HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NHL Investigating FSN Pittsburgh

Old
01-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
I'd personally rather see consistent effort season to season.
Are you saying that you think the Eagles have had a more successful decade than the Steelers?

As for the argument at hand, I am pretty sure that not a single person here has any idea who is really to blame here. Did the producer tell his staff not to send it? Maybe some intern messed something up. Whatever it is, FSN needs to handle it. The team and the league need to let them know that they aren't taking the situation lightly, but I don't think they should be looking to replace them just yet.

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 10:05 AM
RememberRoger*
apt w/ 2 sexy ladies

considering FSN Pittsburgh's ongoing, on-air love affair with Crosby/the Pens, this is hardly shocking.

RememberRoger* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 10:16 AM
CaptBrannigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberRoger View Post
considering FSN Pittsburgh's ongoing, on-air love affair with Crosby/the Pens, this is hardly shocking.
Isn't that FSN Pittsburgh's job?

I understand what you're saying, and this was wrong. Just thought that phrase was funny.

CaptBrannigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 10:22 AM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Just want to point out that Jaded-fan was completely correct. I honestly thought though that the league would stress this a little more. As it has been discovered, their hands are officially tied regardless of how dangerous this action was.

We all kind of knew the organization had nothing to do with it, so that part shouldn't come as a surprise.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ld_replay.html

Thanks for saying. That said, this will not be ignored I am sure. But will be handled behind the scenes. The leagues legal department likely has been called in and hammered some. This is what we get paid for, not to address problems when the horse is out of the proverbial barn, but to anticipate that the barn door could break before it does. If I were the attorney for the league I would have a memo sent with appropriate language to be inserted in all future contracts that will give the league the power to impose penaties in future cases on the station if warrented. Also this would be something brought up for language in future CBA's. As for the team itself, if they were somehow involved the league I am sure has remedies already in its bylaws. It just seemed unlikely given some of the silly moves FSN has made in the past and how well run the Pens have been in the past to think that the team was involved at all. But if they were, I can not imagine that the league has no remedies.

Jaded-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 11:34 AM
bb_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by C For Choke View Post
Then why the hell are they wasting time investigating it?
ummm, credability amongst other things. Integrity of the game?

not to mention the craptastic precendent it would send.

oh, and its just plain wrong.

bb_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 11:46 AM
97FlyersKing18

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalan2 View Post
Lol. The Eagles have 0% chance to win the Superbowl next year. The Steelers like to take the year after a superbowl victory off, just because. They'll win it again next year with their "swiss cheese" line and "overrated" defense that got them two superbowls in the last four years.
I am not even an Eagles fan, but they seriously do not have a 0% chance to win the Superbowl next year. I was just pointing out the rationale behind the other guy's post that made it look like the FSN-P and Eagles were on the same probability plane. A team that makes the playoffs consistently has more than a 0% chance of winning a Superbowl due to the talent level, schematics and winning mentality. A team with zero chance of winning a SuperBowl this year would be a team like the Rams, Lions, Browns, Raiders, Chiefs...

Congrats on winning 2 Superbowls the last 4 years while missing the playoffs directly after, but I find it hard to deny the fact that the Steelers line is perhaps the worst in football due to Big Ben being consistently sacked top5 in the league his entire career. Even when you had Fanaca with Bettis/Parker carrying the team, Ben was constantly sacked the 10 times he actually dropped back to pass. I really do hope Ben can survive another 5 years in the NFL, he is great to watch. Also, that big bad defense didn't look so daunting without Troy, so hopefully he can come back into form next year.

Don't get into the ring debate, we all know that all but one of them (which is still more than my team, the Cleveland Browns) have proven to be tainted due to steroids and blatantly blown calls. I am sure you don't care though, because you have rooted for a winner with 6 rings while waving your terrible towel. Winners keep on winning while losers make excuses I guess.

97FlyersKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97FlyersKing18 View Post
Winners keep on winning while losers make excuses I guess.
well said

Ogrezilla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:16 PM
Hero
Buffy is Back

NHL should put their own cameras in

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:19 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylonus View Post
No... we lost 7-4.

which makes me wonder why someone else made the comment of deduct 2 points....

wow. anything to make the pens look bad
Really...can't take a joke?

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote