HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bad Loss Habs lose 4-2 against Senators

Old
01-16-2010, 08:48 PM
Kirk Muller

vCash: 500
Pathetic display in the second and third periods. PP was complete garbage.

Bergy is used as a PPQB instead of what he is, a big shot and thats it. He is absolutely useless on the fourth line and can't carry the puck up ice.

Jacques Martin's love fest with the fourth line needs to end. Down by a goal and you see as much Lappy, Bergy, and Laraque as anyone else.

The team lacked intensity and their entire game struggled because of it.

Kirk Muller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
willalong

The Canadiens as a team stink....can't pass, beat one on one, give up the blue line, run around throwing the puck all over, no hitting, time to admit this team just does not have it.

Would like to clean house...starting with management, nothing is working and that is where you start. Players are clueless out there.

No pressure on the power play.....just handing over the puck easily......I changed the channel, to expect this team to do anything is foolish.

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Darth Joker

My take on the game...

1) We were actually dominating the game... until Alfie got that second goal for the Sens.

2) After Alfie got that second goal for the Sens, our team just completely had the wind knocked out of the sails. You could feel it right through the TV screen. From that point on to just before the end of the game, the Sens decisively dominated the game.

3) The Sens played exceptional defensive hockey. Great job blocking shots, and getting in the way of passing lanes.

4) Our Power Play was not able to adjust well to the Sens' aggressive penalty killing.

5) The Gomez/Gionta/Pouliot line looked good again, but the rest of our forwards didn't have a good game, imo.

6) A bit of an off night for Markov. MAB also had one of his weaker performances. The rest of the D was good though, imo.

All-told, this is what I take from this going forward...

1) It's time to do some line juggling, apart from the Gomez line. Our 3rd line just isn't generating enough offense, and the Pleks/Cammy line could do more.

2) ... I hate to say it, but... I'm really starting to wonder about Price. The 2nd goal he let in was a bit of a weak one, and like I said before, it really deflated the team, imo. At the very least, we should start Halak against the Rangers tomorrow.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habdynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
First class passenger is Mayo D'Agostini.
and max crapieere .. send these guys to a beer league

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:49 PM
willalong

J.M. looks defeated.....lost his drive, realizes this is a lost cause.

Old
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarantesix View Post
People who think Price was solid tonight are fanboy , if we played a team with good offense this game would'nt have been close
No one thinks he was solid. He did ok. If you think it was solely his fault you're either

A) A huge Halak homer
B) An idiot
C) Both.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Pathetic!!!!!

Medicore team even when healthy

The other team wanted a criucial game more than we did!

Out worked

Out Hustled

Out Goaltended

Out Coached!

Really...so we make the playoff and extend the season ...what 5-6 games more?

Unbelieveable!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Nashy
The Honey Badger

At home against a division rival, have 6 PP's, a rookie goalie playing for Ottawa and that's the game the Habs play?

30 ****ing giveaways?....for a supposed puck possesion team that's disastrous

No intensity, no emotion...ah well, they can think about this game on the driving range in April.

Nashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:50 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
People who think Price was solid tonight are fanboy , if we played a team with good offense this game would'nt have been close
No one here has said he was solid, the "fanboys" have just said he's not the main reason we lost and he wasn't.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhabs87 View Post
Price had terrible positioning on the Sens 4th goal.
I thought he almost had it, but I'm sure Halak would have done a much better job saving it.

Theosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
MontrealHabitant

I think it's time we trade Price for his own sake, I really don't care anymore but the constant bashing from the morons all over the province is impossible to deal with, so let's trade him and I'll be hoping he ***** on us his entire career along with winning a few vezinas/conn smyths/harts along the way while we get torched day and night for the next 10 years in the basement of the NHL.

MontrealHabitant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:51 PM
Theosis
#freegalchenyuk

Quote:
All I'm saying is that he isn't the main reason we lost. Our PP is 1st in the league supposedly, yet we couldn't capitalize once on 6 PPs?

Theosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Year 101

Price wasn't bad but he wasn't solid. PP was garbage, we are outhustled and outplayed. Dago has become quite useless, Cammy isn't burying his shots. Patches needs to be sent down to the AHL because this is really hindering his development.
This team is just very frustrating to watch at times. P.S Lap needs to pick it up really badly.

Year 101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
twenty7

On the brigth side this lost increased our ratio to get a top 10 draft pick
and maybe taylor hall

twenty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
No one thinks he was solid. He did ok. If you think it was solely his fault you're either

A) A huge Halak homer
B) An idiot
C) Both.
he played poor like the rest of the team

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Slippin Jimmy
You'd Better RUN!

That was the best performance on the PP all year and Price has got to stop letting these weak goals but on the up side at least the Gio-Gomez-Pouliot line is continuing to produce,
But Halak is the way to go tomorrow vs NYR

Slippin Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Analyzer*

Quote:
he played poor like the rest of the team
The team sucked ass. There's a game tomorrow. Let,s hope they bring a little more enthusiasm.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:55 PM
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
My take on the game...

1) We were actually dominating the game... until Alfie got that second goal for the Sens.

2) After Alfie got that second goal for the Sens, our team just completely had the wind knocked out of the sails. You could feel it right through the TV screen. From that point on to just before the end of the game, the Sens decisively dominated the game.

3) The Sens played exceptional defensive hockey. Great job blocking shots, and getting in the way of passing lanes.

4) Our Power Play was not able to adjust well to the Sens' aggressive penalty killing.

5) The Gomez/Gionta/Pouliot line looked good again, but the rest of our forwards didn't have a good game, imo.

6) A bit of an off night for Markov. MAB also had one of his weaker performances. The rest of the D was good though, imo.

All-told, this is what I take from this going forward...

1) It's time to do some line juggling, apart from the Gomez line. Our 3rd line just isn't generating enough offense, and the Pleks/Cammy line could do more.

2) ... I hate to say it, but... I'm really starting to wonder about Price. The 2nd goal he let in was a bit of a weak one, and like I said before, it really deflated the team, imo. At the very least, we should start Halak against the Rangers tomorrow.
Wishful thinking in my opinion.....Pouliot allowed the break away with his giveaway on the power play for the first goal which was a breakaway....2nd goal was deflected....this was a team loss, this blaming goalies is getting old. Too much time in the defensive end.

Canadiens are weak on the puck, weak on the pass and spend to much time trying to get the puck back and getting beat one on one. When they finally get it either dump it out and give it right back or try to pass and miss and give it back or try to do it all themselves, or take a poor shot which was easily stopped.

Remember Platenaks goal was a gift also

Old
01-16-2010, 08:55 PM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Here is the top 15 posters from tonight's GDT.

habfan1968 58
King Woodballs 44
Recchi29 41
Nashy 41
Theosis 37
Redux91 35
CrimsonSkorpion 28
Habs10Habs 26
beowulf 26
BobbyG 25
Watsatheo 24
FF de Mars 19
rgolt 18
emb24 16
twenty7 15

Congrats to habfan1968!

Habs10Habs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:56 PM
MicroFracture

Lol of course Price was going to get blamed for this one...Yet I don't remember Halak being so criticized when he lost to the Sens 4-2 too in December. The game was pretty much the same thing. Get a quick lead,then play like crap (15 turnovers in the second period alone), until Sens get a one goal lead. Then we go into the third and we can't complete anything offensively.

MicroFracture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HabsIn7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
The team sucked ass. There's a game tomorrow. Let,s hope they bring a little more enthusiasm.
with the effort some of them gave tonight they shouldnt be tired for tomorrow at least.

HabsIn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Frankenheimer

I didn't follow the game that closely, but didn't our two goals come at the tail end of power plays? We might not have scored any official PP goals, but it seems to me the PPs created the scoring opportunity, so lack of PP scoring doesn't seem to be a valid excuse.

And Brodeur was very solid. I think we're discovering how valuable AKost is to this team in terms of the space he creates for Pleks and Cam

Frankenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
holyhabs

Tonight was the most important game to date, on home ice against a nobody in nets and I am left feeling very unimpressed by this team.

Take away that gift by Brodeur and we scored 1 goal.

We had 6 power plays and came out of those 12 minutes at -1.

We were down 1 goal heading into the 3rd and did not generate anything until a PP with 4-5 minutes left in the game.

We can't beat the good teams and we can't win important games either unless our goalie is lights out, which was not the case tonight.

Can someone remind me of one time this team has come up clutch in the third period this year?

holyhabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:57 PM
sheed36

This loss is not entirely on Price and he shouldn't be blamed for it...The Habs lost tonight because the whole team was a big whole pile of FAIL the entire game...The Sens came in and played a very good road game and the Habs didn't match them...

Watching this JM coached team is frustrating the hell out of me...

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:57 PM
FeelsLike93

everybody needs to relax

you cant win every crucial game.. Price didn't play well but its not need to start bashing him our offense didn't play all that great either because im pretty sure 1 line cant score you enough goals to win you a hockey game a lot of the times

goal support for price=TERRIBLE considering we had 6 pp chances and were #1 in pp% ontop of that let in a shorthanded goal.. enough said

FeelsLike93 is offline   Reply With Quote