HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Does anyone hate Howard Berger as much as me??

Old
01-14-2010, 09:19 PM
InNonisWeTrust
Bring on the trades!

vCash: 500
Does anyone hate Howard Berger as much as me??

I've been a leaf fan all my life and I know how bad the leafs have been the last 5 years. Do I really need to hear it every day? Especially from some snizzling terd. I can't stand this guy anymore. He is supposed to report on the leafs daily activity not how Brian Burke shouldn't have traded two first round picks for Kessel (which he brings up once a week) I would love to see this idiot run an nhl team. Better yet I would love to see him tell Brain Burke everything he writes on the internet or says behind his back on tv. He is everywhere sportsnet, hockeybuzz, am590 and he was even on off the record the other day. Just needed to get this off my chest and was wondering how everyone else felt.

Cheers

InNonisWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:20 PM
htpwn

Meh commentators other than Pierre McGuire don't tend to bother me.

htpwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:21 PM
beleaf101

Do what i do, don't listen to him.

beleaf101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Jerkini

I'm going to be honest. I don't care what these columnists say in their articles. It is not particularly difficult to avoid reading anything they write. In fact the only time i'll even glance at their articles is when people post about them on this forum.

Jerkini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:25 PM
dubey
The Best (per IIHF)

Hockeybuzz
Fan590
Sportsnet

Talk about credibility. I try to avoid all three.

dubey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchennForCaptain View Post
I've been a leaf fan all my life and I know how bad the leafs have been the last 5 years. Do I really need to hear it every day?
Someone is forcing you to listen to the radio or watch TV when he is on? If so, I would call the police. If not, I would stop complaining.

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Squiffy
Victims, rn't we all

After one of his articles a year or two ago, where he was obviously stuck for an idea to write about, and he reverted to the fallback "Leafs fans are sheep" articles.. a particularly insulting one... I swore him off and Hockeybuzz, lest they get one single more advertising cent of me.

R.I.P. Darryl buddy... it was too soon.. too soon
Squiffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:40 PM
EucaLEAFtys

Much of the Toronto Media Circus isn't worth reading or listening to, Berger included. As far as I can tell, only about 5% of what is reported on or written about is worthy material. Unfortunately, one usually has to sift through the other 95%, which is utter garbage, to find the pertinent stuff.

It's one of the main reasons I don't even bother with the TMC. It's just not worth the aggravation.

EucaLEAFtys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:45 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiffy View Post
After one of his articles a year or two ago, where he was obviously stuck for an idea to write about, and he reverted to the fallback "Leafs fans are sheep" articles.. a particularly insulting one... I swore him off and Hockeybuzz, lest they get one single more advertising cent of me.
He loves to play the victim too. "Poor me, everyone hates me, cause I tell the truth". No Howard, you're an asshat who condescends to the fans, and figures we're too stupid to figure it out. Go **** yourself, world biggest ******!

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:46 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Those are the articles that get me too. I can actually tolerate him on the radio, but his hockeybuzz stuff is crap.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:56 PM
LeafErikson*
Ice to meet you

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynrehab View Post
Those are the articles that get me too. I can actually tolerate him on the radio, but his hockeybuzz stuff is crap.
His updates on 20/20 on the fan are ok. But anyone could do that, it wouldn't make a difference.

LeafErikson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:57 PM
SteveV*

I can't stand him. It's like every player today, every GM is responsible for the last 40 years. His answer is always to trade everyone and tear it down, even when Quinn was here and we were good, same mentality. Berger needs a career change, he's the one that needs to be traded, way to jaded to give good analysis anymore. He also suffers from Napoleon syndrome, not to mention being a complete geek that could never player ****.

For those who say don't listen, not that easy. He gets the scoop at practice, and the Fan has good hockey coverage. I will turn it off though. He says "I've said it a million times" a million times. Watch for it!! Kill me now.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 09:59 PM
leafs123

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Hockeybuzz
Fan590
Sportsnet

all three are a joke. the fan from time to time is good when it comes to hockey. I dont mind listening to brophy or when scotty bowman is on the morning show.

leafs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:02 PM
RogerRoeper*

I was ok with Howard until I started reading his articles on Hockeybuzz. He really gets off in taunting Leaf fans and giving cheap shots like a 13 year-old on an internet message board. And he really gives off this attitude that every Leaf fan is a poor, pathetic soul and he's here to tell us all the truth.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:04 PM
Garry Valk

He's doing what he gets paid to do: get people to read what he writes and listen to what he says. Clearly, he's pretty good at it.

Garry Valk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:07 PM
cupcrazyman
In Shanny We Trust

Berger is a lot better than Peter Lombardias from sportsnet.

cupcrazyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:08 PM
Tombernack

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
Hockeybuzz
Fan590
Sportsnet

So much this!

- one for each.

Tombernack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2010, 10:10 PM
Ratboy
The Samsquanch!

At least he's not Darren "I'm such a funny pretend analyst" Millard.

Ratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:45 AM
SuperCCM*

Howard is objective and bang on the money when it comes to reporting on the Leafs.

He is well respected and that's why he's been working in Toronto sports media for years.

There are reasons lots of reasons WHY the Leafs havn't won a cup in going on 43 years and continue to be the laughing stock of The National Hockey League.

Howard Berger is just one of a legion of competent reporters who tells it like it is when it comes to the Leafs.

Leafs Nation internet punks just can't handle the truth. Nothing new there.

Last edited by SuperCCM*: 01-15-2010 at 07:52 AM.
SuperCCM* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:48 AM
RogerRoeper*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCCM View Post
Howard is objective and bang on the money when it comes to reporting on the Leafs.

He is well respected and that's why he's been working in Toronto sports media for years.

Leafs Nations internet punks can't handle the truth.
It would be nice if we saw an article from him on Hockeybuzz after a Leaf win. If he's objective, that would be nice.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 08:15 AM
The Maple Leaf

Howard Berger and his ilk are just one of the many reasons why I get my Leaf news on Leafs blogs rather than the mainstream media.

The Maple Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 08:27 AM
hullsy47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numero 91 View Post
Howard Berger and his ilk are just one of the many reasons why I get my Leaf news on Leafs blogs rather than the mainstream media.
but in all fairness berger just reports what most hockey people say about the leafs day in day out.his articles are fot the most part based on fact .trust me he's the first guy to defend people too.i mean nothing MSLE vwould love moe than every reporter to be like joe bowen and be almost orgasmic at a player breaking a 0-30 slump.this is big time hockey.big money and honest reporting comes with the terirtory.this team is almost as rich as any major sports franchise in the world...everybody is paid well....well with that is expected results eveery 40 yrs or so.howie keeps people with an open argument in every report ,it makes even the most die hard leafs fan think maybe we're getting fu ...cked

hullsy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 09:04 AM
mydnyte

everyone hates him, but, people talk about him, so he keeps his job. stop talking about him, and stop reading his garbage, and eventually he'll get fired

people like you making posts about him are what keep him employed!
therefore, you must love Berger because you are helping him keep his job secure!!

mydnyte is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:41 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCCM View Post

There are reasons lots of reasons WHY the Leafs havn't won a cup in going on 43 years and continue to be the laughing stock of The National Hockey League.

Howard Berger is just one of a legion of competent reporters who tells it like it is when it comes to the Leafs.

Leafs Nation internet punks just can't handle the truth. Nothing new there.
He doesn't have to repeatly criticize Leaf fans for being "lost sheep" because we love our team, win or lose.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Joey Hoser

Quote:

I did the exact same thing. Was probably the same article that did it for me.

Joey Hoser is online now   Reply With Quote