HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tambo Pressor on 1260 right now-Pathetic

Old
01-15-2010, 05:50 PM
Giant Moo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
But in the end, what choices do they really have. Injuries/illness have meant that in a good number of games there is no one in the PB, so if you sit someone you have to bring someone up. The cap and the fact that many of the candidates for promotion have waiver issues makes this more difficult than it seems.
And whose fault is that? Management.

Back to the top of the wheel we go.

Giant Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 06:24 PM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Moo View Post
And whose fault is that? Management.

Back to the top of the wheel we go.
NHL rules. Once a certain number of games of age, players need to clear waivers. Contracts have nothing to do with waivers.

01-15-2010, 06:26 PM
HotToddy

Quote:
So you're finally admitting you made that stupid statement about Phoenix, which also makes you look like a complete hypocrite for your Quinn comment?

I honestly didn't think you were going to respond, but I admire your willingness to admit your mistake.
What are you talking about Moo?

Here's my record on Phoenix
Courts will rule against Balsille - check
Won't be moved anytime soon - check
Crowds will come back if the team succeeds - TBD

It's funny how after 2 months of pitiful hockey the Edmonton fans can relate to what Phoenix fans have put up with on ice for 7 years.

HotToddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Giant Moo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotToddy View Post

It's funny how after 2 months of pitiful hockey the Edmonton fans can relate to what Phoenix fans have put up with on ice for 7 years.
You were telling all of us how Phoenix only needs a competitive hockey team for the fans to flock back. So this year, the Coyotes are one of the best in the West. So, where are the fans?

You're like a typical politician -- bring up their record and you get deny, deflect, and dodge. Why don't you stop squirming around?

Old
01-15-2010, 09:39 PM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBusiness View Post
But the rebuild wasn't going on in the offseason. They still thought (and many here as well) that the Oil could be a top 5-7 team in the West.

Let's look at their patience a year from now to really be in a position to judge.

On another note, I wonder if Tambo and Lowe and the rest of them are hesitant of a rebuild because they're worried they may not be chosen to lead it. I think Katz would stay with the group they have now, but maybe they're unsure of that?
I don't think the fans will be patient enough.

Look at this thread, most of the people that want a rebuild are already upset Tambo has not make any moves.

If you want a rebuild then you won't see anything until close to the trade deadline. No teams are going to want to take on salary right now.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 12:40 AM
HotToddy

Quote:
You were telling all of us how Phoenix only needs a competitive hockey team for the fans to flock back. So this year, the Coyotes are one of the best in the West. So, where are the fans?

You're like a typical politician -- bring up their record and you get deny, deflect, and dodge. Why don't you stop squirming around?
I've challenged you to about 7 bets on the matter and you've backed off like a soft jelly fish.

Still waiting for any prediction for the future of the Coyotes from you

Old
01-16-2010, 02:21 AM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Mactavish had a defense first mentality. His system was very restrictive on forwards as far as forechecking and creating offense. The team when healthy looked very different under Quinn than it was last year with Mactavish. I dont see the parallel you are trying to draw with Hemsky. As far as his lineup goes, there have been cries of protest from posters on here. As for the double standard, wait until Quinn has been given eight years and then make the comparison. Right now it is not fair nor is it really relevant.
\
And here I thought the tall foreheads would get it by now.
Team as bad or worse than past years
No connecting the dots i guess.Logic need not be employed

Last edited by Sammy*: 01-16-2010 at 10:55 AM.
Sammy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 04:48 AM
Giant Moo

Quote:
I've challenged you to about 7 bets on the matter and you've backed off like a soft jelly fish.

Still waiting for any prediction for the future of the Coyotes from you
You said a successful Coyotes team would bring the fans back. They are successful this year. Where are the fans?

Face it... you've been caught being a hypocrite.

Old
01-16-2010, 11:47 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
\
And here I thought the tall foreheads would get it by now.
Team as bad or worse than past years
No connecting the dots i guess.Logic need not be employed
Took you all night to come up with that? I guess that's what happens when the ability to fabricate quotes is taken away from you.

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 12:15 PM
Oiler Crude
3rd rate fan

vCash: 586
You 2 need to meet at the bike rack after school!

Oiler Crude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 03:23 PM
HotToddy

Quote:
You said a successful Coyotes team would bring the fans back. They are successful this year. Where are the fans?

Face it... you've been caught being a hypocrite.
First of all do you understand the meaning of hypocrite or was it just the word of the day yesterday in middle school?

Secondly either post your prediction or opinion (if you have one) or leave the argument to others who at least have a dog in the fight.

Old
01-16-2010, 03:27 PM
Giant Moo

Quote:
First of all do you understand the meaning of hypocrite or was it just the word of the day yesterday in middle school?

Secondly either post your prediction or opinion (if you have one) or leave the argument to others who at least have a dog in the fight.
Dude, you tried to make fun of all of us based on a criteria that you yourself fail.

Your attempts to turn this into a discussion about predictions (or whatever) is futile. You tripped yourself up, and now you look foolish. Quit while you're behind.

Old
01-16-2010, 04:10 PM
HotToddy

Quote:
Dude, you tried to make fun of all of us based on a criteria that you yourself fail.

Your attempts to turn this into a discussion about predictions (or whatever) is futile. You tripped yourself up, and now you look foolish. Quit while you're behind.
Yes Moo I have a bunch of egg on my face for ..................??

Unsuprisingly you make no attempt to state an opinion

If you think my position was that the Phoenix team, after 7 years of awful, awful hockey and after having a lunatic come into town and drop a hand grenade on the future of the franchise, was going to fill the building if they started playing good hockey by December..if that what you think my position was then I guess I'm busted

Or I'll state my real position, NHL hockey will remain in Phoenix and will work.

Care to state otherwise or are you just going to stay on the sidelines and take shots..

I'll take a guess

Old
01-16-2010, 04:22 PM
Giant Moo

Quote:
Yes Moo I have a bunch of egg on my face for ..................??

Unsuprisingly you make no attempt to state an opinion

If you think my position was that the Phoenix team, after 7 years of awful, awful hockey and after having a lunatic come into town and drop a hand grenade on the future of the franchise, was going to fill the building if they started playing good hockey by December..if that what you think my position was then I guess I'm busted

Or I'll state my real position, NHL hockey will remain in Phoenix and will work.

Care to state otherwise or are you just going to stay on the sidelines and take shots..

I'll take a guess
If you're looking for my opinions, just search through my post history.

The difference between you and I is I don't make silly statements, nor do I act like a hypocrite.

The NHL brass really should hire you as their Information Minister.

Old
01-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:
My question is, is Quinn allergic to benching somebody?

From a performance standard one of the worst one month stretches in club history and who's been sat?

Gutless after gutless performance and who is being held accountable. The players are embarassing themselves yet we can't send somebody to the press box for a week?

And then I question the value of holding a four day mini-camp to work on fundamentals only to see the club get down 4-0 in the fist period back from said camp.

I understand that at this point the message has been sent down that the club is writing off the season. But what kind of long term damage is being done when Tom Gilbert can lag around like a bag of warmed over crap and then return to his condo to watch Jersey Shore on the PVR and sort his 85 pairs of shoes?

Do we think these players are jsut going to flick a switch next year?
Accountability issues are top down. When will management pay for their incompetance.

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Gone
Fire KLowe

Quote:

Gee, you say 2 months I say 2 years.

Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 04:52 PM
HotToddy

Quote:
If you're looking for my opinions, just search through my post history.

The difference between you and I is I don't make silly statements, nor do I act like a hypocrite.

The NHL brass really should hire you as their Information Minister.
Actually the bigger difference between you and I is I understand the definition of hypocrite. I'll give you this, you are nonsensical but at least your relentlessly nonsensical.

You don't make silly statements you just continually hijack any thread I'm in with your extremely insightful "You think Phoenix is a good hockey market hahahah" comments.

This issue seems to really concern you ...but not enough to make opinion clear

Old
01-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Actually MacT had far worse goaltending in his tenure than the Oilers have right now and he finished better than 15th in the conference with it.
I'd even take Markkanen, Conklin and Morrison over Dubnyk and Deslauriers.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Giant Moo

Quote:
Actually the bigger difference between you and I is I understand the definition of hypocrite. I'll give you this, you are nonsensical but at least your relentlessly nonsensical.

You don't make silly statements you just continually hijack any thread I'm in with your extremely insightful "You think Phoenix is a good hockey market hahahah" comments.

This issue seems to really concern you ...but not enough to make opinion clear
No you're right, it makes a lot more sense to hijack the thread and make fun of everyone expecting Quinn's arrival to result in immediate change, even though no one said that, and you basically said the same thing about Phoenix's fans coming back when the team starts winning. You're right, there's absolutely no hypocrisy there, and I await the next installment of your ongoing series, Phoenix Is Just Fine Because Bettman Told Me So, not to mention your award-winning drama Double Standards For Success.