HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Bauer Vapor X40 stick

Old
01-14-2010, 06:49 PM
awilde

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby Jones View Post
Has anyone used both this stick and the XXV? Are they similar? I love my XXV, but I think her time might be coming to an end and I can't find my curve and flex anymore.
It's basically the same stick. The X40 is a fraction lighter...that's about it. Has the same feel and touch.

What curve did you use for the XXV? I used the p88 which was the Lindros curve but is now the Kane Curve.

You can find all of the curves and flex patterns here
http://www.bauer.com/gear/player/sticks/7705-BAUER

awilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 06:59 PM
EndlessNameless9319

Send a message via MSN to EndlessNameless9319
I just ordered a Vapor X40 with the Backstrom(P92) curve and 77 flex. I used my friend's during a pick up game and it was awesome. My shots did seem to have more velocity behind them, and I love the Backstrom curve.

EndlessNameless9319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 07:09 PM
AIREAYE

Quote:
Originally Posted by awilde View Post
It's basically the same stick. The X40 is a fraction lighter...that's about it. Has the same feel and touch.

What curve did you use for the XXV? I used the p88 which was the Lindros curve but is now the Kane Curve.

You can find all of the curves and flex patterns here
http://www.bauer.com/gear/player/sticks/7705-BAUER
Actually, I think the X:40 is noticably lighter than the XXV. Anyone weigh the 2?

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 08:43 PM
Hockeyfan68

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresKings2611 View Post
I just ordered a Vapor X40 with the Backstrom(P92) curve and 77 flex. I used my friend's during a pick up game and it was awesome. My shots did seem to have more velocity behind them, and I love the Backstrom curve.
before hockey last night I talked with not one but TWO guys we play with about that stick as they use them. Both really liked the X40 and said it had great bang for the buck.

They were decent players too, not incredible or anything but good enough to know what they were talking about.

If I ever see a deal on them I may pick one up for a backup or something. I am too used to my regular stick to change at this point.

Hockeyfan68 is offline   Reply With Quote