HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Pens scouting Ponikarovsky

Old
01-15-2010, 05:11 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

vCash: 500
Jeez look at the Leafs board. They think they are getting a 1st or Tangradi for this guy? I wouldn't do that if he was signed to a several year contract with league min.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:14 PM
jdpitt05

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Jeez look at the Leafs board. They think they are getting a 1st or Tangradi for this guy? I wouldn't do that if he was signed to a several year contract with league min.
lol many were adamant that Antropov would bring a 1st last year. I think a 2nd round pick would be fair for Poni. If Kotalik and Moore get 2nds, Poni absolutely does. I don't see a team giving a 1st for him though.

Maybe were better off getting the likes of Stempniak and Tkachuk and paying alot less. I just don't want to overpay for someone that is getting overhyped at the deadline. I'd rather give up a 1st for a sure thing in Selanne than a 2nd for Poni.

jdpitt05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:20 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpitt05 View Post
lol many were adamant that Antropov would bring a 1st last year. I think a 2nd round pick would be fair for Poni. If Kotalik and Moore get 2nds, Poni absolutely does. I don't see a team giving a 1st for him though.

Maybe were better off getting the likes of Stempniak and Tkachuk and paying alot less. I just don't want to overpay for someone that is getting overhyped at the deadline. I'd rather give up a 1st for a sure thing in Selanne than a 2nd for Poni.
I think thats very comparable. There is no way they are getting Trangadi or Caputi for him.

eXile59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:38 PM
tocchet92

Its usually about this time of year when we start calling for the Pens to trade for Petr Prucha...

tocchet92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXile59 View Post
Brunette would be nice at 2.3 for two more years but is he even available? I think a guy like Tkachuk might take a bit more to get for a playoff run. I'm thinking at least a 1st rounder for a rental.
All sort of depends on how they fare between now and the deadline. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to jettison some of their older assets for draft picks/prospects.

A 1st for Tkachuk? Given the Guerin precedent last year, I can't see him fetching that much. A 2nd would be reasonable.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:38 PM
jester910

I would love to have Dustin Brown on this team, but that's not probably going to happen. Right handed and signed to 2012 at a resonable price.

jester910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:44 PM
shureshot66
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
All sort of depends on how they fare between now and the deadline. I wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to jettison some of their older assets for draft picks/prospects.

A 1st for Tkachuk? Given the Guerin precedent last year, I can't see him fetching that much. A 2nd would be reasonable.
does tkachuk have a NTC? seemed like snow was pretty handcuffed by that at last year's deadline, if we're talking about guerin.

shureshot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Gooch

I would rather have the picks, or the prospect that would be involved in the trade for him.

Gooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:46 PM
Neeeeaaaal
Waffles Are Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by shureshot66 View Post
does tkachuk have a NTC? seemed like snow was pretty handcuffed by that at last year's deadline, if we're talking about guerin.
I'd heard that Guerin and Tkachuk are good friends... so take that for what it's worth.

(very little)

Neeeeaaaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:53 PM
Pierre Gotye

Poni would be a great addition to the Pens.

He's always working, is very defensively responsible. Earlier in the season when the Leafs were really bad he was leading the team in +/-, and for a while was our only positive +/- player.

He'll stand in front of the net, go behind it and dig in the corners.

Not physical in the sense he'll initiate the hits, but he is not afraid to use his 6'4 220 frame to his advantage.

I think Tangradi for Poni would be too much, as would Depres, although the Leafs lack defensive prospects aside from Blacker.

Caputi would maybe be a good alternative coming back the other way. Toronto native, power forward who goes to the net, exactly what Burke covets.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:11 PM
UnderratedBrooks44

The classic no risk rumor written by some random website that most of us have probably never heard of.

I'm going to start a new site and the first feature will about how the Penguins might be interested in Tkachuk and Ray Whitney.

UnderratedBrooks44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goncharmander View Post
I'd heard that Guerin and Tkachuk are good friends... so take that for what it's worth.

(very little)
But did you here it from your Dad? I just couldn't possibly believe that rumor otherwise.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:16 PM
Cairbre

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester910 View Post
I would love to have Dustin Brown on this team, but that's not probably going to happen. Right handed and signed to 2012 at a resonable price.
The asking price there would be Staal.

That trade was actually discussed on the main board in depth a little while back, if you wanted to get an idea of what Brown would cost, from a Kings p.o.v

Cairbre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:17 PM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
Originally Posted by shureshot66 View Post
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbreakaway23 View Post
I think Tangradi for Poni would be too much, as would Depres, although the Leafs lack defensive prospects aside from Blacker.

Caputi would maybe be a good alternative coming back the other way. Toronto native, power forward who goes to the net, exactly what Burke covets.
Caputi's our most NHL-ready winger, and he's looked very good with Malkin during his limited call-up. We're not dealing him for a UFA.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:41 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbreakaway23 View Post
Poni would be a great addition to the Pens.

He's always working, is very defensively responsible. Earlier in the season when the Leafs were really bad he was leading the team in +/-, and for a while was our only positive +/- player.

He'll stand in front of the net, go behind it and dig in the corners.

Not physical in the sense he'll initiate the hits, but he is not afraid to use his 6'4 220 frame to his advantage.

Start with a 2nd, not one GM is going to offer a 1st or their top prospects for a UFA rental. If a bid war starts, then it will go from a 2nd too a 2nd + and I wouldn't think any GM will go beyond that, not with out adding other pieces.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:50 PM
Levizk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassius View Post
A right-handed winger who is signed for a solid cap hit for a number of seasons.
Unless this right handed winger isn't particularly good he's going to cost quite a lot. Anytime you describe an ideal situation, chances are the demand for that situation is going to be pretty high.

Levizk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 07:54 PM
jester910

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairbre View Post
The asking price there would be Staal.

That trade was actually discussed on the main board in depth a little while back, if you wanted to get an idea of what Brown would cost, from a Kings p.o.v
Hey thanks, been a big Pens fan since 90 and I just stumbled onto the hf boards. Sorry if i repeated that.

jester910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 09:42 PM
MrBurgundy*
Time to move forward

Quote:
A right-handed winger who is signed for a solid cap hit for a number of seasons.
I think I have one of those laying around here somewhere. If I could only remember where I put it...

MrBurgundy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 10:06 PM
cassius

You guys act like right-handed, top-6 wingers are some sort of holy grail thats unattainable.

News flash: practically every team out there has one except the Pens.

A guy like Dustin Brown / Setoguchi / Boyes would be clutch, but I could settle for less. The Penguins have a decent amount of valuable assets, so acquiring one of these guys isn't out of the realm of possibility.

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 10:16 PM
PKV Jungle Friends
Gonna Be a Gas...

Quote:

A guy like Dustin Brown / Setoguchi / Boyes would be clutch, but I could settle for less. The Penguins have a decent amount of valuable assets, so acquiring one of these guys isn't out of the realm of possibility.
I would sell my kidneys to get Boyes on this team.

What do you think it might realistically take to get him?

PKV Jungle Friends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 10:22 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
You guys act like right-handed, top-6 wingers are some sort of holy grail thats unattainable.

News flash: practically every team out there has one except the Pens.

There's also that guy in Columbus...er, Moscow.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 10:24 PM
cassius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
There's also that guy in Columbus...er, Moscow.
Filatov and Radulov would both be great options. Here's to hoping that the KHL folds and these guys decide to come back to N/A..

cassius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 11:29 PM
wej20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKV Jungle Friends View Post
I would sell my kidneys to get Boyes on this team.

What do you think it might realistically take to get him?
I think it would have to be Staal, seems like the Blues have too many dmen for Goligoski or Letang to be an option.

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 11:39 PM
Silas Robertson
Hey, all in. Jack.

Quote:
Filatov and Radulov would both be great options. Here's to hoping that the KHL folds and these guys decide to come back to N/A..
Especially Radulov. Another year at under $1M would be AWESOME for a guy of his talent/experience.

Silas Robertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 11:51 PM
Fraction Jackson

Ponikarovsky isn't an ideal option, but he's certainly a solid option. He's not a liability in any facet of his game, he can put up some points and play some solid defense. Most likely he'd be a good fit with Malkin, since they're similar speed-wise and I think Geno really needs a little help.

If a 2nd gets it done, then I think it's a no-brainer.

Fraction Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote