discussion. So wonderful, not only do both our goalies suck right now and can't stop a puck for their life, but now we find out they're both *****'s!

I don't know, this is a tough one. Would the Sens really call up Brodeur on emergency basis and go through all that trouble ON game day if they didn't have to??
yes, im sure bingo isn't that far from NYC since there in the same state

MatthewT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:23 AM
  #21
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!
 
GoSensGo765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewT View Post
yes, im sure bingo isn't that far from NYC since there in the same state
not the point man, not much prep time for Broduer not to mention quite a bit of pressure stepping in on an ice cold team during a five game losing streak

but really....he can't be much worse than the goaltending we got the other night.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:28 AM
  #22
Alfredsson11
Registered User
 
Alfredsson11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
not the point man, not much prep time for Broduer not to mention quite a bit of pressure stepping in on an ice cold team during a five game losing streak

but really....he can't be much worse than the goaltending we got the other night.
Well he allowed 1 goal against Minny in his NHL debut and it was his first game in over a month.

Also guys in the AHL play a ton of games in a short time period, so im not worried.

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:30 AM
  #23
Alfredsson11
Registered User
 
Alfredsson11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,940
vCash: 500
Kovalev - Regin - Shannon
Foligno - Fisher - Neil
Ruutu - Kelly - Cheechoo
Donovan - Smith - Daugavins

Alfredsson11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:36 AM
  #24
gosensgo1995*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
So Brodeur would called up on an Emergency basis, since you usually need to give the NHL 24 hours notice on a call up?

First of all, that absolutely sucks Leclaire was hit in practice..even though he has been awful lately, I was hoping he would play through it. How many times can one guy get injured?? Hopefully it's minor.

Second of all, since when is Elliott sick? That's pretty random.

Lastly, it's a shame Brodeur only gets a call up when it's due to injury. We all wanted him up and to get a shot and now he gets it but not because of strong play in Bingo and not cause Clouston wants to shake things up...because he's got no other choice.

Anyway hopefully Brodeur can jump in there and have a strong game like he did against Minny.

Another huge one tonight.
GO SENS GO!!
there isn't normally a big tsn warning when a player is about to get sick. yes, itis random, because people randomly get sick. you dont happen to have any older bros or sisters, do you? maybe 1 or 2 years olders?

gosensgo1995* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 11:37 AM
  #25
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons
 
Ghost in the Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 9,020
vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfredsson11 View Post
Kovalev - Regin - Shannon
Foligno - Fisher - Neil
Ruutu - Kelly - Cheechoo
Donovan - Smith - Daugavins
Can we just forfeit all the games until Alfie is back?

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.