HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Bad Loss Habs lose 4-2 against Senators

Old
01-16-2010, 08:57 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 500
Until Gainey is there, I have no idea why there's a debate about Halak or Price. Can people remember that despite being the greatest AHL goalie, Gainey removed Halak from the net and put Price in? Do people remember that Gainey didn't feel like letting Price have a full season in the AHL? Do people remember that he traded a vet to let the net to him? Do people notice that while Price did get some games after a loss, he never did the same for Halak?

Quit debating 'cause even if you'd like to have Halak as your #1 goalie, it's not going to happen.

I am really sad thus far though that the organization didn't let Price develop much more slowly than they did. Don't they know that Montreal is obsessed with their goalies? Don't they remember that we love to KILL our goalies and once they're dead, we resuscitate them to kill them again? I really can't believe we let that happened and that we are going to keep doing it. If it was me, you have no choice but to keep Halak. Price is not ready and let's hope that they're not going to take a decision based on what they believed 4 years ago. We're not and need to act accordingly. A tandem is the way to go now. Once this is settled, I hope that they'll freakin move to the other aspects of this team. How stupid is it to believe that it's only about the goaltending....That defense is bad and so badly constructed, no righties, not fast, and can't have a transition game (minus Markov and Hammer). And there's obviously no bottom 6 up front.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:57 PM
HabsIn7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
Lol of course Price was going to get blamed for this one...Yet I don't remember Halak being so criticized when he lost to the Sens 4-2 too in December. The game was pretty much the same thing. Get a quick lead,then play like crap (15 turnovers in the second period alone), until Sens get a one goal lead. Then we go into the third and we can't complete anything offensively.
I cant remember the last time I saw a team have 6 FULL 2 minute power plays and finish -1 on the PP

HabsIn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:58 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 50
Actually and for some it won't be easy but we got out coached on home ice. What was Lapierre doing out here in the last 2 mins.?

Our PP is now predictable and last but not least, Markov played a very average game if that.

IMHO someone should have gone after whoever hit Markov with the high stick and made a statement early in the game, instead, nothing was done and I believe it changed the game as Markov was not himself after that play.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
HABSINCE76

Please stop playing Price ride Halak all the way.

HABSINCE76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ToysInTheAttic

Carey Price is not a franchise goalie. Not going to happen. Great goalies make great saves. He blows easy saves like the first goal. If he has any kind of value, and I find that very hard to believe, he should be traded before Halak. For the record, I now give up on this guy completely. Epic fail.

ToysInTheAttic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 08:59 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysonlu View Post
First class passenger is Mayo D'Agostini.
another passenger is Lapierre, as much as he was a bright spot last year, he has been total darkness this season.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
I think it's time we trade Price for his own sake, I really don't care anymore but the constant bashing from the morons all over the province is impossible to deal with, so let's trade him and I'll be hoping he ***** on us his entire career along with winning a few vezinas/conn smyths/harts along the way while we get torched day and night for the next 10 years in the basement of the NHL.
I"m with you buddy.

This province is just too stupid

Bring a team to Quebec City too... to dilute the media

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Markov4Captain

Price wasn't great, and he wasn't bad. What I'm realizing is this team cannot win without a spectacular performance from their goalie. BG needs to realize that going 6 weeks without a player who can replace Andrei, is a recipe for disaster. This team usually wins and loses by 1 goal. And if there isn't anything that changes soon, we might as well get used to it.

Markov4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
OneSharpMarble

Man I have a bad feeling if one of these goalies gets moved we are gonna get screwed. We will without a doubt keep the one that falls apart or trade the one that becomes elite. Just a sickening feeling.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
habfan1968

vCash: 50
from a team game Dags and Lapierre need to bring just a little more to the table.

habfan1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABSINCE76 View Post
Please stop playing Price ride Halak all the way.
Until Halak is weak and we'll see a "please stop playing Halak and ride Price all the way".

Come on, we have 2 young kids who are not saviours, but are not terrible either. We have to go with the hottest and play with the ones with a streak.

Which to me doesn't mean AT ALL to go with who wins. If either loses 1-0 with 50 saves, the heck with the fact that he loses. You have to know who respond well after a heartbreakin loss. If you have some kind of view for the playoffs, you need to know that factor. Possible that you have to go with 1 goalie in order to get things going. You have to know who respond well not after a win but after a loss.

Old
01-16-2010, 09:03 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysInTheAttic View Post
Carey Price is not a franchise goalie. Not going to happen. Great goalies make great saves. He blows easy saves like the first goal. If he has any kind of value, and I find that very hard to believe, he should be traded before Halak. For the record, I now give up on this guy completely. Epic fail.
feelin' a little over dramatic aren't we? If a game ever makes me lose faith in a goalie it won't be a game like this. And you can go through every franchise goalie and find they've given up goals like those that were scored tonight.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealHabitant View Post
I think it's time we trade Price for his own sake, I really don't care anymore but the constant bashing from the morons all over the province is impossible to deal with, so let's trade him and I'll be hoping he ***** on us his entire career along with winning a few vezinas/conn smyths/harts along the way while we get torched day and night for the next 10 years in the basement of the NHL.
I agree, get this over with, realize what you got rid of from a distance.

This constant bashing is getting on my nerves, and, I don't have to make a single save.

Pouliot gives the puck away on a power play and give them a breakaway and this becomes the goalies fault. Bergeron can't hold the blue line on a power play and kills all momentum.

Guys throwing at back to the blue line, blindly and it goes down the ice....Two guys getting beat by one forechecker.....CONSTANTLY....poor passes, dump it out...give it back to them.......fight for it back and dump it out...only to give it back ....ice the puck....lose important faceoffs...on and on.

Trade Price.....please.....let him go to another team....get out of Quebec.....join a team that can let him flourish.........I will cheer when/if they trade him this is not right.

Canadiens hopefully lose in New York and pick up a lower draft pick because this team is going nowhere in the playoffs.....save the aggrivation.

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Stradale

Price did not win the game for us because thats what he needed to do tonight with the way the offense was playing.

Price absolutely needed to let only one goal or less tonight to get a win. He did not, he should be blame.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:05 PM
Chris Cutter
Devil's Advocate

I don't care anymore, just call up Trotter and test him out with Cammalleri and Plekanec. D'Agostini/Moen/Pacioretty/Whatever they're not the solution.

Chris Cutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:06 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysInTheAttic View Post

GMAB.

Had that been a goal by Pleky shorthanded everyone would have raved at how sick the shot was. It was perfect.

Kind of like Kovy's goal against Thomas in Game #1 last year. Absolutely no angle from far out along the boards and he blasted it into the net. All the comments were "what a shot by Kovy!" Had it been on Price it would have been "What a weak goal! Why is he on his knees?"

Just take the example of last game. That "weak" goal on Price by Peterson, was also a HON candidate on TSN.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Darth Joker

Quote:
Originally Posted by willalong View Post
Wishful thinking in my opinion.....
Wishful thinking?

I basically said that most of the team played poorly. Yes, it was a team loss.

That doesn't mean that Price didn't play a role in that lost.

Quote:
Pouliot allowed the break away with his giveaway on the power play for the first goal which was a breakaway....2nd goal was deflected....
The Phillips goal was deflected, but I don't recall the Alfie goal being deflected.

You could tell from the body language of the Habs skaters that they felt Price should have had that 2nd goal. That he should have stopped it.

Quote:
this blaming goalies is getting old. Too much time in the defensive end.
The shot totals in this game weren't absurdly against us (like they are in many games).

Some people are blowing out of proportion how much the Sens dominated this game. The Habs were the better team in the 1st period, and were the better team until Price let in the Alfie goal. That goal was a huge turning point. It was very emotionally deflating for the rest of the team.

The team probably should have had better mental toughness, but this is what tends to happen when teams lose faith in the goalie. It effects their entire game.

Darth Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Quarantesix
#Galchenyuk

Price is a good goalie and he will be a great one but he's young and have way to much pressure on him, we need to keep Halak around because he's not ready to be the number1 goalie in this city at all. You can see that the fans can get under his skin and this is not a good sign at all.

Gainey play his job this year and I hope he know what the **** he's doing

Quarantesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
willalong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Price did not win the game for us because thats what he needed to do tonight with the way the offense was playing.

Price absolutely needed to let only one goal or less tonight to get a win. He did not, he should be blame.
You sound like you might be trying to be sarcastic, but, I think not........trade him.......please. Hold them to one goal........ridiculous.....and not hold the team accountable for putting up a fight.

These over paid prima donna's are a disgrace.

willalong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Blindly and solely blaming the goaltending is a terrible example of people overrating this team. Reality check people. And a great way to do it is watch other games than the one from your team. It will help understand a whole lot of things.

Old
01-16-2010, 09:07 PM
CanadienErrant*

It was a ''must win'' game, especially at home...

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
freezie

whats frustrating about price is the brilliance and aggression he shows for very small stretches, then the poor rebounding and going down early during others . no consistency, we just need him to find and keep his confidence, because when he has it hes amazing.

freezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
couris

What happened to D'Ago****ty and Pacioretty...

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:08 PM
eightyseven

Are you guys joking? Price wasn't great but he wasn't the reason we lost.

Don't you remember Halak in the last game against Ottawa? We also lost 4-2. The exact same score.

The Ottawa Senators are just better than us. Their defence is better, and their bottom 6 is way better than ours. Their top 6 are more physical, and better along the boards.

eightyseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:09 PM
holyhabs87

vCash: 2009
Some good news...Rangers losing 3-1 to the Blues in the 3rd.

holyhabs87 is offline   Reply With Quote