HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds at Flames. Sweep The Leg edition

Old
01-15-2010, 10:38 PM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Preds 5-1 in Western Canada this season.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 10:43 PM
MemphisMTLfan

I still fear any type of playoff series against the Flames.

MemphisMTLfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 10:51 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Talk about playing the perfect road game. Outside of a couple of iffy moments (Franson, I'm looking at you), we pretty much shut everything down all night. It doesn't hurt that the Flames are struggling offensively right now, but we'll take it. I had hoped for 2 of 3 in western canada...3 of 3...even better!

And...I'm quick to call out Hamhuis and Klein when they have a bad game, as they usually do...but they were solid tonight. Best game out of that pair in quite some time, actually.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Webersmashpuck

vCash: 1088
Hornqvist may have a chance to break the team goals record in his first full season, I love this kid.

As was said but bares repeating Hamhuis and Klein were really good tonight, though I think the only reason Hamhuis had that nice hit on the Jones giveaway was because he was mad, he is the only player that can give the puck away like that.

This game could have had several more goals if the Flames werent snakebit and if Kipper wasnt red hot. But wow our defense played like they should, and an extra note, anyone notice at the improvement to the PK since Spaling has started playing there, he made some good plays tonight.

Webersmashpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 11:01 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
And...I'm quick to call out Hamhuis and Klein when they have a bad game, as they usually do...but they were solid tonight. Best game out of that pair in quite some time, actually.
Definitely a great night by that pairing! Great road game...

All in all, just another great night to be a Predators' fan!!! Taking it one day at a time, but man does it feel good right now!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 11:05 PM
Meganuck*

Calgary Flames are the new Minnesota wild.

You guy played an excellent road game. Textbook.

Meganuck* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 11:10 PM
irisheyes555

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisHockeyFan View Post
I fear what my neighbors think of me screaming YES YES YES THAT'S RIGHT BABY! It just hockey.
as long as you don't say, "use both hands!!!!!!!!!"

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 12:24 AM
predfan24

That was one of the best feeling wins of the year IMO. In a game where the Preds had every reason to be content with their roadtrip and go home happy with 2 out of 3 in Western Canada they worked hard for 60 minutes. Hard fought game from both teams where you almost hate to have to see a team lose. This train just keeps on rollin.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 01:00 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Hard fought game from both teams where you almost hate to have to see a team lose. .
Hell no...I'm happy to see Calgary lose, I can't stand them!!

Fantastic trip.

Hornqvist worked his ass off all night long, he deserved that goal.

If you include the Ottawa game we were 6-1 in Canada this season.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 01:02 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

What a solid game. Who the hell thinks 1-0 games aren't exciting?

Contrary to what the guys on NHL on the Fly say, I don't think Calgary played that bad of a game. Of course though, the only way we can win a game is if the other team doesn't play well

I was about to post the same thing about Ham/Klein. IMHO, they have been getting railed on too much around here, so it's nice to see them have a solid game.

I've got to admit, this team has me sold. I wasn't sure if we were for real after our Nov/Dec run, but after seeing these last few wins, I think this team can and will make the post-season and possibly do some damage.

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 01:19 AM
thejlb*

lets just hope for a good one monday night. Lets get a good turn out as well. Since its a military monday. I can get anyone that wants a ticket for $20.00. Thats best available seating if you didn't know. It is the last one of the year.

thejlb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 01:29 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
I was about to post the same thing about Ham/Klein. IMHO, they have been getting railed on too much around here, so it's nice to see them have a solid game.
They've ranged from mediocre to down right brutal for most of the season, I think the criticism has been rightly placed. Im usually the first to jump on them because they drive me crazy but I have to agree with the sentiment here, they were both exceptionally good tonight.

Every Dman was outside of Franson who could have cost us the game. Crispy: "Dan is going to take the post out to dinner after the game for saving him that time"

Great win. Great road trip. Great team.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 01:29 AM
OpenWheel

I wish this team could play with that level of dedication on home ice. It seems that too often they've come out a bit flat at home and it's not as big an advantage as it could be. Love the road record this year though, pretty strong.

Now, as I caught much of the game, I'll offer my in depth analysis.

and and !!

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 04:02 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Well, at least I called the game winner

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:26 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Ellis gave the D credit in his post game and rightly so. Best total effort by them all game long. When Calgary plays their system the chances will be limited for your team. So that is how we end up with a 1-0 score. I almost laughed out loud at the goal that was scored-- I said to my wife, 'All the great shots and chances in this game and that is the one that gets buried?' Horny deserved it for sure.

IT also seems Erat is getting his legs back so he is back to game speed. Now the team needs to start pouring it on and pile up the points as they get harder to come by the further along we go.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
A big key to the game IMO will be how effective Ellis is at initiating breakouts tonight. Sutter mentioned the last time they were in Nashville that the key is to get the puck behind the Preds defense. If Ellis can negate some of that pressure, the Preds will have a much easier time tonight...
I think this really helped the defense play better last night against the Flames and lead to a lot of our success. Ellis played the puck effectively all night long (except obviously for when he sent it straight into the stands) and allowed our defensemen to move into position to accept an outlet pass rather than having to hustle back with a forechecker all over their backs and take a hit to make a play.

It was truly a key to the game that I think really sparked the great defensive effort we got out of the Preds last night...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:44 AM
Pattypred

I loved the after game interview in which Ellis said that he was definitely trying for the goal.

That would have made this wonderful game much, much sweeter if Ellis had scored.

Pattypred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:45 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Just got done reading the game recap on NHL.com. Had to shake my head and laugh when I looked at the three stars chosen by the Calgary media. Kipper deserved a star, but he deserved third star. Not the first star they gave him. How can the goalie with the shut out be second and the guy with the GWG be third? I love me some media bias

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 10:58 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
Just got done reading the game recap on NHL.com. Had to shake my head and laugh when I looked at the three stars chosen by the Calgary media. Kipper deserved a star, but he deserved third star. Not the first star they gave him. How can the goalie with the shut out be second and the guy with the GWG be third? I love me some media bias
I can live with the 3 stars, even though Danny got the shutout, it still doesn't mean that the chances he faced were tougher than the chances that Kipprusoff faced ... I honestly thought we had the better of the chances all night and should have had 2 or 3 goals ... Dumont glove save from the slot & O'Reilly (?) with the jam play were two of the other really damn fine saves that put him over Ellis

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 11:07 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
They played well last night, but the criticism has been fully earned. If they can string together a few more games like that, Trotz might be ultimately vindicated in keeping them together, but I still need more convincing.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 11:28 AM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conando View Post
I can live with the 3 stars, even though Danny got the shutout, it still doesn't mean that the chances he faced were tougher than the chances that Kipprusoff faced ... I honestly thought we had the better of the chances all night and should have had 2 or 3 goals ... Dumont glove save from the slot & O'Reilly (?) with the jam play were two of the other really damn fine saves that put him over Ellis
I thought about this, too. Kipper did make incredible saves all night. At any rate it just made me laugh a little to myself. The three stars don't really matter, so it doesn't bother me all that much. The bias just seemed a bit obvious.

On a side note, fans in Calgary are afraid of going outside today because the sky is apparently falling. Their sub-forum is nothing but doom and gloom right now. I am proud of the fact that not a single Predator fan is trolling them.

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 11:57 AM
PredsChik

On top of the NHL on the Fly guys not giving any credit where it was due to the Preds, they said it was a boring game and one went on to say it was probably the most boring game of the season.

I guess I like boring games.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 12:30 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
On top of the NHL on the Fly guys not giving any credit where it was due to the Preds, they said it was a boring game and one went on to say it was probably the most boring game of the season.

I always wonder how they are able to analyze all these games every night if they are doing the show. Obviously they only saw bits and pieces. That was one of the more entertaining 1-0 games I've seen in awhile.

predfan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 02:53 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post

They all need to be beaned with a cricket bat, then. That was as intense of a game as we'll probably see the Preds play all season.

Full marks to Kiprusoff, he played out of his mind. I suspect he wants that Hornqvist goal back; considering his form last night, that was a weak goal for him to give up.

Last edited by worstfaceoffmanever: 01-16-2010 at 03:02 PM.
worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:37 PM
jlsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
They all need to be beaned with a cricket bat, then. That was as intense of a game as we'll probably see the Preds play all season.

Full marks to Kiprusoff, he played out of his mind. I suspect he wants that Hornqvist goal back; considering his form last night, that was a weak goal for him to give up.
After the first period I was a little worried. Kipper was making some great saves and the boys were putting on some good chances. Flames offense is just not clicking and we were able to take advantage. Great road game for the team.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote