HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs Beat Stars 5-3: Goals = Wins

Old
01-14-2010, 09:42 PM
King Woodballs
**** This Place

vCash: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
How do some of you posters watch the game at all?
I post from my iPod while I am watching

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:42 PM
KingRacicot*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year 101 View Post
[Price's] confidence is a little low right now...
No offense, bro, but ............ HOW DO YOU KNOW THIS?

KingRacicot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:44 PM
shealy04

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRacicot View Post
What's with the multiple use of bold/caps lock/large font posts?

shealy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:45 PM
24Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by sferreira123 View Post
Georges Laraque is a god on l'antichambre tonight
Posted via Mobile Device
Rocket Laraque

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:45 PM
totalrecall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I thought he injured himself after jumping on that glass. Did you see his back bent?
He was doing à la Ovechkin. I was sure he would break the glass

totalrecall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
And bravo Georges. Seriously, i had a feeling that something special will happen to Laraque before the game.. and then he scored his first goal with the Habs.
He was suffering internally because of the catastrophe in Haiti. His goal gave him a little beam of joy.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:46 PM
MicroFracture

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HOFF View Post
If we can score more goals than the amount of brainfarts price has in a game, we might end up on the winning end very often. I'll be the one to say it out loud ; he had a terrible game. I mean this in a very constructive way, I'm scared to see how little control he has over the rebunds, even from far out ... he cheats , can't handle the puck outside of his net either ... his lack of confidence his speading to the dman as they drop too much ... they are cheating too ... there was no confidence on the back end tonight and I will say that price had to do with it. Call me hater, I just want to see this guy get better and I don't like what I see...
Meh,, you're allowed to have your opinion and I agree that it wasn't a tremendous game for Price but he wasn't terrible. He got the job done. It's like if he doesn't completely steal a game then it means he didn't play well around here. Halak was able to get some wins without being spectacular, it's about time Price can do so as well. I didn't verify the stats but someone mentioned that Price didn't get more than 3 goals of support since the Columbus game in November. Yikes.

MicroFracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:47 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig71 View Post
How do some of you posters watch the game at all?
They watch on the radio.

Old
01-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Gomez is the man. So are Gionta and Pouliot but Gomez is really making things click out there.

Really hope Plekanec can get back on track ASAP...although I'm afraid that might not be for another 6 weeks
He made some fine plays.

Old
01-14-2010, 09:49 PM
hendextall

Quote:
If we can score more goals than the amount of brainfarts price has in a game, we might end up on the winning end very often. I'll be the one to say it out loud ; he had a terrible game. I mean this in a very constructive way, I'm scared to see how little control he has over the rebunds, even from far out ... he cheats , can't handle the puck outside of his net either ... his lack of confidence his speading to the dman as they drop too much ... they are cheating too ... there was no confidence on the back end tonight and I will say that price had to do with it. Call me hater, I just want to see this guy get better and I don't like what I see...
I will call you a hater. Price's rebound control is way better than Halak's. I don't care who is in net, I just want to win. But I get much less heart attacks from Price's rebounds than Halaks.

hendextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:50 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
And you never will.
You can cool it with the large font KR. We can see your posts well enough without them.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Year 101

Quote:
whats with the caps? you can read from his body language that his confidence isn't all too high. A guy with alot of confidence doesn't feel the pressure when he faces a shot and doesn't hold back you felt that after price made a save he felt at times a little hesitant. I think its good for goalies to regian confidence in themselves however because it allows them to feel down and then build themselves back up learn t heir faults and face them.

Year 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
The Eastern Conference standings are insane right now:

Bless the Leafs for foiling Philly.

Old
davenash

Pouliot is da man (and a gros bonhomme).

davenash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:51 PM
Natedawg
Lars Eller

I can't believe some of the fans we have. Pricey has been out for what, 9 days? And we **** on him?

He stood on his head in the 3rd.

That was a fun game to watch.... Couldn't be happier for Georges on that goal. The guy was so happy!

Natedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:52 PM
hendextall

Quote:
whats with the caps? you can read from his body language that his confidence isn't all too high. A guy with alot of confidence doesn't feel the pressure when he faces a shot and doesn't hold back you felt that after price made a save he felt at times a little hesitant. I think its good for goalies to regian confidence in themselves however because it allows them to feel down and then build themselves back up learn t heir faults and face them.

I love it when people can gain knowledge about other people from their body language.

hendextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:52 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty7 View Post
Great game still some flaws but i love chicken wingz and
SPACEK STILL SUCKS!
For sure, that 1st line he was playing against all game lit us up...

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:53 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92Rahman View Post
yea but sadly we have more games played no ?
True, but their rivals have to win those games in hand. Besides, it gives them one, two, or three extra opportunities to suffer injuries.

Old
01-14-2010, 09:53 PM
KingRacicot*

Quote:
I like how people have become experts on body language. Perhaps the guy just had one too many slices of pizza before the game and had a bit of heartburn. For all you know. For all I know. Sheesh.

KingRacicot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:54 PM
Year 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by hendextall View Post
I love it when people can gain knowledge about other people from their body language.
I don't know if that is sacrasm or not, of cours eall we can do is speculate but as someone who has studied psychology you can learn quite a bit of body language anyways my initial point still stands as I don't understand what allowed people to think of price having a bad game, he didn't have his strongest but albeit he stood on his head in the third and he played a strong enough game to help us win.

Quote:
I like how people have become experts on body language. Perhaps the guy just had one too many slices of pizza before the game and had a bit of heartburn. For all you know. For all I know. Sheesh.
as I said in my post alot of it can be considered speculation you can still always tell when someone is angry or happy based on body language, if someone is eyeing down his defenseman its not because he has a crush on him its because he may be dissapointed.

Old
01-14-2010, 09:56 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
You only see clearly what you choose to see. You mention some of the bad things, he was weak on one goal and he still stopped 33 of 36 shots. The second one he was screened on a pp by a guy who has a bullet of a shot plus it was tipped and the 3rd he stopped the first you can't expect him to do all the work. Price is actually one of the better stick handlers in the league, he is able to maneuver very well with the puck and did so this game besides the one fault. He was faced with a lot of odd man rushes and made some tremendous saves. Yes his confidence is a little low right now but so be it that does not mean he played a poor game as he had a solid one. If you don't like what you're seeing then perhaps you should change your outlook, he is the future of this team and for a young guy I think we are very fortunate.
I agree with your post ... but I really don't think price had great stick handle tonight ... he caused many turnovers, 2 of them should have been goals. He did saved 2 v 1 's , 3 v 2's ... its true ... but I'd also point out dallas failed to get a shot on net on most of their rushes ...

price has a bright future , everyone can see his confidence his low ... maybe its not as bad as I think it is, but when I look at the ''wow price had a great game'' ... I can't believe Im the one who choses to see what I want to see.

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:57 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Amazing what actually getting goal support will do. Price has an actual chance to get the 'W'. And win he does, despite a shaky first frame. Ah, but then, it was his first ice in HOW LONG? A few rusty bolts. By game's end and that ****-you bat-away of that mid-air puck, it looked like CP Superstar had his mojo back. Unbelievably, a Halak fanboy over on HabsInsideOut actually had the neck to insist that Halak go in next game versus Ottawa. Wow. I see now more than ever that Halak is going to have to be traded if we're to see an end to this obsessive fanboyism going on. Apparently, nothing short of it will do. Forget for a moment, of course, that Halakboyz are the first to parrot the ol' "win and you're in" thing to justify Jaro getting a bunch of starts in a row.

But I digress. Excellent team win tonight, even if the 'D' was suspect a many points. I mean, God! -- How many odd-man rushes and cross-ice plays? Why does this stuff never happen when Halak's in nets? It's weird.

BGL scoring and pulling an Ovechkin after: PRICELESS

The Ghost was, in typical fashion, floating around all night like a disembodied spirit with no home. God, I so want that guy to be dealt, if even just for a roll of electrical tape. He's as useless as [mammaries] on a bull.

Price 33/36. Not too bad. Bumps him up to .916. 11 wins. Excellent.

Habs 2 over now. BIG EXCELLENT!
Why doesn't it happen to Halak? Didn't you know that he's the Magic Slovak? His mojo keeps the Habs' Dmen from being caught up ice. Were Gill and mara out of their minds, I wonder.

Old
01-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Year 101

Quote:
I agree with your post ... but I really don't think price had great stick handle tonight ... he caused many turnovers, 2 of them should have been goals. He did saved 2 v 1 's , 3 v 2's ... its true ... but I'd also point out dallas failed to get a shot on net on most of their rushes ...

price has a bright future , everyone can see his confidence his low ... maybe its not as bad as I think it is, but when I look at the ''wow price had a great game'' ... I can't believe Im the one who choses to see what I want to see.
I never said he had a great game I said he had a solid one, I didn't really even see many people saying he had a great game, but he was solid and kept us in it especially in the third. Its much easier to focus ont he negative then the positive thats true in all aspects of life, if you had a good moment or a bad moment with a company you are most likely going to talk to your friends about the bad moment. Habs mean alot to just about everyone on this forum at least I would assume so, so of course we will focus primarily on negative. Now I agree I think everyone would love the ceiling from him but still, I think we should give support.

Old
01-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian_man_44 View Post
Pouliot falls down more then my son when he was learning to walk....but, he's getting the job done so I'm not going to complain for sure. I don't know what's up with it but it works for him.
He goes after people. He knocked a few Stars down.

Old
01-14-2010, 10:01 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Nothing more.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote