HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why are the Rangers a bad home team?

Old
01-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Shadowtron

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
How in the world you leaved out Tom Poti? Getting old, ha?
As I said...blacking out memories

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 09:56 AM
bubba5

they just stink period!
Posted via Mobile Device

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 10:02 AM
94now

Why should they perform any better in front of ignorant and unappreciative crowd most of whom come to MSG to unload at some players the frustration that comes out of personal misery?

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 10:06 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Why should they perform any better in front of ignorant and unappreciative crowd most of whom come to MSG to unload at some players the frustration that comes out of personal misery?
Wow, talk about ignorant and miserable. Generalize much?

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 10:21 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Wow, talk about ignorant and miserable. Generalize much?
Yes. And you think they are caring, supportive and knowledgeable? They are New yorkers.
May be MSG is too big. From 400 and even 300 sections you see hockey players as a moving dots. No wonder they dehumanized them. Same story I think was with Shea Stadium. Hard to tell. I think players never cared about fans and lied how fantastic they think they are, but that notion or lack of thereof got worsen as of late.

Old
01-15-2010, 10:25 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Yes. And you think they are caring, supportive and knowledgeable?
May be MSG is too big. From 400 and even 300 sections you see hockey players as a moving dots. No wonder they dehumanized them. Same story I think was with Shea Stadium. Hard to tell. I think players never cared about fans and lied how fantastic they think they are, but that notion or lack of thereof got worsen as of late.
Caring? I don't know. Supportive and knowledgeable? Without a doubt. Fans in NY boo effort, and they boo you because they want to cheer you. Obviously there are idiots out there that know nothing and boo just for fun, but that happens everywhere. It's hard to believe that you've spent much time in NY or at MSG if you think the bulk of the fans are ignorant and nonsupporting.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 10:46 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

They should wear white next home game. Switch it up.

Always liked the home whites anyway.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 10:48 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
They should wear white next home game. Switch it up.

Always liked the home whites anyway.
yeah that'll help the home record.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 10:48 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstar3970 View Post
yeah that'll help the home record.
At this point, why not. Toronto did it last night and won.

Old
01-15-2010, 10:49 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
At this point, why not. Toronto did it last night and won.
because of the jersey colors no doubt.

Old
01-15-2010, 10:52 AM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

Quote:
Is that you Wade Redden?

---

No but seriously, it's disgraceful how bad this team has played at home.

I remember last year we were a great home team and I would watch other teams broadcasts and talk about what a difficult building MSG is to play in (from the opposition perspective) because the Rangers had so much fan support and it was loud.

Maybe the Garden ice is real bad this year? I know it's generally bad because they change it up for Basketball so often, but maybe this year they just aren't doing as good of a job. No ice is ever good that hasn't had much time to settle and you always hear players saying how bad the ice is out there. Perhaps the team just can't handle the bad ice?

As far as the booing goes, it is a bit ridiculous at some points (booing Rozival for touching the puck) but booing the team for effort (lackthereof) is completely warranted. Montreal fans would probably rumble the arena down with their boos if the Habs played as effortless as the team played last night. They don't stand for that crap either and why should we?

Ottawa wanted to win, while the lackadaisical Rangers took their sweet time trying to make tape passes and ended up turning the puck over NUMEROUS times--you'd think they'd learn after the first few times but it happened the whole night.

I'm sick of seeing the nonchalant, non-physical play by this team. Cally is the only one who goes out of his way to make a hit. Sometimes Avery. Everyone else on this team needs to be more physical.

I was so angry to see Lundy so frustrated last night because he doesn't deserve it after playing the way he played.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 10:56 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Caring? I don't know. Supportive and knowledgeable? Without a doubt. Fans in NY boo effort, and they boo you because they want to cheer you. Obviously there are idiots out there that know nothing and boo just for fun, but that happens everywhere. It's hard to believe that you've spent much time in NY or at MSG if you think the bulk of the fans are ignorant and nonsupporting.
You make it as if I take myself any different. I don't, not by much anyway.

Old
01-15-2010, 10:59 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
because of the jersey colors no doubt.
Let's not make this something its not.

Sports are filled with routines and habits. Sometimes you need to break them to get a simple lift. No one said that wearing another color will give you massive results. Maybe you've never had the pleasure of reading about sports psychology or the psychology of color. It has been proven that different colors illicit different responses in humans. In this case, wearing the whites at home (a jersey they have been successful in) might make a small difference - or just be a change for changes sake. Its not as profound as you make it out to be, but simple changes in routine can have a large effect on groups of people.

Take for instance the Central Park practice the Senators had the other day. Seemed to work didnt it? Sometimes you need to just switch something up. Or maybe you are just too shortsighted to recognize this, and thats fine too.

Old
01-15-2010, 11:07 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Let's not make this something its not.

Sports are filled with routines and habits. Sometimes you need to break them to get a simple lift. No one said that wearing another color will give you massive results. Maybe you've never had the pleasure of reading about sports psychology or the psychology of color. It has been proven that different colors illicit different responses in humans. In this case, wearing the whites at home (a jersey they have been successful in) might make a small difference - or just be a change for changes sake. Its not as profound as you make it out to be, but simple changes in routine can have a large effect on groups of people.

Take for instance the Central Park practice the Senators had the other day. Seemed to work didnt it? Sometimes you need to just switch something up. Or maybe you are just too shortsighted to recognize this, and thats fine too.
a jersey who has been successful in? all of the rangers who have won in white in the garden as rangers (ie: 0)?

Don't try to talk down to me with sports psychology and how "short sighted" i am. your original post was "At this point, why not. Toronto did it last night and won." And there's a big difference b/w a team morale/bonding exercise (as ottawa had) and changing the jersey color.

Old
01-15-2010, 11:09 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
a jersey who has been successful in? all of the rangers who have won in white in the garden as rangers (ie: 0)?

Don't try to talk down to me with sports psychology and how "short sighted" i am. your original post was "At this point, why not. Toronto did it last night and won." And there's a big difference b/w a team morale/bonding exercise (as ottawa had) and changing the jersey color.
On the road:

12-7-3

Road Jersey = White

And there isnt a very big difference between what the Senators and Toronto did IMO, as i explained above. Lets not get all pissy about this. If you laugh about one of my comments, i feel its necessary to explain myself.

Old
01-15-2010, 11:25 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
On the road:

12-7-3

Road Jersey = White

And there isnt a very big difference between what the Senators and Toronto did IMO, as i explained above. Lets not get all pissy about this. If you laugh about one of my comments, i feel its necessary to explain myself.
Fair enough.

i just think we're looking for correlation/reasoning between 2 things that arent related, but happen to occur simultaneously. (ie: we lose in blue, win more in white)

we're talking about 22-25 game sample sizes for each, and a difference to the point where a 2-3 game winning/losing streak the other way makes them about equal.

Could there be specific reasons for the record disparity? Sure. But i'd be shocked if the color on the jersey is one of them.

Old
01-15-2010, 11:32 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Fair enough.

i just think we're looking for correlation/reasoning between 2 things that arent related, but happen to occur simultaneously. (ie: we lose in blue, win more in white)

we're talking about 22-25 game sample sizes for each, and a difference to the point where a 2-3 game winning/losing streak the other way makes them about equal.

Could there be specific reasons for the record disparity? Sure. But i'd be shocked if the color on the jersey is one of them.
Oh, see - i agree.

I can be just as rigid in the way I look at statistics as well. I'm throwing out all statistical comparisons, etc. I'm basically stating that for some reason they've been jiving better in white and they havent scored at home for 6 periods straight. A simple shakeup whether its a different jersey color, a different locker room, a reversed sequence of warmup drills - whatever, could make a difference because it could just shake them up mentally. Sometimes you can't explain these things, and sometimes they work and sometimes they don't.

I apologize for the shortsighted comment, that wasn't necessary. Being a fan of this team can make you a little nasty these days and its easy to take things too seriously.

Old
01-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Nubbin

The Rangers are a bad road team as well. It's just that there home record is so bad it makes the road record look good!

Nubbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:18 AM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubbin View Post
The Rangers are a bad road team as well. It's just that there home record is so bad it makes the road record look good!
Not really, the road record is actually pretty good. A road record of .500 is considered good. Your home record is supposed to be well above .500, therefore, if the Rangers played like they should at MSG, they'd be a top team in the conference.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 11:43 AM
bubba5

only quality wins on the road just by glansing at the schedule, was vs. Devils early in the year, washington, buffalo (if I recall, that was all because of Hank) and i guess Boston. Ottawa is OK, rest are bad teams.

Old
01-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
only quality wins on the road just by glansing at the schedule, was vs. Devils early in the year, washington, buffalo (if I recall, that was all because of Hank) and i guess Boston. Ottawa is OK, rest are bad teams.
You're supposed to win against bad teams. Good teams are supposed to have superiority at home, that's no different than most other teams road records with wins and all that.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 04:59 PM
mm11

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenturcotte#8 View Post
I agree except on one point. Spare parts have a use, Brashear and Redden do not...

look around the league, the blue shirts have more than enough talent to be top five in any conference. They are just missing some chemistry. I cant imagine how bad things would be if they actually had injuries like every other team

just on defense alone to say Staal, Del Zotto, Girardi, Rozy, Redden and Gilroy are not talented is just false. compare that six to every team if you had time. The blue shirts come out on top alot. Look at the icelanders D for example: Streit, Sutton, Gervais, Freddy meyer, macdonald, and Hillen comprise of their top six. pathetic! that has been their blue line give and take for just about the last 5-6 years

now to say, Gabby, Duby, cally, Drury, Higgins, etc have little talent is false as well.

They just are mssing the chemistry to be an elite team because as we speak they sit what sixth in the conference and 13 points out of the top spot. that's just about six less wins than the top inthe conference. easily we can find six games that could of went their way

such a fine line to being great and being mediocre. just my 2 cents but all in all not a truly miserable season and still time to turn it on and finish strong becuase if they get hot and hank goes into the playoffs red red hot anything can happen. The coach has done it before.....

mm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2010, 07:42 AM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaromir Jagr View Post
You're supposed to win against bad teams. Good teams are supposed to have superiority at home, that's no different than most other teams road records with wins and all that.
Like last night. That's what other teams say about the Rangers!