HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Ottawa Senators @ Montreal Canadiens - 7PM - RDS/HD CBC/HD

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2010, 01:58 PM
  #51
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I root for the Leafs against every opponent but the Habs. My rooting doesn't make the Leafs a playoff team but their 4-0 win against the Flyers suggests they may not be a bottom 3 team after all.
Trust me I do the same,I really don't wanna see boston get a top 3 pick

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:01 PM
  #52
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandvich View Post
Does that means you won't be able moderate this board ?!

PARTY !!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Haha...don't get too excited Sandvich. I'll be around tonight.
Nice try Sandvich

Habs 4 Life is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:07 PM
  #53
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I hope the Montréal crowd (I am born in Montréal… I know you guys/gals can sometimes be a little bit crazy) goes easy with that Mike Brodeur guy tonight. Please keep in mind: that 26 years old guy is used to minor-pro leagues so, please, no “booing” nor “chanting his name”.

We don’t want to intimidate him.

Also, and now I am looking at you Lapierre, Moen and Laraque, stay polite with Mike and for the love of GAWD, don’t try getting under his skin.

I mean… this game is not really important:



… so let’s make sure Mike feels right at home.
Are you his cousin/uncle/father or something?

Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:14 PM
  #54
Turtleneck Plek
Real Life
 
Turtleneck Plek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
I hope the Montréal crowd (I am born in Montréal… I know you guys/gals can sometimes be a little bit crazy) goes easy with that Mike Brodeur guy tonight. Please keep in mind: that 26 years old guy is used to minor-pro leagues so, please, no “booing” nor “chanting his name”.

We don’t want to intimidate him.

Also, and now I am looking at you Lapierre, Moen and Laraque, stay polite with Mike and for the love of GAWD, don’t try getting under his skin.

I mean… this game is not really important:



… so let’s make sure Mike feels right at home.
I'll make sure his evening is all fine and dandy. Certainly no boos, chants from me nor my friends. In no way will we incite other members of the crowd to yell displeasing things to him in the loudest way possible. Let this be of no concern, he will be just alright.

So yeah, going to the game tonight, hoping to see a big night from Gangsta, he's due. I smell multi-goal night for Cammy. We can win this easily, the players just need to come out strong and score a couple in the first, then this tired Ottawa team won't have the talent to come back. Big win tonight to get that 7th spot!

Turtleneck Plek is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:15 PM
  #55
mvp76
Registered User
 
mvp76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: planet earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habbydude View Post
i thought the same, but just checked the habs site, 2 shots
If I remember right the two shots came on the same scoring play..First one saved then got his own rebound..

As for goals tonight I see Cammy go on a little streak, Gio with another, Pouliot and Pleks..in a 4-2 win

mvp76 is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:17 PM
  #56
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul21Seeker View Post
If I remember right the two shots came on the same scoring play..First one saved then got his own rebound..
Yeah but didn't he get one also from along the right side boards, in the goalie's chest? That would be 3

Habs Junkie is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:22 PM
  #57
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,699
vCash: 50
Awards:
I'm very excited for this game tonight. I'm also very excited for the weekend in general. Two games on the two days of the weekend? Sick.

Habs have a better "Last 10 games" streak then Ottawa, as Ottawa has been slumping lately. Although they probably are getting Alfie back (are they? I have no idea.), Michalek is now out.

I've seen that somewhere before. When a team has two scoring lines, then lose one or two guys on the top line. Then once they're back for a game or two, another one or two go down from the second line. Too familiar, wouldn't you say.

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:23 PM
  #58
mvp76
Registered User
 
mvp76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: planet earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,825
vCash: 500
You could very well be right, I missed that one..Maybe they didn't count the initial shot on the goal..Eighter way, BLG scored! Now for a streak

mvp76 is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:26 PM
  #59
Kjell Dahlin
Registered User
 
Kjell Dahlin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
Posts: 1,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
I'll make sure his evening is all fine and dandy. Certainly no boos, chants from me nor my friends. In no way will we incite other members of the crowd to yell displeasing things to him in the loudest way possible. Let this be of no concern, he will be just alright.

(...)
Thanks; I knew you guys/gals would not let me down. I am so proud of my home town!



PS Habsfan18,

I think the Habs should do whatever they can to get under Mike Brodeur’s skin.

I hope the crowd starts chanting his name as soon as the national anthem is over.

This game is huge and Montreal (players and fans) should jump on Mike like lions on a weak zebra.

My previous comment was an attempt (a weak one!) at tongue-in-cheek humour... Go Habs!

Kjell Dahlin is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:32 PM
  #60
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,183
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Although they probably are getting Alfie back (are they? I have no idea.), Michalek is now out.
Yeah Alfie is back tonight.

Theosis is online now  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:34 PM
  #61
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 27,699
vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
Yeah Alfie is back tonight.
Iron Sheik : "FAKKIN BOOLSHET!"

Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:34 PM
  #62
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
**** the sens...habs win by a blowout 8-2

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:35 PM
  #63
Theosis
11, 27, 31, 67, 76 ♥
 
Theosis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: DDO, Montreal
Country: Greece
Posts: 10,183
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
**** the sens...habs win by a blowout 8-2
But.. Mike Brodeur in nets!

Theosis is online now  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:35 PM
  #64
Habsfan18
Global Moderator
The Future
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Thanks; I knew you guys/gals would not let me down. I am so proud of my home town!



PS Habsfan18,

I think the Habs should do whatever they can to get under Mike Brodeur’s skin.

I hope the crowd starts chanting his name as soon as the national anthem is over.

This game is huge and Montreal (players and fans) should jump on Mike like lions on a weak zebra.

My previous comment was an attempt (a weak one!) at tongue-in-cheek humour... Go Habs!
Oh, my bad. I must have left my sarcasm detector turned off today.

Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:40 PM
  #65
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theosis View Post
But.. Mike Brodeur in nets!
Thats why we gotta injure him early in the game, with boos!

After all, habs fans are a classless bunch of drunks...might as well serve our reputation.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:44 PM
  #66
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Thats why we gotta injure him early in the game, with boos!

After all, habs fans are a classless bunch of drunks...might as well serve our reputation.
Yup Habs fans are the only fanbase that boo's other teams players.

We should all be ashamed of ourselves and follow the lead of the classy Leafs fans, sit in our corporate seats and not show a drop of human emotion, makes for a ****ing great time.

JGRB is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:46 PM
  #67
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Yup Habs fans are the only fanbase that boo's other teams players.

We should all be ashamed of ourselves and follow the lead of the classy Leafs fans, sit in our corporate seats and not show a drop of human emotion, makes for a ****ing great time.
Hey, if it helps us have the mightiest defense in the league, I'm all for it

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:49 PM
  #68
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Hey, if it helps us have the mightiest defense in the league, I'm all for it
Inglourious Blueliners FTW!!!

JGRB is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:57 PM
  #69
FlyingoverMontreal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 46
vCash: 6337
I'm sitting in the Molson zone for the first time tonight. Anyone know if the view is any good?

FlyingoverMontreal is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 02:58 PM
  #70
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGRB View Post
Inglourious Blueliners FTW!!!
Inglorious because they're in a team of losers

Blueliners because of their uniforms, not because they know how to play actual defense.

Myron Gaines* is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 03:01 PM
  #71
Classified
Registered User
 
Classified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,148
vCash: 500
Is the beer at the game $10 plus tax or just $10, weird question but I gotta know how my cash to bring.

Classified is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 03:02 PM
  #72
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,405
vCash: 500
Habs loose 4-3 in a shootout.

shutehinside is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 03:02 PM
  #73
McNuts
Registered User
 
McNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,824
vCash: 500
Most important game of the year so far.

McNuts is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 03:07 PM
  #74
mvp76
Registered User
 
mvp76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: planet earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brereton55 View Post
I'm sitting in the Molson zone for the first time tonight. Anyone know if the view is any good?
Most seats in the arena are good view, only thing the habs shoot twice the opposite way, but still got a nice view..good atmosphere in that section, loud fans..

mvp76 is offline  
Old
01-16-2010, 03:09 PM
  #75
JGRB
#EllerThugLife
 
JGRB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
Inglorious because they're in a team of losers

Blueliners because of their uniforms, not because they know how to play actual defense.

Kone-a-sarek and Beau Chemin (directly to their net).

JGRB is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.