HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Donald Brashear Suffers Excedrin Headache # 9 at Hands of Matt Carkner

Old
01-15-2010, 03:31 PM
The Mouth

vCash: 500
Donald Brashear Suffers Excedrin Headache # 9 at Hands of Matt Carkner

Matt Carkner leads the League in fights. I think Brashear needs more practice.

The Fight Video w/commentary

The Mouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:36 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

I think Brashear needs to hang em up.

...and once again Torts says hes "nicked" and didnt practice today.

Quote:
- No Donald Brashear and it doesn’t sound like he’ll play tomorrow night in St. Louis. Coach John Tortorella said he was “nicked” and it would be a game-time decision.
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

This guy plays 5 minutes and gets injured every game it seems - what is this guys role exactly? He can't even fight anymore. What a disgrace and a waste of a roster spot and cap space. Disgusting move by Sather.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:38 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Brash is not the enforcer he used to be, and we are paying him 1.7 mil to fight once every ten games and get hurt doing it. I know he's only a 4th liner but this has to be considered one of Slats worst signings.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:43 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I think Brashear needs to hang em up.

...and once again Torts says hes "nicked" and didnt practice today.

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/rangerrants/

This guy plays 5 minutes and gets injured every game it seems - what is this guys role exactly? He can't even fight anymore. What a disgrace and a waste of a roster spot and cap space. Disgusting move by Sather.
No retirement. He counts against the cap if he retires. In some fight down the road,Brashear is not going to able to hug anyone and he will get creamed. LTIR.

Quote:
The 6-foot-4 Carkner, who is eight years younger, engaged Brashear in a wrestling match along the boards at 3:23. At 11:44, he knocked off Carkner’s helmet with three left jabs, but Carkner’s right sent him down. “He was just holding on,” said Carkner. Neither bout seemed to spark Brashear’s teammates.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...ison-1.1702742

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Leetch66

Carkner also opened up Colton Orr pretty good this season . Ottawa got lucky with him . I made a reply in another thread about a huge guy named John Scott of the Wild...big big guy and he looked awesome the other night in Vancouver in his scrap . Imagine having Scott and Boogard in the lineup ! No question...Brashear is finished .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Loffen
Legend

I enjoyed it.

Loffen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:54 PM
Jersey Girl

Pretty interesting if you read the 'Rangers sign Brashear' thread from the summer, a lot of people thought it was a bad signing. But not everyone.

Check it out:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=657702

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:58 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Pretty interesting if you read the 'Rangers sign Brashear' thread from the summer, a lot of people thought it was a bad signing. But not everyone.

Check it out:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=657702
You can't even blame the people who supported the move. He was a much better player just last season than he is now. I mean, he struggles to even stay afloat in fights nowadays, let alone win anything. It's like his entire decline took place during the summer

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:01 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
You can't even blame the people who supported the move. He was a much better player just last season than he is now. I mean, he struggles to even stay afloat in fights nowadays, let alone win anything. It's like his entire decline took place during the summer
Well a lot of people did not support the signing, they must have known something.

Old
01-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

I'm okay with what I said in that thread - we needed a goon, he was one of the best available, in the long run its not a big deal cause he plays so few minutes, and he'd be one-and-done in NY.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:15 PM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I'm okay with what I said in that thread - we needed a goon, he was one of the best available, in the long run its not a big deal cause he plays so few minutes, and he'd be one-and-done in NY.
The problem is not the 1.4 minutes he plays, it's the $1.4 million per year in cap space. With the return we are getting from him, in a hard salary cap world that is a big deal.

Oh, and he's two and done, not one and done. Even if he retires tomorrow his entire salary hits the cap for this year and next.

Old
01-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
The problem is not the 1.4 minutes he plays, it's the $1.4 million per year in cap space. With the return we are getting from him, in a hard salary cap world that is a big deal.

Oh, and he's two and done, not one and done. Even if he retires tomorrow his entire salary hits the cap for this year and next.
I'm hoping he's traded back to the caps in the offseason

Money shmoney, his is still small potatoes compared to the guys that really make it impossible to make moves. It was a bad signing no doubt, gets talked about every week on here and will until Sather or Brashy is gone.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:27 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
This made me laugh out loud on how little luck the Rangers had. It's signings like these you cannot totally fault Sather, because last season Brashear was out there hitting everything, providing a solid forcheck, and fighting with the best of them. The Rangers are so unlucky it is stunning.

ColonialsHockey10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:39 PM
Lex444

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leetch66 View Post
Carkner also opened up Colton Orr pretty good this season . Ottawa got lucky with him . I made a reply in another thread about a huge guy named John Scott of the Wild...big big guy and he looked awesome the other night in Vancouver in his scrap . Imagine having Scott and Boogard in the lineup ! No question...Brashear is finished .

They actually had two fights...in the first ORR KO'd him bad....in the second fight Orr got popped real good and was leaking...Orr and Carkner are two of the best...Fearless!

Brashear has seen his best days...his signing was a joke

Lex444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:40 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Dude ****ing sucks.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:01 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Oooh yay! We get to watch Cam Jannsen beat the stuffing out of Voros... AGAIN.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:07 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Oooh yay! We get to watch Cam Jannsen beat the stuffing out of Voros... AGAIN.
I dunno what fight you were watching, but I can't wait to see Voros' face put a beating on Janssen's fist again.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:11 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I dunno what fight you were watching, but I can't wait to see Voros' face put a beating on Janssen's fist again.
huh?? Don't get it? Try rereading my post.

Old
01-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Petey Pucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
huh?? Don't get it? Try rereading my post.
LOL he has agreeing with you, don't you get the joke? "Voros face putting a beating on janssens knuckles". Meaning voros get's his head pounded at the expense of jannsenns knuckles lol....it was a joke

Petey Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:38 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petey Pucks View Post
LOL he has agreeing with you, don't you get the joke? "Voros face putting a beating on janssens knuckles". Meaning voros get's his head pounded at the expense of jannsenns knuckles lol....it was a joke
Uh Yep. Got that part.

Guess the "i don't know what fight you were watching" threw me off".

Must be the lack of sleep i guess... my bad..

Old
01-15-2010, 05:48 PM
nyr7andcounting

Quick question... if a guy is signed after age 35, is waived, and then retires while he's in the minors and not counting against the cap is there still a cap penalty?

If not we better waive this guy asap. He's completely useless to the team and even worse, if he gets hurt in a fight or decides he had enough after this season then we're losing cap space next season without getting anything in return (not that much we're getting anything while he's playing anyway).

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Matt Carkner is a monster of a man. He is built more like a wieght lifter then hockey player. Matt is making the most of his playing time leading the league in fights and playing very well. Matt busted Orr's face pretty badly a few weeks ago after getting KO'd by Orr early this season. Brashear is finished as I posted last week it is all but over for him. Everytime he fights he is out a week afterward. He is not worth the stress put him out to pasture. John Scott is mentioned and if everyone listens to the show with mouth I have posting for 3 months we should be targeting him for the enforcer 7th defensemen role. The guy is a monster and has some skill.
The Rangers need a heavyweight and Brashear is not it

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:03 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Matt Carkner is a monster of a man. He is built more like a wieght lifter then hockey player. Matt is making the most of his playing time leading the league in fights and playing very well. Matt busted Orr's face pretty badly a few weeks ago after getting KO'd by Orr early this season. Brashear is finished as I posted last week it is all but over for him. Everytime he fights he is out a week afterward. He is not worth the stress put him out to pasture. John Scott is mentioned and if everyone listens to the show with mouth I have posting for 3 months we should be targeting him for the enforcer 7th defensemen role. The guy is a monster and has some skill.
John Scott really pasted Alexander Bolduc the other night.

The guy is one big dude, with a very long reach. Why Vancouver would attempt to start **** while he and the Boogeyman are out there is

Old
01-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
here is the fight and the story behind it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydwy4OX5gZw

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/57299562.html

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:12 PM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Truuuuuth.

Still hate Brashear, he never earned any respect back from me from years of ******-baggery. Especially for that crap with Betts.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote