HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kristian Huselius for Michal Rozsival

Old
01-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Shake and Bake

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Yeah. I'm not looking to add years on contracts for under-performing players. If we ship out Rozsival, I want it to be in a deal for someone legit (unlikely) or a salary dump.
Its fun to always disagree with you.

I make this deal in a second. No doubt about it.

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 03:58 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
No way.

Rozsival is due $7 million over the next two seasons. Huselius is due $9.5 million over the same period.

In the summer,some team which missed out on landing a free agent defenseman will be in the market for a defenseman. A budget team. Not a cap team. $4 million and $3 million in salaries are what they care about and not the cap #.
Great point. While its not a huge difference to us, it is big enough for the type of team you are talking about and that would raise Rozys trade value. But i think if you are getting Huselius now, its not behind the idea that you would be trading him - so im not sure how that pertains to this deal purely from the perspective of increasing the talent base on this team now and into next year.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:04 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Great point. While its not a huge difference to us, it is big enough for the type of team you are talking about and that would raise Rozys trade value. But i think if you are getting Huselius now, its not behind the idea that you would be trading him - so im not sure how that pertains to this deal purely from increasing the talent base on this team now.
The only potential impact I can see is that it's possible a Rozy trade (in the circumstance RB is suggesting) would net us a solid young player/draft pick or something, without having to take on ANOTHER overpaid player like Huselius.

we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:05 PM
NYR Viper

How difficult would it be to get a #5 or #6 d-man at the deadline? They are moved all the time. Moving Rozsival for some offensive help and then trading a young player who may not geta chance here like Byers for a rental type d-man would be a good deal for this season, however, it would make this offseason a bit tougher as Huselius may be harder to move due to his contract type.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:09 PM
pld459666

I see proposals like this and immediately think of Jim Carey in Liar Liar

"SETTLE SETTLE SETTLE"

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:21 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
How difficult would it be to get a #5 or #6 d-man at the deadline? They are moved all the time. Moving Rozsival for some offensive help and then trading a young player who may not geta chance here like Byers for a rental type d-man would be a good deal for this season, however, it would make this offseason a bit tougher as Huselius may be harder to move due to his contract type.
That the catch though. We shouldn't be making the deal if we'd have to turn around and trade him in the offseason to create cap space. We aren't good enough that Rozy for Huselius is going to make a difference.

Any deal we make between now and the deadline should be with the intent of improving this team in the future (not for just this year) and/or creating cap space for next year.

Best case scenario for next year's cap is that it goes up about 1 mil, giving us about 8 mil to work with. But that's with only 10 forwards, 4 dmen and 2 goalies. Staal and Girardi will get raises and Prospal will cost quite a bit more than 1.15 mil if we intend to keep him. We could spend nearly all our cap money on just those 3 guys.

Trading Rozy, even if it only clears 3 mil, should be enough to fill out the rest of the roster. If we tie that money up in Huselius now, we could be in trouble. Sather needs to get Staal and Girardi extended before July 1st. No idea why he isn't doing it now.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Well it seems getting a #6 dman and a backup goalie has been almost impossible for the last 4 months. Unless you believe the management think they don't need another dman or another goalie.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 04:36 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Well it seems getting a #6 dman and a backup goalie has been almost impossible for the last 4 months. Unless you believe the management think they don't need another dman or another goalie.
At the deadline teams will be selling, it is easier to pick up those things at that time.

Old
01-15-2010, 04:45 PM
Radek27

Quote:
At the deadline teams will be selling, it is easier to pick up those things at that time.
So your saying we should be buyers at the deadline?

Old
01-15-2010, 05:06 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
So your saying we should be buyers at the deadline?
You really think we wont be?

There is a difference between moving a couple of players who arent in the future plans of the team(Prucha, Dawes as examples) and moving picks. Buying a small piece is a reasonable move for a team not likely to win-now.

Old
01-15-2010, 05:24 PM
In The Flesh

if both of their contracts end at the same time then YES I'd do it

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Vitto79

Rangers do this, they need scoring and Huselius has shown he can score. I am sure Higgins going the other way and a Dman coming back to the Rangers is a must though

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 08:21 PM
Carl Hagelins Flow
Flow Status: AMAZING

If the contracts end at the same time as there seems to be some confusion over when they do, then this is a good deal.

May need a low level pick in there but I wouldn't mind Huselius.

Carl Hagelins Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Chimp

"How about Rozsival f..."

Yes!

"... let me finish. For Huselius?"

Yes!

"But he..."

Yes!

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 09:08 PM
tjs252

I would be reluctant to do this.

Huselius looked like a legitimate star in the making in Florida in Bure's shadow, then Keenan got there and DESTROYED the kid's confidence. I can't think that taking a flier on him with Torts is a good idea.

In theory, yes, "talent" for "talent" I'd do it, but I don't think we'd be putting Huselius in a position to succeed here, and really, that's what you have to be ready to do if you're taking on a reclamation project.

tjs252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 09:16 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjs252 View Post
I would be reluctant to do this.

Huselius looked like a legitimate star in the making in Florida in Bure's shadow, then Keenan got there and DESTROYED the kid's confidence. I can't think that taking a flier on him with Torts is a good idea.

In theory, yes, "talent" for "talent" I'd do it, but I don't think we'd be putting Huselius in a position to succeed here, and really, that's what you have to be ready to do if you're taking on a reclamation project.
This is what I'm concerned about as well. I think he has the potential to be yet another underachieving forward on the Rangers who struggles to score 20 goals.

Huselius's cap hit is $250,000 less than Rozy's, which still won't provide us with much salary cap flexibility. As others have mentioned, I would prefer to trade Rozy in a salary dump type deal.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 09:18 PM
NY Ranger86

Quote:
What rookie is ready to play 20+ minutes a night providing solid play? And lets not let the misguided bashers of the guy stink up this thread, Roszival has been playing very good hockey for over a month now. In fact, hes been our second best defenseman behind Staal. Thats not easily replaceable.
THIS.

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Callahan Auto
Rational Police

We need help on offense more than we do on defense but even with Huselius, we're not going far in the playoffs. When you add that to the fact that Rozi is more movable this upcoming offseason, I'd say no. It's more important to add cap space this summer than it is to add a very small improvement to our current squad.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 11:24 PM
darko

I would do this in a heartbeat. Huselius would rank 2nd in goals and 2nd in points for us. Both contracts run out in the same time, similar cap hit so it's a wash really.

darko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 11:59 PM
blue68

Send a message via AIM to blue68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Rangers do this, they need scoring and Huselius has shown he can score. I am sure Higgins going the other way and a Dman coming back to the Rangers is a must though
Can we get back Tyutin

blue68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 12:01 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Good for both teams....

01-16-2010, 02:21 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

There's a lesson here. This trade could happen and is very realistic. 1-1. Value for value. These are the kind of trades that get made, not the ridiculous 5-3 trades that often get proposed here. I'd do this trade for the present (because it seems to make sense) but also for the future (because Huselius can be moved down the road easier than Rozsival. Howsom and Sather are buddies.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 05:38 AM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
There's a lesson here. This trade could happen and is very realistic. 1-1. Value for value. These are the kind of trades that get made, not the ridiculous 5-3 trades that often get proposed here. I'd do this trade for the present (because it seems to make sense) but also for the future (because Huselius can be moved down the road easier than Rozsival. Howsom and Sather are buddies.
So your ready to deal one of our top defenders for another 2nd line talent? So Wade Redden is going to be the only veteran defender on this team? Why am I the only one who think this is a bad idea?

Old
01-16-2010, 09:50 AM
AXN

OK. Maybe sent a forward back for one of Columbus defenseman.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 11:03 AM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
So your ready to deal one of our top defenders for another 2nd line talent? So Wade Redden is going to be the only veteran defender on this team? Why am I the only one who think this is a bad idea?
Me and about 80% of the other posters here. You can't win if you don't score.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote