HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Steen to Vancouver

Old
01-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Ace of Canucks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
Demitra's said already that he has no problems playing center... just didn't like playing center in Lemaire's system... and it's not like he's ever looked out of place at center... he basically looks the same on either wing and center.

He's still not the ideal 3rd line center for this team, but he's no less ideal than a guy like Steen.

Steen is horrible on faceoffs... he's been playing left wing all year in STL as well... how exactly does he address the 3rd line center spot any more than Demitra does?

At this point, the best option for center is Wellwood, with Demitra on wing. If the Canucks can actually obtain a 3rd line rental center who's actually good on faceoffs and can help the PK, I'm all for it... Steen isn't the answer... not only is he weak on draws, but he's a RFA, and the Canucks have no need to give up assets based on anything more than a depth rental this year.

The 5 guys I've had in mind for some time: Belanger, Cullen, Halpern, Stajan and Moore - likely in that order as well... all rentals, all on non-playoff teams, all capable of playing the 3rd line center role effectively.
Stajan would fit in great on our 3rd line.

Only real type of trade I can see the Canucks making at the deadline, is to bring in a player like Stajan.

Ace of Canucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 04:54 PM
Quik
Agent 0091

Stempniak straight up? Since he's in his last season, you don't have to add Cola

Quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 05:23 PM
Cappo40*

While the Canucks are there going for Steen...go after Colaiacovo, Tucker on the Avs, McCabe on Florida

You'd become the FORMER Leafs, since you love us so much

Cappo40* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Ziostilon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
The 5 guys I've had in mind for some time: Belanger, Cullen, Halpern, Stajan and Moore - likely in that order as well... all rentals, all on non-playoff teams, all capable of playing the 3rd line center role effectively.
i dont mind Demo playing center, i just dont want him to throw his shoulder out again. doubt its been completely healed, it'll take more than this season for it to be 100%.

Steen is just one of a couple.

While yes, i do want the majority of players on your list. I have high doubts that Minny will trade Belanger, hes an integral part of their 3 scoring lines. And the Canucks is their biggest rival.

Cullen will be highly sought after, and his cap hit is a concern for me. More bidders, price rises.

Stajan is the one player i dont think the Leafs can lose. if he is traded, it will be a hefty price. Burke - Gillis connection.

Dominic Moore, is doing his brother a disfavor for playing with the Canucks. and is just creating an unnecessary story by himself

Which is why, ive raised the question of getting Jeff Halpern. Also Greg Campbell and Kreps from the Sunshine State. Boyd Gordon (injuries ), and Andy Murray (Blue Jackets)

Ziostilon is offline   Reply With Quote